IGNORED

Jack Warner Pours Cold Water On England 2018

Barrs Court Red

The guy has lost the plot, read this earlier today wants to reduce teams to 10 v 10 and make the penalty area smaller. http://ow.ly/tb7D

or maybe he's just upset with lack of gift;

Turning to bidding for the 2018 World Cup, Warner called the English campaign "lightweight,'' complaining that as he arrived at Stamford Bridge for the conference he was handed promotional gifts from rival bids like Australia, but nothing from England.

But they always choose crap places like USA, Korea, South Africa...what next Australia?!?

I'd be very happy if they just swap between south america and europe like they used to.

Regardless of whether you think that Australia is a "crap" place or not, or indeed, if your opinion of current Australian team is that it's "crap" ,I really would not dismiss the current bid as in any way, crap:

[i]"The Federal Government has announced it will support a Football Federation Australia (FFA) bid to host the 2018 soccer World Cup.

Prime Minister Kevin Rudd says bidding to host the World Cup is a natural follow-on from the popularity of the game in Australia after the Socceroos' success in the 2006 event.

He says winning the right to host the world's biggest sporting event is a "Herculean" task, but that "overcoming tough odds is what Australian football does best".Federal Sports Minister Kate Ellis says the Government is firmly behind the bid by FFA and expects all states and territories to support it too.

"We'll be sitting down with the FFA this week and also talking with the states and territories," she said.

"There's a lot of work that needs to be done in terms of assessing our infrastructure requirements, working on all of the background into making a successful bid on the world stage, and that's something that the Australian Government is prepared to put our time and resources into."

FFA chairman Frank Lowy has welcomed the Government's commitment.

FFA chief executive Ben Buckley will head the bid team, which will include state and federal government representatives.

England, Mexico, and Spain and Portugal are among the countries which have already expressed an interest in hosting the 2018 event."

You'd better believe: it ain't bullsh*t. Personally, as a loyal CITY supporter I rather hope they don't succeed until 2022 so that the building of the new stadium will be facilitated, but I'll bet it'll be one or the other.

But it is a WORLD cup (even if it's highly improbable that it will be won by any team outside Europe or S. America in the near future). I think it's great for African football that they will be holding their first tournament. Will be a great atmosphere, especially when England win. :winner_third_h4h:

South Africa will be a BLOODBATH, belive me. Anybody who have been out there to watch the cricket or the rugby will tell you. Anybody who is thinking of going, please don't. South Africa should have not be given the World Cup.

Did you see how the 1994 World Cup was a raving success? Held in a country that didnt give a $hit if a minority sport was playing a tournament somwhere in uptown New York???

True the Americans are not fans of football. But they had the resources, the infrastructure and from what I recall every game was sold out

Will probably be a similar story if Australia ever get the World Cup in the future

I think it's good to see it spread around the globe. South Africa 2010 is going to be interesting seeing it done on a brand new continent.

Archived