IGNORED

This Is Starting To Get Ridiculous

Super Scotty Murray

I can understand sitting on a 1-0 lead against a top side but there is absolutely no excuse for doing it against opposition like Peterborough. I am sick and tired of watching us capitulate when we have a really good squad of players who are good enough to be fighting for promotion. The way we defend when we have a lead in the last five minutes of games is like a relegation team who havent won for about two months.

Johnson and Millen need to pull their finger out and stop being so negative in their tactics or they will lose support from the home crowd. We are trying to play good passing football but cant because we are too narrow. Why is it that 13,000 people can see it week in week out but the manager cant???

I am one of Johnsons biggest fans and have rarely criticised him before but this is getting ridiculous.

Peterborough earned their place in this league. They have as much right to be in it as us. I share your frustration but dont be so disrespectful.

BCFC is harly Man U.

I dont agree with you that I am being disrespectful when they are 22nd in the league and havnt won away all season. At what point did I say they didnt deserve to be in the league? We give many teams far too much respect in my opinion. Peterborough are good going forward but very poor in defence and we sat back asking for trouble, stupid.

I dont agree with you that I am being disrespectful when they are 22nd in the league and havnt won away all season. At what point did I say they didnt deserve to be in the league? We give many teams far too much respect in my opinion. Peterborough are good going forward but very poor in defence and we sat back asking for trouble, stupid.

I agee they were not great on the day. But read my second post in this thread.

We should have buried them but they scored a fluke last minute equaliser. I thought we played really well today, just didn't get the elusive 2nd. Feel more positive than after the S****horpe game.

SSssshhhhhhhhhhhh. You cant say that on here. :sofa:

Peterborough trully were awful. We should have wiped the floor with them with the players we had out there today. Substitiutions came too late, tactics in general were wrong (how many times did they come through the middle of the park) and I'm bitterly dissapointed that we couldn't beat such a poor side.

Roll on tuesday - get it sorted.

We should have buried them but they scored a fluke last minute equaliser. I thought we played really well today, just didn't get the elusive 2nd. Feel more positive than after the S****horpe game.

I'm glad that you feel so 'Positive' about droppng 2 points........ Makes ya feel good don't it?

Even if we played brill :(

We lacked any kind of width what so ever...again! If we totalled up clear cut chances for both teams, Peterborough would have took all 3 points today!

4 centre midfielders is not good enough!! Its to narrow and to negative. We play some great one touch, triangular passing...but when it comes to pushing forward and getting some decent service into the box...we have nothing!

Why would you. Against S****horpe we also dominated and they scored a freak last minute goal? I don't feel positive at all. This football they are serving up is dire, with no ambitition to score the second goal, and just play for time from about 60 minutes on. Crowds are down into the 13,000s and I happen to know there were 11, 200 actually in the ground today. And this for a side on the brink of the play offs.

I'm glad that you feel so 'Positive' about droppng 2 points........ Makes ya feel good don't it?

Even if we played brill :(

Two points DROPPED for sure.

But there were some positives believe it or not. Nout wrong with picking them out.

I can understand sitting on a 1-0 lead against a top side but there is absolutely no excuse for doing it against opposition like Peterborough. I am sick and tired of watching us capitulate when we have a really good squad of players who are good enough to be fighting for promotion. The way we defend when we have a lead in the last five minutes of games is like a relegation team who havent won for about two months.

Johnson and Millen need to pull their finger out and stop being so negative in their tactics or they will lose support from the home crowd. We are trying to play good passing football but cant because we are too narrow. Why is it that 13,000 people can see it week in week out but the manager cant???

I am one of Johnsons biggest fans and have rarely criticised him before but this is getting ridiculous.

I reckon without our high number of season ticket holders, we'd be getting crowds nearer to 10,000. As one of callers mentioned on Radio Bristol, we're not exactly getting value for money, are we?

Peterborough should have won. They had more opportunities than us and if it wasn't for Gerken in the first half we would have been in trouble! They broke more quickly than us and were more fluid in their attack. Apart from Maynards miss on 4 minutes we were totally ineffective.

We were also negative and the 4 man midfield that we played again today doesn't gel because we are playing people out of position. Substitutions should have been made earlier as well and I would have liked to have seen pace in the gane with both Haynes and Sproule brought on earlier and Hartley in midfield to orchestrate things.

This formation and tactics in not going to win us games. I would like to see the midfield more like this

Skuse - sat in front of the back 4

Elliott Hartley Sno

With Maynard, Haynes and one other up front of either Big John Akinde or Clarkson, But NOT ALVARO.

Lee Johnson had a very good game today, but I would like to see Elliott and Sno in central midfeild offering, power and presence with Hartley being a moving play maker.

if we could defend for 90mins not the 89mins we've been doing at home and at preston i think we would be second. i know we defended amazingly well at n'castle before anyone says owt. but in thei division we've got to be consistant to get anywhere. playing 4 central midfielders is apalling especially at home against 2nd bottom side, i can't believe a team in the championship has no wide players in the team it's asking for trouble, if p'boro could hit a barn door today they would've ran out easy winners tbh.

Peterborough should have won. They had more opportunities than us and if it wasn't for Gerken in the first half we would have been in trouble! They broke more quickly than us and were more fluid in their attack. Apart from Maynards miss on 4 minutes we were totally ineffective.

We were also negative and the 4 man midfield that we played again today doesn't gel because we are playing people out of position. Substitutions should have been made earlier as well and I would have liked to have seen pace in the gane with both Haynes and Sproule brought on earlier and Hartley in midfield to orchestrate things.

This formation and tactics in not going to win us games. I would like to see the midfield more like this

Skuse - sat in front of the back 4

Elliott Hartley Sno

With Maynard, Haynes and one other up front of either Big John Akinde or Clarkson, But NOT ALVARO.

Lee Johnson had a very good game today, but I would like to see Elliott and Sno in central midfeild offering, power and presence with Hartley being a moving play maker.

Whatever formation we play Evander Sno should clearly be playing central midfield. I dont understand why Gary thinks he is good as an attacking midfield/striker when he has scored 2 goals in his professional career. He is good at winning in the ball in the middle and spraying passes around the pitch, not being a winger/right striker!

Peterborough earned their place in this league. They have as much right to be in it as us. I share your frustration but dont be so disrespectful.

BCFC is harly Man U.

It's not disrespectful to call a team who were crap crap.

At 1-0 they were very much there for the taking and the outcome was so predictable I said "last minute equaliser" at half time. Good teams kill off games when they have the upper hand against weaker opposition, and we just don't look capable of killing off these sides.

Agreed. Peterborough were there for the taking, and we sat back and let them into the game and we only have ourselves to blame. It is also a joke that despite signing players such as Hartley and Sno, they are not being played together in the centre of midfield where they both should be.

Hartley played centre mid for Scotland three weeks ago against Holland but Lee Johnson starts ahead of him. Evander Sno gets Man of the Match at home to AC Milan in the Champions League for Celtic in central midfield and plays on the right, which he clearly doesn't enjoy.

We are narrow, negative and boring to watch. Even if we'd won today I wouldn't harbour any real hopes of promotion because the way we play, mid-table mediocrity beckons, which would be underperforming with our squad and huge wage bill.

Must do better City, and Johnson has to admit he's wrong and PLAY WITH SOME WIDTH!

BCFC is harly Man U.

We have a better team that Peterborough, are 14 places ahead of them in the league and at home where we have won four out of five. Any non-win today would be points dropped as they are the kind of team we need to beat to get vital points in this league. Also, apart from pace on the counter and George Boyd, who had a good game, they had no attacking threat and looked shaky in defence, not that we tried to exploit that of course.

We should have been 2-1 down at the time they got a flukey last minute goal, it was only two fantastic stops that meant they were chasing the game not us.

Those were better chances than any we created.

So you think that Peterborough are a better side than us then? League table would show otherwise. You dont think that it was our poor tactics, team selection and performance that led to the game panning out the way it did?

So you think that Peterborough are a better side than us then? League table would show otherwise. You dont think that it was our poor tactics, team selection and performance that led to the game panning out the way it did?

Our shit selection and tactics made a mediocre Posh side better than us. Individually our players should be far better but today we were lucky to get a draw and the blame lies square with GJ.

Our shit selection and tactics made a mediocre Posh side better than us. Individually our players should be far better but today we were lucky to get a draw and the blame lies square with GJ.

Spot on. How many people can HONESTLY say that they enjoyed the football on offer today? I've been told by Economou before not to bother coming down if I don't like the football and I have to admit that I am following his advice on Tuesday because I am simply not enjoying what I am watching. I just cannot be ar$ed to make the effort to watch the football that we have served up against Palace, S****horpe and Posh. Peterbrough could and should have won the game and we played without urgency, width and flair. The match was tedious and boring to watch from my perspective and when the Posh deservedly equalised I just laughed - mainly because I was past giving a $h1t. The tactics are poor, the lack of width is appalling and the quality is non-existent.

The attendances are getting lower and lower by the match and entertainment is playing a massive part in that. I couldn't give a $h1t if people think I am a poor supporter for not going - I was going to places like Barnsley and Sheffield Utd last season along with only 650 others and I have just reached a point where I do not want to watch any more football that is absolutely f00k1ng dire.

But at least Bradley Orr works hard for his £6K or whatever he's on per week - well done Bradley - there are people putting in a lot more hours than you ever will for between £10 and £50K per year pal. In fact I will be starting 5 hours unpaid overtime myself in a few minutes so forgive me the lack of sympathy over the shocking football on offer today that he played a large part in. I like the guy as a player but don't give it the poor hard done by for ****$ sake!!

Archived