IGNORED

Brian Laws And A Steward

Slave to the rhythm

Something's bugging me, and I wonder if anybody else who sits in the Williams might be able to shed some light on this.

Early in the second half, a bloke wearing a steward's yellow bib (who was bearded, walked with a limp and was quite short) walked up to Brian Laws on the touchline, started tugging at his suit and looked as if he was telling Laws to sit in his dug out. Laws looked bemused, told the bloke to "go away" and so the "steward" walked back down the touchline.

Does anybody else remember seeing this? If so, any idea what was going on? It looked really odd to me.

Something's bugging me, and I wonder if anybody else who sits in the Williams might be able to shed some light on this.

Early in the second half, a bloke wearing a steward's yellow bib (who was bearded, walked with a limp and was quite short) walked up to Brian Laws on the touchline, started tugging at his suit and looked as if he was telling Laws to sit in his dug out. Laws looked bemused, told the bloke to "go away" and so the "steward" walked back down the touchline.

Does anybody else remember seeing this? If so, any idea what was going on? It looked really odd to me.

Sounds like the stewards are turning into the Gestapo !!

AJ, yes I have just mentioned said incident in a previous post about Johnsons (at this time alleged) behaviour against a guy in the Atyeo who actually had the temerity to stand up to our leader.

About ten minutes in the second half one of Ashtons finest storm troopers (described exactly by yourself) appeared to approach Brian Laws who was standing in his technical area apparently minding his own business and starting tugging at Laws's sleeve. Now whilst I appreciate that, that brown suit that Laws insists on wearing (he also wore the same suit at Ashton last season and I honestly thought on that day that he was entering in to Wednesdays end of season fancy dress day) is not clever and would certainly attract the attention of the fashion police, but, no it did appear that our little friend was requesting Brian to go and sit down in his dug out?

Now from my position I could not hear what words were exchanged and unlike Holloway I am not skilled in lip reading but it appeared that Laws told our little friend to go forth and multiply (a lot) and the picture on his face was absolutely priceless.

Our little guard then came storming down the touch line towards the Atyeo wripping off his (Makes me look very important) Hi Viz vest looking like he was going straight to see the Head Stormtrooper to get Laws sorted by the big boys!!!

Perhaps our beloved and exalted leader Johnson had heard Laws mentioning 4-4-2 and thought that BL was also in on the great entertainment scam that is clearly a no go area at Stalag Ashton presently.

I saw it but I dont think he was a real steward I'm afraid... (yes I know he had the bib but that limp was a bit weird) :noexpression:

To be honest, that's why the whole thing struck me as being really weird. I am convinced that the "steward" was nothing of the kind, so who was he, and how did he manage to get so close to the opposition manager? Like I said, really odd.

Archived