IGNORED

Dw's Team V Hartlepool

Bristol Boy

No surprises and I wouldn't expect them.

Assuming Bell's out

4-4-2

.............................................Phillips.............................................................

Carey............................Coles..........................Butler...........................Hill.......

Rougier...........................Doherty......................Burnell........................Tinnion..

......................................Roberts.......................Peacock...................................

Stowell

Fortune

Wilkshire

Lita

Miller

DW will defend a try for a draw, hence Burnell and the bad move in my view, Tinnion wide where he's ineffective.

My Team

4-4-2

....................................................Phillips....................................................

Carey..............................Coles..........................Butler......................Hill........

Murray.............................Doherty.......................Tinnion...................Rougier....

.........................................Roberts.....................Peacock.............................

Subs

Stowell

Fortune

Wilkshire

Lita

Miller

Given the defensive record, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

This gives us pace, width and may get a goal or two.

Can't see DW doing it, but Hartlepool are an attacking side and I've always thought the best way to deal with that is to keep them in their half, not ours!

I would play...

........................Phillips..........................

Carey.........Coles.............Butler...........Hill

Murray......Doherty.........Tinnion.........Rougier

.....................Miller.......Roberts....................

subs

lita

caskey

fortune

wilkshire

woodman

Guest worle-red

my team............

............................stowell.........................

.........carey..............simpson....................woodman

.........hawkins............fortune..........caskey.....goodfellow

..........mcguire...................lita............matthews

ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!! :clap::laugh::dunno::laugh::laugh::dunno::P

this is my real team............

phillips

coles

carey

hill

butler

murray

rougier

tinman

the doc

peacock

roberts

Guest bcfcsols
4-4-2

....................................................Phillips....................................................

Carey..............................Coles..........................Butler......................Hill........

Murray.............................Doherty.......................Tinnion...................Rougier....

.........................................Roberts.....................Peacock.............................

Agree, but Miller or Lita must replace pCock at some point in the game

Guest Cyprus_Red

i think if both murray and rougier play we will destroy hartlepool with our pace.

and i would bring on lita definately sometime in the second half

Assuming Bell's out

4-4-2

.............................................Phillips.............................................................

Carey............................Coles..........................Butler...........................Hill.......

Rougier...........................Doherty......................Burnell........................Tinnion..

......................................Roberts.......................Peacock...................................

Stowell

Fortune

Wilkshire

Lita

Miller

DW will defend a try for a draw, hence Burnell and the bad move in my view, Tinnion wide where he's ineffective.

My Team

4-4-2

Subs

Stowell

Fortune

Wilkshire

Lita

Miller

Can't see DW doing it, but Hartlepool are an attacking side and I've always thought the best way to deal with that is to keep them in their half, not ours!

I agree, both with the team you would put out (save for, I would still rather see Miller and Roberts up front) and the team you think DW will play.

I also fear it will not work for the same reasons you suggest. However, despite DW's proclamation that, "We are not going up there to hold them in the first leg.", I suspect he will not be able to resist the temptation to do just that.

Any player in a City shirt has my full support, but I really think this line up would put us in serious danger of not getting the win, which we are more than capable of achieving.

Assuming Bell's out

4-4-2

Stowell

Fortune

Wilkshire

Lita

Miller

My Team

4-4-2

Subs

Stowell

Fortune

Wilkshire

Lita

Miller

So has DW announced the team you say? I for one would be very surprised if he has gone for that line up.

Hey - lets not even wait for the team to be announced before slagging the selection off :rolleyes:

Bristol Boy, do you really think Murray won't be in the 16, if fit ? And do you really think the Tinnion / Doherty partnership in midfield will be broken up ?

I can't see anything other than Murray - Doherty - Tinnion - Rougier in midfield. Apart from that, you're probably right.

I can't see anything other than Murray - Doherty - Tinnion - Rougier in midfield. Apart from that, you're probably right.
And I didn't think anyone in their right mind would leave out Tinnion in favour of Mickey Bell in a play-off game but there we go.

Wilson has a track record of negativity and I see no reason why he'll change the habit of a lifetime on Saturday.

I am very fearful that Wilson will play Burnell instead of Tinnion for 2 reasons. The fact that he will try and make sure that we dont loose there. Also Tinnion isnt able to play every week and I think Wilson would prefer to have Tinnion playing in the Home leg rather than the away one.

I dont want to see the Tinnion Doherty partnership broken up.

Hey - lets not even wait for the team to be announced before slagging the selection off :rolleyes:

Bristol Boy, do you really think Murray won't be in the 16, if fit ? And do you really think the Tinnion / Doherty partnership in midfield will be broken up ?

I actualy overlooked Murray in DW's selection, so I think he'll be sub with £250,000 LW, nowhere to be seen.

Yes, I absolutely think he'll break up the partnership of BT/TW.

He has before and recently to, at Luton and at home to Brighton.

Frankly, after some of the selections he's made, I'm amazed that YOU think he won't, because I wouldn't put anything past him!!

And I'm not slagging him off AND I really, really, hope I'm wrong because his (suggested) selection doesn't look like scoring.

I reakon our best line up is

...................Philips

Carey........Coles...........Butler............Hill

Murray.......Doc............Tinman..........Rouge

.........................Roberts..........Miller

Subs

Stowell

Lita

Leapy

Wilkshire

Woodman

But I reakon Leapy will start instead of Miller and/or Bell instead of Tinman

Guest bristolbred

My choice, such as it is, is...

........................Phillips..........................

Carey.........Coles.............Caskey...........Hill

Murray......Doherty.........Tinnion.........Rougier

..................Lita..........Roberts....................

subs

Miller

Butler

Fortune

Wilkshire

Woodman

Think POSITIVE!!!. :grr:

We are going to WIN!!!. :grr::dunno:

:)

A quick question: Have any of the posters here who would like to see Rougier on the left ever chosen to criticise Wilson for playing Goodfellow on the right or, for that matter, any other player out of position? If so, i'd love to see your explanation for wanting to see Rougier being played out of position on the left.

If he plays Tins on the left (which I think he will - and so would I), he'll play Wilks alongside Doc not Burnell. Wilson may be defensive minded this season but he's not mad. I'm willing to place a little wager with BB (and i'll give you odds in your favour) that he'll not pick your anticipated midfield.

A quick question: Have any of the posters here who would like to see Rougier on the left ever chosen to criticise Wilson for playing Goodfellow on the right or, for that matter, any other player out of position? If so, i'd love to see your explanation for wanting to see Rougier being played out of position on the left.

Some players can do it, some can't. Rougier showed against Blackpool that he is more than capable of beating a man on either flank. In fact, when he played for Hibs, left wing was where he played a lot of the time. Indeed, Robert Pires manages it for Arsenal.

Just because certain players can adapt to different positions, doesn't mean you have a free rein to play anyone out of position and expect it to work, or, indeed, expect to be above criticism when it doesn't.

If he plays Tins on the left (which I think he will - and so would I), he'll play Wilks alongside Doc not Burnell. Wilson may be defensive minded this season but he's not mad. I'm willing to place a little wager with BB (and i'll give you odds in your favour) that he'll not pick your anticipated midfield.

Yep, worked well against Oldham, didn't it. If you'd play Tinnion on the left, then, frankly, I'd love to know your reasoning, and if DW does, I'd love to know his too. Ah well, pointless arguing about it, he'll do what he wants to do and either get us promoted or be out on his ear. His call.

I had my doubts until his goal at Barnsley and when he moved over following Bells injury on Saturday, he looked class.

Tinnion on the left? Cost us at least two points if not six against Oldham & PV.

3-5 Years ago, yes, not now.

He won't play LW becuase he's out of favour.

Wait and see.

I don't want to take your money off you :grr:

Some players can do it, some can't. Rougier showed against Blackpool that he is more than capable of beating a man on either flank. In fact, when he played for Hibs, left wing was where he played a lot of the time. Indeed, Robert Pires manages it for Arsenal.

Just because certain players can adapt to different positions, doesn't mean you have a free rein to play anyone out of position and expect it to work, or, indeed, expect to be above criticism when it doesn't.

I still think you're walking a fine line. You can put the same argument forward for Goodfellow - he played on the right a lot of the time for Stoke. I'm not sure, under your criteria, when its OK to play a player out of position and when its not.

If you'd play Tinnion on the left, then, frankly, I'd love to know your reasoning

Of the fit players available who could potentially play there;

Woodman - having been out the team so long and with a big match requiring strong nerves and experience, Woodman misses the cut.

Goodfellow or Rougier - too big a game to risk two attacking wingers, away from home - a formation that we have not tried all season - I can hear it now after a 3-1 defeat: "Trust Wilson to choose this game to start messing about with the formation and gambling - didn't he realise there were two legs!!!"etc (probably accompanied with one or two of these: :@ )

Tinnion - playing left side of midfield, tucking in a bit to allow Rougier / Murray to make a third forward, providing a wealth of experience. As he's not going to be making darting runs down the flank he adds defensive strength to the team. This also allows Wilkshire to play in the middle who can add to the supply of the '3' forwards as well having the licence to make forward runs in the knowledge that Tins is tucking in.

Rougier has to play, therefore the question is whether he on the left or the right. Personally I'd have Rougier on the left and Murray on the right :grr:

We all know what the team will be.

Archived