IGNORED

Trundle Thinks He'll Be A Swan Permanently In January

Rudolf Hucker

Trundle upbeat on Swans contract

Striker Lee Trundle hopes his loan move from Bristol City to Swansea will be made permanent in January.

"It's in Swansea's hands. I think it's already been sorted so hopefully that's the case," he told BBC Sport.

"At the minute I'm just getting my head down, working hard in training and trying to get on that pitch.

"If I'm on there and grab myself a few more goals and a few more good performances then hopefully it'll be in my own hands," added the 33-year-old.

Trundle, a hero to Swansea fans, returned to the club in August, two years after leaving for Bristol City in a £1m deal.

The man known as 'Magic Daps' struggled to make an impact at the Robins, with seven goals in 58 league and cup appearances, most of them coming from the bench.

Leeds United took Trundle on loan in January where he scored once in 10 league outings, a poor return given his 86 goals in the previous four years at Swansea.

Jason Scotland proved an able replacement for Trundle at the Liberty Stadium, but he joined Wigan in the summer.

Early season injuries to Stephen Dobbie and Guillem Bauza and suspension to Gorka Pintado left the Swans short of cover up front, prompting manager Paulo Sousa to swoop for Trundle and £800,000 West Brom striker Craig Beattie.

The Swans, who have the best defensive record in the division, have continued to struggle for goals, although Beattie has struck two in his last three games.

Trundle has started one Championship game and made four substitute appearances since his return to Swansea, scoring two goals.

The sooner it's resolved the better IMO. We don't need him back and his salary can be better spent.

Jacks S/T holder at work says he's not definate to get contract in Jan. Shadow of his former self apparently.

What really?

I'm sure there were a few posters on here demanding that he was in the side despite his pitiful goal record whilst with us and also despite him being 33 and out of his depth at Championship level.

Archived