IGNORED

Ukraine V England

pdgifford64

As i`m sure you are all aware this weekends WCQ in the Ukraine will not be shown live on telly in any format. For those unaware Setanta bought those rights and on their colllapse the rights reverted back to the Ukrainian FA. I believe, though i may well be wrong, that enquiries were made by BBC for highlights packages but were turned down. The rights have been sold to a company who will stream the match live over the internet or screen it at selected cinemas. The company handling the live stream in the UK is Perform.

Is this the same Perform that are now responsible for BCFC player ?

Rumour has it that you can order your match for £4.99 now but the price may well increase by the weekend. I for one wouldn`t have paid for it anyway and will settle for the 5live commentary.

Of course if this is the same company then it does raise some, shall we say, quality issues.

Any thoughts ?

PDG

if you have a bet 365 account, with funds you will be able to watch the England game on the 365 website.

Ty MLA but i don`t, for me, having a Sky Sports subscription and the doomed Setanta now replaced by ESPN for virgin customers i like to watch my football in front of my lovely large telly. As a fan said on a news report last night......5.15 if you`re not there you either want to be in a pub or sat at home in front of the telly, not sat around a bloody computer screen..... Yes, you can hook it up to your telly but unless you`ve already done that i can`t see that many people rushing out for a cable to do it.

Just wondering what other Eng fans will be doing.

PDG

Ty MLA but i don`t, for me, having a Sky Sports subscription and the doomed Setanta now replaced by ESPN for virgin customers i like to watch my football in front of my lovely large telly. As a fan said on a news report last night......5.15 if you`re not there you either want to be in a pub or sat at home in front of the telly, not sat around a bloody computer screen..... Yes, you can hook it up to your telly but unless you`ve already done that i can`t see that many people rushing out for a cable to do it.

Just wondering what other Eng fans will be doing.

PDG

Agreed,

although those of us with a PS3 (already linked to telly obviously), can stream the game that way - although from the Ashes experience the picture on a big telly will probably be crap.

Giving this one a miss.

There was a poll on the BBC website about this - Would you be willing to pay to watch this online?

Of around 16,000 people who answered, 97% said no. Says it all for me and I hope this fails miserably.

Maybe the uptake would be higher if there was something riding on the game, but I really hope this is doomed from day one.

Luckily the result doesnt really matter now, id still watch the game, best looking England team for a long time. There will be a ton of web based options to watch, some at a price, others for free. I'll be feet up infront of the PC watching this one.

Even Alan Green?

I used to work for an ISP that provided the Beeb with connection nodes all over the place.....including Albania.

Now from memory of a phone call i took one day, Alan Green doesn like Albania and he certainly doesnt like Albanians!

He was over there for an England match and had a report to mail back, he gets myself on the line and i get him connected by some small miracle. He then preceeded to tell me how much of a dump the place was and how awful the people there were. What a lovely lovely man he isnt.

if you have a bet 365 account, with funds you will be able to watch the England game on the 365 website.

That's how I'll be watching it.

I'd imagine quite a few people have bet365 accounts, as it's the one that's promoted through the official website for a long time.

Worth making sure you have a couple of quid in your account before the game, though.

Quote from the head of Perform, who won the rights.

Andrew Croker, executive chairman of Perform, insisted England fans would "embrace" the internet broadcast.

"I think consumers are pretty sophisticated now, particularly in the UK, where we have been in the vanguard of adopting new technology," he told BBC Sport.

"I think people want a choice - the chance to watch football in a different way. This is pioneering, very exciting and I think people will enjoy it."

Yeah, right.

My 80 year old dad would love to watch the match but, surprise, surprise, doesn't have the 'net.

Hopefully this will fail dismally and be a one-off.

As it's England..yawn..and we're through ..yawn i won't be paying for it (have the bet 365 account though :P) but wouldn't watch it if it was on free tv anyway.

But

£5 a city match...

If you can't make the game...

I think there would be interest. Lots of it. If BCFC player was £100 a year but you got to watch the home games i'd definitely get it.

And the away games, wouldn't you prefer to pay £5 to watch it than sit round the radio tearing your hair out as you don't know what's going on?

• SC&T Board Members
That's how I'll be watching it.

I'd imagine quite a few people have bet365 accounts, as it's the one that's promoted through the official website for a long time.

Worth making sure you have a couple of quid in your account before the game, though.

If you decide to watch the game via this route and don't yet have an account with Bet365, please open it via the banner ad rotating above (if you don't see it right now, just browse the forum a bit and it'll soon show up, as the banners change each time you switch page).

As it's England..yawn..and we're through ..yawn i won't be paying for it (have the bet 365 account though :P) but wouldn't watch it if it was on free tv anyway.

But

£5 a city match...

If you can't make the game...

I think there would be interest. Lots of it. If BCFC player was £100 a year but you got to watch the home games i'd definitely get it.

And the away games, wouldn't you prefer to pay £5 to watch it than sit round the radio tearing your hair out as you don't know what's going on?

Thats a worrying concept.

PDG

Archived