IGNORED

Let The Grass Grow

42nite

I think I am right in thinking that while at Cambride with Jon Beck, GJ ordered the groundsman to let the grass grow longer out in the corners. In the winter they dressed the surface with sand.

They had flying wingers and the longer grass/sand meant they could hit long balls over the top for their wingers to chase onto but the long grass or sand would hold the ball up for them.

Perhaps we could try the same - sorry, I forgo, you need wingers in the team for that to work!

Simple, let the grass grow down the wings, then any team that dares to come to Ashton Gate and compete against us with open attacking play using wingers will have to think again.

Then in the week we can gain extra revenue by letting cows graze on it.

Why not let the cows graze on it when we play, extra revenue and still crap football :surrender:

Why dont we narrow the pitch........ take it in about 25 yards each way.... no one uses that bit anyway :rolleyes:

Or just take it in 30yards on the left hand side. GJ will have to find a new role for McAllister but I'm sure he's thought always that McAllister out on the left does provide an imbalance to the side.

Archived