IGNORED

Bristol City Player

Redbarn

I generally enjoy watching the Highlights on Player...however, the video's are totally spoilt by the totally inept dubbed commentarys, the voice is always too loud for the background sounds of the crowd and is also a bit void of emotion.

The video probably, originally would have carried a Yorkshire voice doing the live commentary.

If that is the case then I would rather listen to the highlights the way it was first recorded. :nono:

Anyone else agree with this?

Yes but Adam Baker etc are there, I know he's on Radio Bris but not inconcievable to imagine others going up to commentate. Also the way it's cut it sound slike it's done properly, for example when it goes from one clip to the next the audio clearly changes, this doesn't happen on the BBC highlights which clearly ae dubbed.

Bristol City fan in "finding fault with everything" shocker!

I've just had a watch of both the edited and extended highlights and I think the commentary is very good. No worse than anything you would expect to hear from a major TV station.

Judging by the radio commentary on Saturday the crowd was very subdued anyway, which is understandable as the home side lost and the away team didn't take too many supporters due to the distance.

The commentary is fine, the video quality however is very poor, especially for something I've seen advertised as 'near DVD quality'.

near to DVD quality you say? You mean like VHS!!! I concur though - quality is often grainy. Still worth every penny though.

• Admin
I generally enjoy watching the Highlights on Player...however, the video's are totally spoilt by the totally inept dubbed commentarys, the voice is always too loud for the background sounds of the crowd and is also a bit void of emotion.

The video probably, originally would have carried a Yorkshire voice doing the live commentary.

If that is the case then I would rather listen to the highlights the way it was first recorded. :nono:

Anyone else agree with this?

Redbarn, the normal highlights packages are indeed dubbed but the extended highlights are actually commentated on by a live BCFC supporter (who probably struggled to carry the awkwardly shaped sound equipment) at the stadium.

Archived