IGNORED

The Delightful Martin Allen

Martyn Hocking

I kinda like Cheltenham, everytime we go for a pre season friendly everyone from the club wishes you well, from the stewards to the man on the PA. Shame they've been dragged into such a bad story. Maybe it's for the best.. .John Ward to return?

Martin Allen is heading for the door marked exit at Cheltenham after a night out went badly wrong:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...ub-bouncer.html

Well_red

I knew one of the youth coaches there and he said Allen is an absolute cock.

You know what though? - I bet when (hopefully) he's sacked he'll get a job as a lower league pundit on sky.

'Cause he's a character ain't he and the game needs those....

In no way shape or form excusing racism, but I've been to this club and the bouncers are absolutely shocking. Place is overrun by "guest list" (members and hangers on) while joe public queues for about two hours and is generally ignored. That's not to say it's the bouncers fault but they really don't handle it very well and anyone queueing honestly needs a very good temperament.

No idea if it played any part in Martin Allen's behaviour, he's always been as mad as a bag of chips. Good club however (Thirteen Degrees that is, not Cheltenham Town).

Good, Martin Allen can do one. I can't stand these people who always claim to be characters when they're just annoying. Neil Warnock probably thinks he's a character.

Martin Allen in self-righteous big mouth incident a few years ago. How times change.

'Offensive' flag row played down

The chief executive of Oldham Athletic has played down controversy over a flag held by fans at Saturday's FA Cup game.

Brentford FC manager Martin Allen complained black players were offended by the banner "Born in England, Live in England, Die in England".

An Oldham spokesman said fans would be banned from taking the flag to next week's replay at Griffin Park.

Chief executive Alan Hardy said many people would not see the flag as racist, but the club would investigate.

The flag was first unfurled by Oldham fans when the clubs met at Griffin Park on 19 November and was taken down by stewards at half time after complaints by Brentford fans.

Planned meeting

Mr Hardy said: "We were surprised to hear complaints about it. It's just a patriotic flag.

"A lot of people cannot see how it is racist but if it does offend people, then we have to look into it."

Hardy also denied reports the flag had been banned from future Boundary Park matches, but said the club planned to meet the owners.

The Brentford manager said he was repeating the claims of his players in making the complaint about the flag.

"I would always stick up for my players," said Mr Allen.

"I mentioned it to the chairman and the chief executive in the boardroom, and they said they would have a look at it."

Saturday's match finished in a 1-1 draw.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/4496928.stm

Of course racial abuse is not acceptable and if found guilty then I hope MA recieves an appropriate punishment.

I couldn't help but chuckle at this bit though:

Four months ago he was barred from The Salisbury after allegedly dancing with his shirt off before dropping his trousers and moving towards the dancefloor in front of shocked drinkers at the pub.

As always in this country with racism...

Presumbed guilty before the facts are heard.

funny i thought it was meant to be opposite to this in a free country.

The thing is, if he was innocent, he would have surely given his side of the story by now...

his silence and the fact his club have put him on gardening leave suggest he is "guilty"

The thing is, if he was innocent, he would have surely given his side of the story by now...

his silence and the fact his club have put him on gardening leave suggest he is "guilty"

He has come out and said he did not do it, now i am not saying he didn't but lets get some facts before we all start lambasting the bloke.

Even murderers are presumbed innocent by most people before the evidence is heard, it just seems to me that with the racism issue in this country the perpetrator is guilty first.

He has come out and said he did not do it, now i am not saying he didn't but lets get some facts before we all start lambasting the bloke.

Even murderers are presumbed innocent by most people before the evidence is heard, it just seems to me that with the racism issue in this country the perpetrator is guilty first.

Iz it coz I iz coffee-coloured?? :winner_third_h4h:

Kind of fell sorry for Allen. No complaints from anyone involved but because of publicity the Police sanctioned an investigation. He strongly denies it and now faces his career in tatters.

MM

Well he certainly has my sympathy IF he is innocent....

As others have said we need to be careful and it would seem that the Cheltenham Town players are supporting Allen and saying he is simply not racist (or at least never has been in front of them). It is very easy to jump on the bandwagon but just as there are nasty racist white people there are also nasty people of all colours, shapes and sizes who vindictively wave the race card at someone in order to ruin their reputation. Neither type of person is better than the other - they are both lacking in basic intelligence and understanding.

If Allen is guilty then by all means throw the book at him. But in the meantime it is not for us to judge him guilty on the basis that he would have "surely given his side of the story by now" and because he is on gardening leave. PS - I am aware of your comment above and I am not having a pop at you personally.

As others have said we need to be careful and it would seem that the Cheltenham Town players are supporting Allen and saying he is simply not racist (or at least never has been in front of them). It is very easy to jump on the bandwagon but just as there are nasty racist white people there are also nasty people of all colours, shapes and sizes who vindictively wave the race card at someone in order to ruin their reputation. Neither type of person is better than the other - they are both lacking in basic intelligence and understanding.

If Allen is guilty then by all means throw the book at him. But in the meantime it is not for us to judge him guilty on the basis that he would have "surely given his side of the story by now" and because he is on gardening leave. PS - I am aware of your comment above and I am not having a pop at you personally.

When I posted I was unaware that Martin Allen had made a denial - therefore I'll sit on the fence as to whether he made racist comments

When I posted I was unaware that Martin Allen had made a denial - therefore I'll sit on the fence as to whether he made racist comments

As reprehensible as racism is from anyone, regardless of their colour or country of origin, I just think it muddies the waters.

Is this **** denying that he marched to the front of a queue, got arsey when denied entry and then offered the doorman out?

Coupled with getting pissed and walking round a pub with his trousers down a short while ago.

I have done considerably worse, but i'm not a public figure - like he is.

He should be sacked for behaving like the proverbial lager lout as it gives the club a bad image.

If they remain mindful of the racism aspect, but focus on his non verbal behaviour as a given, then hopefully they will sack the man anyway.

As for his players - if they are asked, they are hardly going to make anything other than supportive statements whilst there's a chance he will be back soon..

Archived