IGNORED

Middlesbrough Away.

Taunton_City

Anyone else thinking of staying in Newcastle for the boro game after this weekend defo wanna go there again!!

you sir, are a genius.

Newcastle's night life was great, Middlesbrough has been voted Britain's crappest town, so i doubt the nightlife is gonna be any good.

Defo up for that

Anyone else thinking of staying in Newcastle for the boro game after this weekend defo wanna go there again!!

Booked up weeks ago - on a flight this time. Cannot handle the 6 hours with a raging hangover again :blush:

There's loads already booked mate. I'm in a group 0f 8 that booked at the start of the season and another lot of us booked about a week later.

Should be good as there isn't the sh!tty glamour that was attached to the St.James park trip. I can't explain it without sounding like a tw*t, but there was too much of a 'grand day out' feel to Newcastle. Boro away can be a rough place and this will have more of the down to earth feel, which i prefer.

Just a note of caution - I don't think Sky have picked their games for January yet - we could be up there on the Monday night??

Will change my return flight to the Tuesday if thats the case :tongue:

Superb night out , flew up on the friday with a mate and our wives ( who incidentley are both season ticket holders )thought takeing them might take the edge off the weekend , not one bit we all had a superb time , , we walked into a pub on the quayside on the friday and dont think we stopped dancing and singing until the early hours of sunday morning , and take it from me im no dancer usually , both couples and my son and his girlfriend doing the same for boro away , i suggest if you missed saturday make the boro trip and stay in newcastle ,whatever u do dont stay in boro ( shithole )

Superb night out , flew up on the friday with a mate and our wives ( who incidentley are both season ticket holders )thought takeing them might take the edge off the weekend , not one bit we all had a superb time , , we walked into a pub on the quayside on the friday and dont think we stopped dancing and singing until the early hours of sunday morning , and take it from me im no dancer usually , both couples and my son and his girlfriend doing the same for boro away , i suggest if you missed saturday make the boro trip and stay in newcastle ,whatever u do dont stay in boro ( shithole )

Anyone got any advice for digs in Newcastle, organising a pub trip up and need cheap digs!!

6 lads going up. Flying to Newcastle Friday and flying home sunday. Already booked plane tickets. Just needa sort out travel between Newcastle and Boro. If anyone could send me a link where I could book these tickets, much appriciated :D Also yet to book hotel but my m8 is guna sort all that out.

Unfortunutely I missed out on the newcastle game because I was still 17, but seeing as my 18th is January 10th im going to try and make up for it at Newcastle on 30th :P Cant wait to go :P

Oh, any hotels worth mensioning to stay at Newcastle ??

6 lads going up. Flying to Newcastle Friday and flying home sunday. Already booked plane tickets. Just needa sort out travel between Newcastle and Boro. If anyone could send me a link where I could book these tickets, much appriciated :D Also yet to book hotel but my m8 is guna sort all that out.

Unfortunutely I missed out on the newcastle game because I was still 17, but seeing as my 18th is January 10th im going to try and make up for it at Newcastle on 30th :P Cant wait to go :P

Oh, any hotels worth mensioning to stay at Newcastle ??

Go to www.thetrainline.com for train tickets they were £10.80 the other night

Go to www.thetrainline.com for train tickets they were £10.80 the other night

With the train you have two choices - either fast main-line to Darlington then a stopping train to Boro, takes between about an hour and an hour and a half depending on the wait at Darlo; or else a stopping train with no changes which goes around the coast via Sunderland and Hartlepool (including Seaton Carew of canoe fame) and takes about one hour twenty minutes. There is also a limited stop bus which runs every half hour, takes one hour twenty and costs £6.20 return (or of course free for old gits like me!) Hope this helps.

Archived