IGNORED

An Apology To Christian Roberts

For many months i have seen Roberts as clumsy and down right stupid.

he came from Exeter and had a decent first season and this season he was looking like he would never get a new contract.

He was played on the right-he would play well for a couple of games and then be awful!

However since the return of Murray and Chrsitians move to back upfront where he belongs he has been outstanding and in my opnion fully deserves his call up for Wales.

He looks like a player who wants to play for the club and one who is determined to win promotion.

Despite my views on Roberts i have always maintained that if he lives up to his potential he will play in the premeirship.

Anyway the jist of this psot is to say "Sorry CHristian" for doubting you :dunno:

He has played pretty well recently, and although he looks a little lazy I can't fault him for actual effort. I have always said that he has some great advantages to use, he is TWO footed (a rarity) and pretty quick.

Where I think he has improved a lot is in the runs he makes, where he used to get in the way he now makes himself available for man with the ball more often. On Saturday he did something I hadn't seen from him before, as Mickey was breaking into the area with the ball, he made a run to take a defender away. That shows he is learning.

He still needs to improve on his decision making and learn that finishing is not all about power over accuracy and keep his cool at times, but if he works as hard in training as he does on the pitch, he may yet surprise some of us.

Sorry if that sounds like a school report. :dunno: :Costumed89: :Costumed89: :Costumed89:

I have said all along that Roberts in my eyes has the potential to be top draw!

All season long he has been treated badly by certain fans when he was being played out of position and in a team that expected so much of him on the right in place of Murray!

I think that Roberts is now starting to feel settled at the Gate and over the last few weeks he has started to look much more settled and relaxed.

I was especially pleased with his reaction to our late winner against Plymouth after he had just been substituted! Peacock scored and the bloke went mental...!

I think he is starting to feel he is like he is being recieved by the fans...! And that has given him a boost..!

In his last 8 matches up front he has scored 4 goals thats a goal every 2 games which is a very tidy record just think 44 games up front could have meant 22 goals.... we will never know..!

I said before Saturdays game if we were to have went up Saturday I wanted Roberts to have got the goal that made that happen and for a while it wa son the cards... I now want him to score the winning goal at the Millenium stadium in his home town thats gets us to div one..!

Come on Robbo keep proving these peopel wrong.

• Admin

In his last 8 matches up front he has scored 4 goals thats a goal every 2 games which is a very tidy record just think 44 games up front could have meant 22 goals.... we will never know..!

It's even better than that actually. He was restored to his preferred position after our defeat at Port Vale and in the remaining 7 games, bagged 5 goals. If he were to play your suggested 44 games at that strike rate he'd pick up 31 goals! :dunno:

Guest pentlandsl

I am one of the people who hasn't rated Roberts highly. He seems to drift off into a world of his own too often - often reacting like a startled rabbit when the ball is passed to him or when the ball is there for him to chase. His finishing over the whole season has been very suspect too - although it has improved lately.

If he could only concentrate for the whole match then he would be a great asset for the club - as he has proved over the last 5-6 matches. Maybe DW should check whether he has a micro radio in his ear tuned to Radio Cardiff before each game?

He will always be more of a Bluebird than a Robin but if he gets his concentration and finishing right I will be the first to call for him to be given a new contract.

Congratulations to him for the Wales call-up - this can only make him a better player to the advantage of Bristol City.

If he could only concentrate for the whole match then he would be a great asset for the club -

I wonder if he has a stamina problem, could also be one reason why he gets subbed off.

He never tracked back as a winger and always trudges back onside when an attack has broken down, to conserve his energy.

But for sure these last few games have been a revelation, fingers crossed he keeps it up and improves his all round game further.

His headed goal against Blackpool was sublime.

Archived