IGNORED

Sol Campbell On Loan?

Eddie Hitler

A player of undoubted quality going cheap. No chance of hanging onto him after that.

As it's only for a couple of months he won't be that worried who he plays for as long as they're not rubbish and he's guaranteed a start. Well we can do that....

Sol Campbell wants a short-term loan move to a Championship club to earn a Premier League return in January.

Centre-back Campbell, 35, is desperate to get back in the top-flight in January but knows his lack of fitness and match practice is an issue.

He is now trying to get Football League dispensation after leaving Notts County to play for another club before the transfer window opens in the New Year.

Campbell believes he may get a reprieve - which would also cover playing for more than two teams in a season - after leaving League Two County after just one game amid claims of broken promises.

He has already held preliminary discussions with Championship promotion hopefuls West Bromwich Albion.

And the star hopes that by getting his match sharpness back in the Championship, he can rekindle his ambitions of playing in the top-flight again this term.

Hull remain keen on signing Campbell in the next window on a free transfer.

The ace believes he can still cut it in the top-flight after leaving Portsmouth in the summer on a Bosman but wants games to sharpen up.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Sol-C...icle186225.html

A player of undoubted quality going cheap. No chance of hanging onto him after that.

As it's only for a couple of months he won't be that worried who he plays for as long as they're not rubbish and he's guaranteed a start. Well we can do that....

Sol Campbell wants a short-term loan move to a Championship club to earn a Premier League return in January.

Centre-back Campbell, 35, is desperate to get back in the top-flight in January but knows his lack of fitness and match practice is an issue.

He is now trying to get Football League dispensation after leaving Notts County to play for another club before the transfer window opens in the New Year.

Campbell believes he may get a reprieve - which would also cover playing for more than two teams in a season - after leaving League Two County after just one game amid claims of broken promises.

He has already held preliminary discussions with Championship promotion hopefuls West Bromwich Albion.

And the star hopes that by getting his match sharpness back in the Championship, he can rekindle his ambitions of playing in the top-flight again this term.

Hull remain keen on signing Campbell in the next window on a free transfer.

The ace believes he can still cut it in the top-flight after leaving Portsmouth in the summer on a Bosman but wants games to sharpen up.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Sol-C...icle186225.html

GJ "We will not take Sol on loan as he was not up to our standard of fitness." :)

So thats Sol proving his disloyalty right there. "Yeah I'll play for you, but only until I get more money offred"

Go fork yourself Sol

Do what?

How many of our players have signed because they love Bristol City? I would have said Carey bar his Coventry dalliance.

If we sign him on loan and it gets us (say) another 10 points then that is money well spent.

Do what?

How many of our players have signed because they love Bristol City? I would have said Carey bar his Coventry dalliance.

If we sign him on loan and it gets us (say) another 10 points then that is money well spent.

I understand he was on £40,000 per week at Notts County. NO WAYYYYYYYY

Why is any team in the CCC going to sign him only for him to walk away in 2-3 months time? I don't think Sol understands the word commitment. I hope the FL/FA tell him to get stuffed and he can wait till January.

West Brom will not be signing former Arsenal defender Sol Campbell as they cannot afford his wages. (Daily Express)

Nuff said.

I was assuming he wouldn't be asking for a great deal as he would be getting a lot of the move (return to match fitness, in the shop window for a move to the prem).

If he is still looking for £40k a week, and it must be of this order if WBA can't afford it, then I agree - he can do one.

Totally against it, were it even a posibility.

We have a slow, immobile lump at the back with boom boom (bless!)

Having had overweight, highly paid, uncommitted players on big wages in the past why get our fingers burnt again?

He was a great player.

WAS.

disloyal judas wouldnt handle the real league (ccc)would not touch him with a 20 ft barge pole

Archived