IGNORED

Paulton Rovers Vs. Norwich At Ashton Gate?

headhunter

Ashton Gate is free that weekend and assuming it was played on Sunday as a televised game those going to Forest would be able to see it as well.

How many City fans would go down and cheer on this village team against a side that were in Europe 20 years ago. I know I would.

For Health & Safety reasons Paulton might not be able to stage it at their own ground.

I suppose the alternative for a ground switch is Carrow Road where they would get 40% of a 24,000 gate.

I reckon at Ashton Gate they could get 6,000 and at least it would still sort of be like a home game for them.

Good idea...would you attend?

I was thinking the self same thing when the draw was made.

AG makes sense and it would boost their take on the fixture. The guy on SSN from Paulton, (I think it was club sec) said they hardly make any money from spectators normally. The main income comes from the social club.

Playing at the Gate would probably set them up financially for some time.

I would be tempted to go if the pricing was reasonable.

Ashton Gate is free that weekend and assuming it was played on Sunday as a televised game those going to Forest would be able to see it as well.

How many City fans would go down and cheer on this village team against a side that were in Europe 20 years ago. I know I would.

For Health & Safety reasons Paulton might not be able to stage it at their own ground.

I suppose the alternative for a ground switch is Carrow Road where they would get 40% of a 24,000 gate.

I reckon at Ashton Gate they could get 6,000 and at least it would still sort of be like a home game for them.

Good idea...would you attend?

it wasnt even 20 years ago was it? sure it was more like 12/15....didnt they get hammered by Bayern Munich 5-0?

I really hope they dont switch it anywhere though, playing some where like Ashton Gate would really play into Norwich's hand and give Paulton little hope. A big wide pitch like that, against a decent Norwich side....Paultons lads wouldnt have the legs to last.

A packed home ground, a pitch their used to, and the fans really getting behind them...could make for an interesting tie

It's a village team playing on what is very much a village football pitch. There is absolutely no way that they could host a game against Norwich. Even if they were to ban any away support from attending (which I believe is against FA cup rules?) there would be no way it could happen.

Give them a day to remember at Ashton Gate I say.

Taken from TheFA.com.

The venue of each match (save for the Semi-Finals or Final which will be played at

venues selected by the Professional Game Board) will be that of the first named Club.

Subject to Competition Rules 9(a)(ii) and 9(a)(iii) such match shall be played on that

ground unless the consent of the Professional Game Board has been obtained to any

change of venue. In the case of a replay, subject to Competition Rules 9(a)(ii) and

9(a)(iii), the match shall be played on the ground of the second drawn Club, unless

the consent of the Professional Game Board has been obtained to any change of

venue.

Rules regarding the FA cup

• Admin
It's a village team playing on what is very much a village football pitch. There is absolutely no way that they could host a game against Norwich. Even if they were to ban any away support from attending (which I believe is against FA cup rules?) there would be no way it could happen.

Give them a day to remember at Ashton Gate I say.

But that is EXACTLY why they will host the game at their ground, if they can get the crowd up to 3500 that is enough for them.

Why would they want to move the game to AG8 ?, at the end of the day we would not let them have the ground for free, add in stewarding etc they would probably lose money !

Same problem happened with Havant a few years back, they actually lost money as they were enforced to switch their game.

Only issue will be if their is sufficient segregation, toilets and food outlets - the latter two can be temporarily installed, so see no reason at all why they would not play this game at their own ground - hopefully for them one of the TV companies will show the game, but no doubt someone will show the Oldham Vs Leeds tie so they can show Leeds on TV, but as long as more than one game can be shown - and would have thought Sky and BBC show live games from this round on that they must be a dead cert for the TV coverage.

Cant see why anyone would think why they would even consider using our ground, a large chunk of City fans will be at Forest that day, so apart from giving Norwich the chance to bring a larger following, it will never happen

But that is EXACTLY why they will host the game at their ground, if they can get the crowd up to 3500 that is enough for them.

Why would they want to move the game to AG8 ?, at the end of the day we would not let them have the ground for free, add in stewarding etc they would probably lose money !

Same problem happened with Havant a few years back, they actually lost money as they were enforced to switch their game.

Only issue will be if their is sufficient segregation, toilets and food outlets - the latter two can be temporarily installed, so see no reason at all why they would not play this game at their own ground - hopefully for them one of the TV companies will show the game, but no doubt someone will show the Oldham Vs Leeds tie so they can show Leeds on TV, but as long as more than one game can be shown - and would have thought Sky and BBC show live games from this round on that they must be a dead cert for the TV coverage.

Cant see why anyone would think why they would even consider using our ground, a large chunk of City fans will be at Forest that day, so apart from giving Norwich the chance to bring a larger following, it will never happen

To play in their current league, their ground has to meet certain standards, so whilst I have never been there, i'm sure its not a 'village pitch'

If they had to move, then Twerton would be a better option for them - it would hold as many as wanted to watch the game, and would be a whole lot cheaper to rent.

TV would be less interested if they didn't play it at their ground, as it takes away nearly any advantadge that Paulton might have.

Agree, its in the spirit of the FA Cup that Norwich should have a tricky tie visiting what would be a sub standard ground to what they are used to. Cant say i blame a lot of smaller clubs for cashing in on what is often a rare opportunity to have even made it this far.

Good luck to Paulton though.

Manager got in two plugs in for the club on BBC points west

quote I(the manager) said I was interviewed on talksport at 9:45pm on sunday night

then said hopefully we will be televised live on ITV

BBC won't let those comments go with out a fight

Ali Durdain said a meeting will take place on tuesday with police and FA as regards to venue and telly live coverage

If it is a live tie it should take place as a lunch time saturday kick off

as the other company(the now defunct SULTANA) had the sunday afternoon slot

Any money BBC Bristol cover the game with live commentary

I understand why a non-league club would want to increase their pay day for a fixture like this, but I still think that part of the magic of the FA Cup is a league club having to travel to a non-league ground. To take that away will take away a lot of my interest.

Maybe (and this is complete blue sky thinking, I'm not saying that it's possible) the gate receipts for all rounds should be put in a big pot and distributed evenly to all participating clubs in that round......?

I understand why a non-league club would want to increase their pay day for a fixture like this, but I still think that part of the magic of the FA Cup is a league club having to travel to a non-league ground. To take that away will take away a lot of my interest.

Maybe (and this is complete blue sky thinking, I'm not saying that it's possible) the gate receipts for all rounds should be put in a big pot and distributed evenly to all participating clubs in that round......?

Nice thought, but not sure it would be feesable. Imagine if say Rovers drew Millwall in the Cup, cost of hosting this match would be far far greater then Norwich v Paulton, what with policing costs etc. To take money off the Rovers when they would have bigger crowds, meaning more money...would bve unfair......

........actually.............good idea! take it off them I say! :innocent06:

Flappers younger brother plays for Paulton, he's also a keeper

Fair plays for them getting this far, and i agree who said keep it at their ground if they can. Cuz that really would be a special game, and re- live that sparkle in the cup that seems to be lost!!

We all know how we'd feel if a cup game against say Man-Yoo was moved to somewhere like the Millenium Stadium or Villa Park to fit in a bigger crowd... financially it might make sense but it would remove the magic of welcoming big name opponents into our stadium and creating a siege atmosphere for an upset.

Paulton rightfully want to keep the game in their stadium... the capacity is around 5k I believe.

It would be nice for it to be at AG and i would deffinetly go along, but i agree with SCR im sure Poulton would want the game at there place. Even thou AG isnt that far away what connection do Poulton rovers have with us? Ok it would obviously be nice for them to play at a big ground but im sure they are going into the game trying to get a result, playing at AG if anything would help Norwich...

We all know how we'd feel if a cup game against say Man-Yoo was moved to somewhere like the Millenium Stadium or Villa Park to fit in a bigger crowd... financially it might make sense but it would remove the magic of welcoming big name opponents into our stadium and creating a siege atmosphere for an upset.

Paulton rightfully want to keep the game in their stadium... the capacity is around 5k I believe.

5k? your joking right? Have you been to the ground?

I'd be surprised if Police say they can have 3k in there safely, behind one goal is a 6ft gap and then a wall. You could get away with having a row of people leaning on the pitch paremeter wall and a row behind them, but no more than that as noone would be able to walk past and would be very unsafe!

5k? your joking right? Have you been to the ground?

I'd be surprised if Police say they can have 3k in there safely, behind one goal is a 6ft gap and then a wall. You could get away with having a row of people leaning on the pitch paremeter wall and a row behind them, but no more than that as noone would be able to walk past and would be very unsafe!

Technically the capacity is 5k although you are correct in that health and safety issues would mean the capacity would be reduced to under 3k!

There getting 70k plus getting to stage the game at their ground. This has worked out for the best really.....

They have half a chance on their own ground, as norwich wont fancy playing at the that sort of ground and it will be intimidating for them....

and they dont lose out financially.... 70k is huge to them

Archived