IGNORED

Lets All Get Real

Red Rag

Reading this forum at times takes my breath away.

12 games gone 2 points off 3rd spot and still people moan.

Brad so pissed off with abuse he got after the game he needs

to ring Radio Bristol to put his point over. Prior to posting

or ringing the radio I would ask people take a breath

and look at what we have going for us. In the words

of those wise scouse telly characters CALM DOWN CALM DOWN

and yet he, like the rest of the squad earn probably at least two times what most of us make in a year. People pay to come and see football brad. People who have to make the decision between taking themselves and the kids to the football or using the money to pay the bills. Get real Brad people like us have a right to moan if we pay £35 each and watch the side we love be so inept that they cant finish off a shit side. Rant over.

Peoples frustration at the moment is not about results, it is about performance. Most people believe that we are fortunate to even be in the position that we are in due to Gerken saving us almost every game. Surely Brad must realise we are playing shit football at the moment. No one questions the players commitment, we question the negative tactics we have to watch every week.

I hope that I am wrong and that Gary has it right but I think we are going to have to change the way we play if we genuinely want to be in the playoffs.

No, it's not that bad and if were a sh!te team we'd be over the moon.

The fact of the matter is, it should be better. That's not being disrespectful to the opposition or arrogant in anyway, but the fact of the matter is that this squad is capable of much more and i get the feeling we are only an extra 5%-10% away from getting there.

I don't feel anger or resentment to the management/squad, just unbelievable frustration!

No it is not that bad.

We have a squad containing some of the best players I've ever seen at the club and probably the best manager. However at the moment he is barking up the wrong tree with his tactics. The only concern I do have is that he is so sure of himself that we now can't go to plan B and play with wingers as he spent the summer making sure we don't have any.

Hopefully the narrow 4-4-2 goes into the bin after today and we can get through to January with 3-5-2 without a plan B. We then need to sign at least a couple of genuine wide midfielders.

Peoples frustration at the moment is not about results, it is about performance. Most people believe that we are fortunate to even be in the position that we are in due to Gerken saving us almost every game. Surely Brad must realise we are playing shit football at the moment. No one questions the players commitment, we question the negative tactics we have to watch every week.

I hope that I am wrong and that Gary has it right but I think we are going to have to change the way we play if we genuinely want to be in the playoffs.

I agree .....5 goals conceded in last 10 mins in first 12 league games this season...?

A tadge depressing !

Another home draw today was depressing, but people are losing perspective. We're not doing that badly. Blimey, if we were in Ipswich's position I could understand some complaining. Sometimes I think the worst thing GJ ever did was get us to that paly-off final.

How many people back in the old League 1 days, would have been unhappy with our current postion? We're a decent team, who won't go down. I'm not a fan of the current tactics, but really there isn't that much to complain about.

no its not all that bad at all, yet we have Mr Gow who didnt even attend the game starting threads wanting Johnson out, its a disgrace when people on here are going to drive the best manager we have had at this club for years out

Just get off my back, i speak the truth from my knowledge of the game and many many ppl are of the same opinion as me.

To say things are not that bad is utter madness.

Yes things really are that bad and if GJ turns this dross around i will make a public apology, i hope i have to eat an awfull lot of humble pie.

But at the moment i cant see this improving very quickly

Another home draw today was depressing, but people are losing perspective. We're not doing that badly. Blimey, if we were in Ipswich's position I could understand some complaining. Sometimes I think the worst thing GJ ever did was get us to that paly-off final.

How many people back in the old League 1 days, would have been unhappy with our current postion? We're a decent team, who won't go down. I'm not a fan of the current tactics, but really there isn't that much to complain about.

Most of us are complaining at the current tactics and NOT the league position or the points total or the fact that we are unlikely to be relegated. We would simply like to achieve our current status AND play a bit of nice football along the way. Is it really IMPOSSIBLE to do both?

Just get off my back, i speak the truth from my knowledge of the game and many many ppl are of the same opinion as me.

To say things are not that bad is utter madness.

Yes things really are that bad and if GJ turns this dross around i will make a public apology, i hope i have to eat an awfull lot of humble pie.

But at the moment i cant see this improving very quickly

You quote "Yes things really are that bad" I say again 8th 2 pts off 3rd spot

thats really bad is it? My initial point was that people are too quick to moan,

you seem to be a clasic example. Get behind the team, it has more potential now

than at any time since our last visit to the promiced land with Mr Merrick and co

all those years ago. If you cant get any enjoyment from support, try a sandwich

board with the words THE WORLD IS DOOMED written on it. That may cheer you up.

No it is not that bad.

We have a squad containing some of the best players I've ever seen at the club and probably the best manager. However at the moment he is barking up the wrong tree with his tactics. The only concern I do have is that he is so sure of himself that we now can't go to plan B and play with wingers as he spent the summer making sure we don't have any.

Hopefully the narrow 4-4-2 goes into the bin after today and we can get through to January with 3-5-2 without a plan B. We then need to sign at least a couple of genuine wide midfielders.

in a nutshell!!!!

we are where we are inspite of our tactics not because of them. this narrow farce is holding us back. i really dont know where GJ is going with this. In the first half today a few decent crosses went in and there were no midfielders at all bursting into the area. some of the time only one of our strikers were there. and all that dispite the paper talk of going for goals. we have a good squad (bar the obvious lack of a left winger) but its being very poorly utilised at present IMO.

Archived