IGNORED

Sky Soccer Special

luke_bristol

Utter, utter dogshit. My ropey internet connection rarely works with Player, and when it does Player is tonk or not working, so I thought I'd watch the Sky Soccer Special with SUPER DUPER COVERAGE OF ALL THE GAMES THAT MATTER IN THE SAWKER WORLD.

Unfortunate for me then that we don't matter a ha'penny shit - plenty of updates from Liverpool vs Lyon (fair enough even though it is on the next channel, and many of the updates were along the lines of Rafa has taken off his jacket/'Little Sam' is being a red-faced cock again for some reason) but there was blanket coverage of every happening and incident in the big clash between Accrington Stanley and Shrewsbury in the Paint Pot Trophy (Northern Section).

The script was the same within the coverage of the Championship (understandably muted compared to the Champions League), with regular updates of the Newcastle/Boro/Ipswich games (with updates from real human beings), Blackpool/Sheffield United were 0-0 for the first hour and still getting updates every 2 or 3 minutes from that Sloth thing.

Even when S****horpe scored against Newcastle all they talked about was the effect it could have on Newcastle and their position in the league and on their season. I guess Scunny don't matter then.

I don't expect it to be the Bristol City show, I can even accept more coverage of the bigger clubs and games with goals and plenty of incidents, but we can at least be mentioned in the same breath as the Newcastles and the Middlesbroughs (and Roy Keane's Ipswich...), we are in the same league as them on merit - and they've given us 4 points this year :)

73 minutes it took to get an update from Ashton Gate and thereafter for every goal, bar the cursory score update at half-time. We still got less updates in our entire game (which had more goals) than Blackpool vs Sheffield United got in the first 20 minutes of theirs.

The only highlights for me were the result for us (I have no idea how we played of course...), Dean Windass' jacket, and Phil Thompsons face when Lyon scored, it looked like John Prescotts arse.

Now I feel better ;)

p.s.

Host: "Let's see how Newcastle have responded to going a goal down"

Alan Walsh: "Well they're trying to get an equaliser"

No sh*t fella...

Archived