IGNORED

Twentypence Phone-in Moaners

myol'man

you fickle phukers !

Ive never phoned in to Radio Bristol but maybe there were no moaners because there was nothing to moan about?

Previous 6 games - Crap personnel, crap formation, boring football = criticism received and justified.

Tonight - Weak link omitted, positive football = praise due and given.

you fickle phukers !

They had no right to moan after the posh shambles?

To answer your question, i would imagine most of Saturdays moaners are thanking GJ for having the balls to change it all about tonight.

Most of these so called moaners had the football brains to realise Lee being in the middle instead of Hartley was total madness and Sno out wide instead of in his natural position was also utter madness.

Once again i would say GJ had the balls to change it, and guess what, we only went and bloody won the match and created chances.

Seems the moaners aint that stupid are they?

you fickle phukers !

Always makes me laugh when people think we've played well because of a win.

I would say we played better Saturday than we did tonight (apart from 6 min).

The thing that's worrying me at the min is we don't seem to be able to play as a team and open the other team up. Over the last 2 games if you rate each players performance, I would say more players had good games than poor. But as a team we haven't performed in either game.

This is the best squad we have had for some time (minus a couple of wingers). Johnson just has to find a way of getting them to play.

:fingerscrossed:

The thing that's worrying me at the min is we don't seem to be able to play as a team and open the other team up. Over the last 2 games if you rate each players performance, I would say more players had good games than poor. But as a team we haven't performed in either game.

This is the best squad we have had for some time (minus a couple of wingers). Johnson just has to find a way of getting them to play.

If GJ kept a settled team (barring injuries) and the players played in a formation that they were clearly happy with, then we would see a settled team.

As for the moaners, they pay the same money to watch!

Yep I agree with this.

Lets be fair, first 70 minutes last night was quite painful to watch again! No width at all! All Plymouth did was flood the middle of the park and City were trying to pass through a brick wall! We are a good passing team, but Barcelona we are not! As soon as Williams (some one who can drive forward with the ball) and Sproule ( a winger! I forgot what one of those looks like), came on, it changed the game. We were getting the ball out wide, it was stretching the game and it was opening Plymouth up. We actually looked dangerous going forward!!

Crdit where credits due though, 3 good goals, and a great reaction to their quick equaliser! All in all, a good night

:noexpression:

..........What!? You're kidding right?! Either you missed one of these games or you slept through it. Either that or you have no idea what you're talking about!

We created far more chances tonight, the oppsotion created far fewer and we scored three - count 'em - 3 goals.

It wasn't just the six minutes in which we scored, it was the fact that last night, even though we played three different formations, we looked a lot more comfortable, we had a much better shape, people knew where they were supposed to be playing and key players were involved in the action a lot more.

Maynard looked sharper, Orr and McAllister looked stung by the criticism and their performances had much improved, Nyatanga was completely solid, Gerken pretty much untroubled except when McCombe was involved, Hartley took control from the centre - something we've been missing, Haynes ran for everything and was desperate to please, Skuse was inspired again and has looked like a new player this season and Sno's performance was much improved from Saturday. He was involved much and created a number of chances, his passing superb, although he still holds onto the ball far too long. I thought Williams looked interested when he came on as well and he started at least one of the goals.

I couldn't have said any of that about Saturday's game.

Ive never phoned in to Radio Bristol but maybe there were no moaners because there was nothing to moan about?

Previous 6 games - Crap personnel, crap formation, boring football = criticism received and justified.

Tonight - Weak link omitted, positive football = praise due and given.

Previous six games?

Blackpool and Newcastle included? :noexpression:

..........What!? You're kidding right?! Either you missed one of these games or you slept through it. Either that or you have no idea what you're talking about!

We created far more chances tonight, the oppsotion created far fewer and we scored three - count 'em - 3 goals.

It wasn't just the six minutes in which we scored, it was the fact that last night, even though we played three different formations, we looked a lot more comfortable, we had a much better shape, people knew where they were supposed to be playing and key players were involved in the action a lot more.

Maynard looked sharper, Orr and McAllister looked stung by the criticism and their performances had much improved, Nyatanga was completely solid, Gerken pretty much untroubled except when McCombe was involved, Hartley took control from the centre - something we've been missing, Haynes ran for everything and was desperate to please, Skuse was inspired again and has looked like a new player this season and Sno's performance was much improved from Saturday. He was involved much and created a number of chances, his passing superb, although he still holds onto the ball far too long. I thought Williams looked interested when he came on as well and he started at least one of the goals.

I couldn't have said any of that about Saturday's game.

City Peterborough

Possession 54% 46%

Shots on target 10 7

Shots off target 2 10

City Plymouth

Possession 49% 51%

Shots on target 9 7

Shots off target 7 5

I wouldn't say one less shot on target and 5 more off target counts as 'far more chances'

Previous six games?

Blackpool and Newcastle included? :noexpression:

Did you go to Newcastle? We were completely overrun in central midfield, as I predicted. As we were at Swansea and Derby.

LJ played well against Blackpool. It was one game out of 6 with LJ in central midfield where our form was relegation material. Thats why it had to change last night, though I was nevertheless surprised GJ did change. Dont pick out one game. Look at all our results and performances this season, with and without LJ.

City Peterborough

Possession 54% 46%

Shots on target 10 7

Shots off target 2 10

City Plymouth

Possession 49% 51%

Shots on target 9 7

Shots off target 7 5

I wouldn't say one less shot on target and 5 more off target counts as 'far more chances'

"There are three kinds of lies: Lies - Damn Lies - and Statistics." Benjamin Disraeli, British Prime Minister.

"88.2% of statistics are made up." Vic Reeves, comedian.

Sometimes numbers don't tell the whole story.

Sno's performance was much improved from Saturday. He was involved much and created a number of chances, his passing superb, although he still holds onto the ball far too long. I thought Williams looked interested when he came on as well and he started at least one of the goals.

Well you got the Williams bit right, Sno being out there is only having the effect of slowing all our football down.

As i said in a post yesterday, i am yet to be convinced Sno is this great player a lot on here rave about. Over hyped is how i feel about him at the mo.

Williams offers so much more and showed it last night.

Was nice to get 3 goals last night and for 20 mins we were good, the only other thing that really bemused me was how the hell Carey didnt start.I can only think that Johnson must have thought Fallon was starting for Plynouth and thats why MCcombe started!

Well you got the Williams bit right, Sno being out there is only having the effect of slowing all our football down.

As i said in a post yesterday, i am yet to be convinced Sno is this great player a lot on here rave about. Over hyped is how i feel about him at the mo.

Williams offers so much more and showed it last night.

Was nice to get 3 goals last night and for 20 mins we were good, the only other thing that really bemused me was how the hell Carey didnt start.I can only think that Johnson must have thought Fallon was starting for Plynouth and thats why MCcombe started!

I do agree Sno's slowing us down at times when we need to keep the pace up; although he can link play very well and his control and passing is, on occasions, superb. You obviously haven't seen enough of him.

I believe the Fallon factor was part of Johnson's decision, however apparently it was also because of Carey's knee and the number of games he has/will have played. So you were half-right. (See, I can be patronising just like you! :innocent06: )

I do agree Sno's slowing us down at times when we need to keep the pace up; although he can link play very well and his control and passing is, on occasions, superb. You obviously haven't seen enough of him.

Ive seen about as much of him as everyone else except for a couple of away games.I just feel that his style of doing everything standing still isnt helping us.The number of times he lost the ball last night and saturday just doesnt help us when we are going forward.

I would have 3 from Hartley,Williams,Elliot and Skuse and then play Sproule(yes Sproule!!) as a winger at home.

But hey, we all have our opinions, time will tell if Sno does the business for us.

Ive seen about as much of him as everyone else except for a couple of away games.I just feel that his style of doing everything standing still isnt helping us.The number of times he lost the ball last night and saturday just doesnt help us when we are going forward.

I would have 3 from Hartley,Williams,Elliot and Skuse and then play Sproule(yes Sproule!!) as a winger at home.

But hey, we all have our opinions, time will tell if Sno does the business for us.

Exactly, and I think we all have to remember that not players settle in straight away. We see it again and again, players are people, too. Nobody, well hardly anybody, settles straight into their new job and is brilliant immediately. We all take time to adjust to the individuals and systems around us. It's the same for Saborio; both have come from different cultures, playing a different type of football with different people and they have to get used to fitting in with, for example, where Nick Maynard will make runs or where Cole Skuse likes the ball to be played. Maybe Sno's 'standing still' style would be better suited to sitting in front of the back three/four as Hartley did last night, breaking up the play and then spraying the passes about. Those seem to be his strengths.

Archived