IGNORED

20,000+ At Ag?

Bris Red

Im shore this has been asked before but The last time we ever got 20,000+ at AG was against the sags in 1996.. I was just wondering why we havnt ever got over 20,000 since considering AG officialy has 21,497 seats. Shorerly against Rotherham for example we coud have got 20,000+? Im baffled that we got 19,500 for that game meaning there must have been 1,500 spare seats.. Were the hell were they?!

Has anyone got a logical explanation?

Im shore this has been asked before but The last time we ever got 20,000+ at AG was against the sags in 1996.. I was just wondering why we havnt ever got over 20,000 since considering AG officialy has 21,497 seats. Shorerly against Rotherham for example we coud have got 20,000+? Im baffled that we got 19,500 for that game meaning there must have been 1,500 spare seats.. Were the hell were they?!

Segregation!? :S

Community stand empty!? :S

No idea tbh.

Especially Palace in play-offs i would have though would be full.

19500 is the maximum capacity after segregation etc - really annoying.

Why is it in the prem, they can have a line of stewards for segregation, instead of thousands of seats?

As much as I'd like it if City fans could be trusted with a line of police, I don't think we could be. There are lots that still go that wouldn't shy away from trouble, and were we to have just a line of police, this lot would sadly return to those areas where they could get at the away fans.

19500 is the maximum capacity after segregation etc - really annoying.

Why is it in the prem, they can have a line of stewards for segregation, instead of thousands of seats?

In fairness to city, I would say it is due to events like Tuesday, where a good 300+ fans in the EE charged towards the plymouth fans and pushed the stewards back a fair bit (for all 3 city goals). If it was just one line of police between the fans and no space between them, they would have got at each other. would have made it interesting though!

Or they wouldnt do it as there isnt the lines of netting, stewards and police.

Exactly, only reason people get brave is beacause of the huge distance between the fans, would be a different story if they were closer.

If other clubs can have only a small segregation so can we.

As much as I'd like it if City fans could be trusted with a line of police, I don't think we could be. There are lots that still go that wouldn't shy away from trouble, and were we to have just a line of police, this lot would sadly return to those areas where they could get at the away fans.

Yet they can have a line of police at spurs/arsenal, Man Utd/Man City, Rangers/Celtic etc,etc,etc

Pretty sure we got 20,000+ for the home game against Watford in the 97/98 season. Would love it if someone could check, would be really sad of me to get that right.

Archived