IGNORED

Mark Mcghee

rumbellow

On the football league show (late last night on itv).

Mark Mcghee said "Bristol City are the best team in the division, Forget about Plymouth and QPR and all the other 3 teams in the play offs can do is make it as difficult as we can for Bristol City to win promotion".

True or reverse physcology.

I saw that as well and he's not the first person to have said that this season about us - do they all know something we dont??

6 pts of Plymouth and 4 of QPR would suggest he might be right - so why aren't we already promoted??

A question for the 1st June!

When Wilson goes to Leeds in the summer we'l have alot of candidates for the city job, colin lee being number 1.
Wilson isn't even on Leeds' shortlist, according to today's papers.

Strachan is favourite, and other names being mentioned are Iain Dowie, George Graham, Neil Warnock and Kevin Blackwell.

Danny is contracted to Bristol City for two more seasons, we have an excellent chance of going up through the play-offs and Colin Lee is the worst shout I have heard in a very long time (apart from when you've put his name forward in the past).

Steve Lansdown has pinned his faith in maintaining stability at the club, by sticking with Wilson when many people wanted a change. I would be very surprised if Wilson then took the opportunity to walk away, when he has had such faith shown in him by the board.

If we go up, then Steve L will, deservedly, have had his faith in Wilson rewarded and I would hope that would be the start of the next chapter in Wilson's career with us, not the end of the line.

If we go up, then Steve L will, deservedly, have had his faith in Wilson rewarded and I would hope that would be the start of the next chapter in Wilson's career with us, not the end of the line.
And if we stay down?

Danny is contracted to Bristol City for two more seasons, we have an excellent chance of going up through the play-offs and Colin Lee is the worst shout I have heard in a very long time (apart from when you've put his name forward in the past).

Steve Lansdown has pinned his faith in maintaining stability at the club, by sticking with Wilson when many people wanted a change. I would be very surprised if Wilson then took the opportunity to walk away, when he has had such faith shown in him by the board.

I think this is possibly the most reasoned and well made point on this issue, well done Edson - I for once (and worryingly so) find myself in complete agreement with you.

And if we stay down?

Then, I would say, Steve's faith has not been rewarded and he would be well within his rights to say as much to Danny and hope that the manager was man enough to admit it and walk away.

What I am saying is, despite my own personal reservations about DW, it cannot be denied that the faith the chairman has shown in him is to be applauded and I only hope that it reaps the rewards it deserves.

However, if we go up and another club comes knocking, I hope DW remembers the faith shown in him by Steve L and repays it in spades, by pledging himself to the club when temptation calls, just as Steve has pledged himself to Danny, when there must have been a temptation to look elsewhere.

Reason for edit: Apparently, DW is a 'manager' not a 'manger'. That's the rumour, anyway.

Then, I would say, Steve's faith has not been rewarded and he would be well within his rights to say as much to Danny and hope that the manager was man enough to admit it and walk away.

What I am saying is, despite my own personal reservations about DW, it cannot be denied that the faith the chairman has shown in him is to be applauded and I only hope that it reaps the rewards it deserves.

However, if we go up and another club comes knocking, I hope DW remembers the faith shown in him by Steve L and repays it in spades, by pledging himself to the club when temptation calls, just as Steve has pledged himself to Danny, when there must have been a temptation to look elsewhere.

Reason for edit: Apparently, DW is a 'manager' not a 'manger'. That's the rumour, anyway.

Well said Huw.

The next three games are absolutely massive for everyone at Bristol City.

Let's hope that we can continue the forward momentum we have shown since Danny came to the club, and that he will lead us into Division One next season.

But if he doesn't, then it wouldn't surprise me to find all sorts of excreta colliding with a variety of electrically operated air cooling devices.

Wilson isn't even on Leeds' shortlist, according to today's papers.

Strachan is favourite, and other names being mentioned are Iain Dowie, George Graham, Neil Warnock and Kevin Blackwell.

:o

Edson, has someone been using your login ^_^

Or are the tablets wearing off :dunno:

Must be a different DW to the other one you mention from time to time :dunno:

Pays me to read on down the thread.

I agree here, so much hinges on promotion.

SL has thrown much into the club & given DW more support than most Managers in Div 1.

If we fail, it won't be on the part of the Directors, it will fall firmly on those of the players & Manager.

Would DW see himself as failed - I think the Directors will.

All makes for an interesting few weeks.

If we get up then, I expect DW to stay & think the type of football we can play will do well in Div1.

:dunno:

Guest ALFSDAD

Noooooooooooo - never Mark Mc GHee hee hee

For reasons I won't go into right now, I am well aware of the man's total incompetence as a manager from his time at Millwall.

If you think DW's persistence with playing Leapy is bad, you would not believe what Maggie got up to at MFC.

He would not change his first choice starting line-up even if injuries warranted it - he would rather play everyone out of position (hence his albeit belated sacking).

So if you want to see Louis Carey in the Micky Bell position and Leapy at right back in order to keep Miller Roberts and Murray in the frame, then call for Magoo.

Don't even start me off about inspires signings such as Bob Peeters....

:o

Edson, has someone been using your login ^_^

Or are the tablets wearing off :dunno:

Must be a different DW to the other one you mention from time to time :dunno:

Is it me, or does the coffee in the boardroom taste a bit odd...?

Is it me, or does the coffee in the boardroom taste a bit odd...?
You have been cloned :P

As the Directors fell into the Supporters Club on Saturday, I could see your eyes were glazed.

It wasn't long after, the same door, in came DW. The same glazed look :whistle:

What does go on within the Chairmans club? :D

Your bonding session with DW is complete. :dunno:^_^:dunno::o

Archived