IGNORED

Tiny Pencil Tells Sky He Got Slaughtered At Ag

cswhitlock

Hmm.

It does make you wonder why he got a very good reception at Gillingham, a very small club he got promoted, and a very bad reception at Bristol City, a club he brought the most dire football imaginable too, then left within six months, but not before buying a shed-load of over-age, overpaid and over-weight players for, a club he has since admitted he doesn't like given the fact he's also a sag-head.

Strange. I can't work it out either, Tiny. Why do you get so much hatred here?!

Hmm.

It does make you wonder why he got a very good reception at Gillingham, a very small club he got promoted, and a very bad reception at Bristol City, a club he brought the most dire football imaginable too, then left within six months, but not before buying a shed-load of over-age, overpaid and over-weight players for, a club he has since admitted he doesn't like given the fact he's also a sag-head.

Strange. I can't work it out either, Tiny. Why do you get so much hatred here?!

Thoughts that rushed through my mind too there Red_Mat but hey none so blind as them what cant see

By Gods holy ball sack! Who cares about what this muppet thinks, Pulis was a disgrace at AG, the fact he got Sjoke promoted will remain a mystery for eternity, they guys a forking imbicile and not even worthy of comment.

As is maybe but you did tho didnt ya :tumbleweed:

He may be reprehensible and produce some of the most unattractive football known to man, but you cannot deny that he has, more often than not, been successful.

I think that, had he not left, he would have got us promoted within a season or two. He didn't lose a single home game in his time with us.

Having said that, thank the lord that he did go. His time with us is a salutory reminder to the 'success at all costs' brigade. It's not where you end up that counts, it's how you got there as well.

I'm inclined to agree with you, Rich, and I think there are more similarities between him and Gary Johnson than most of us would like to believe.

However the main differences are that Gary Johnson (a) tries to get his team to play football and (b) isn't thoroughly unpleasant, corrupt and generally reprehensible.

He may be reprehensible and produce some of the most unattractive football known to man, but you cannot deny that he has, more often than not, been successful.

I think that, had he not left, he would have got us promoted within a season or two. He didn't lose a single home game in his time with us.

Having said that, thank the lord that he did go. His time with us is a salutory reminder to the 'success at all costs' brigade. It's not where you end up that counts, it's how you got there as well.

Maybe, but his style of football was such that crowds would have dropped to about 5,000 before he managed it.

I can't remember winning many either ! I have recollections of drab nil-nil bore draws over and over again.

He had some kind of fall out with Tony Thorpe, so he didn't play him, and as soon as he Pulis left, Tony Thorpe was back in the side scoring goals - we were crying out for goals that season!

Did Pulis also mastermind the selling of Akinbiyi because he had some sort of sell-on clause written into his transfer when he was manager of Gillingham?

Did he not bring in the right back Smith, who kicked the ball into the crowd at Reading and got a suspension because of it. The only plus side to Pulis' reign as Smith had a great attitude, 'if it moves kick it'.

Would like to se a bit more of that attitude as I believe we have gone soft since GJ arrived. We fight more against ourselves than the opposition.

Did he not bring in the right back Smith, who kicked the ball into the crowd at Reading and got a suspension because of it. The only plus side to Pulis' reign as Smith had a great attitude, 'if it moves kick it'.

Would like to se a bit more of that attitude as I believe we have gone soft since GJ arrived. We fight more against ourselves than the opposition.

wasnt that Gerard Lavin?

I just want to add the intellectual thought to this thread... i don't give a flying fig how much that grade a cock-atoo hates us, it's not half as much as i hate that two faced, long ball, defensive, witless, brainless, hopeless, gashead prat.

Normally i rise above such animosity but that bloke still gets my goat.

If getting sucess means doing what he does in the name of football then leave me in the conference.

After we played Stoke at Ag in our 1st year back at this level after the game he admitted that he found it very difficult to be our manager considering he is a gas head and basically said he did what ever he could to destroy us.

After we played Stoke at Ag in our 1st year back at this level after the game he admitted that he found it very difficult to be our manager considering he is a gas head and basically said he did what ever he could to destroy us.

...cant stand the bloke, but is that true? - re: basically said he tried to 'destroy us' ?

Is that a quoteable fact or an urban myth? - be interested to see a transcript if one exists.

Like I said, I cant stand the bloke but surely even he is more of a pro than to publically come out with something like that ? - he might be detested by us but he aint that stupid -is he?.... surely anyone admitting to such as that would never again be employed by any club in the land.

Archived