IGNORED

Gary Please Sit In The Stand!

mightyreds89

I cannot for the life of me work out how we are in the top 5 with the poor football we are playing! For me GJ has caused his own issue here! We let our only decent winger in McIndoe leave, we did not get the right sided player we needed and signed 2 very good midfielders to go with the 2-3 good ones we have! This is clear to see unless you are sat in the dugout! Please can you sit in the stand for at least 45mins Gary and see we have no balance and that are 3 man midfield is not working! Elliotts game is hugely effected by this!

We need to go 4 4 2 now (with no wingers) my team would be

Greken

Skuse Nyatanga Carey McCallister

Haynes Elliott /Sno Hartley Williams

Clarkson Maynard

Subs:

Sno/Elliott

Orr

Soborio

McCombe

Basso

Johnson

Akinde

I cannot for the life of me work out how we are in the top 5 with the poor football we are playing! For me GJ has caused his own issue here! We let our only decent winger in McIndoe leave, we did not get the right sided player we needed and signed 2 very good midfielders to go with the 2-3 good ones we have! This is clear to see unless you are sat in the dugout! Please can you sit in the stand for at least 45mins Gary and see we have no balance and that are 3 man midfield is not working! Elliotts game is hugely effected by this!

Greken

Clarkson Maynard

Subs:

Sno/Elliott

Orr

Soborio

McCombe

Basso

Johnson

Akinde

Good point, i've never understood why managers are so blinkered as to not sit in the stand - most fans given the choice will sit, perhaps half way up, on the half way line, why because they want a good view of whats happening. How a manager gets a good view of space and movement from ground level is ridiculous. However I believe it comes down to the flawed belief that, by shouting from the touchline they influence the game, which might be useful, if only the had a proper view of what was going on!

It does not have to even be evey game just every 2-3 games spend 45 mins in the stand first half!

You quite right, it doesn't need to be every game, but when you sit high up you see all sorts of things, opportunities to exploit the opposition, players that aren't performing etc

When you think about it managers are now obsessed by simple statistics, such as produced by Opta, who ran the most etc, and think themselves progressive in doing so - If I were them, all I want is the best view of the game - perhaps Colin Sexton can give him one of the spare seats in the Platinum area.

So obvious really, myabe I'm missing something

You quite right, it doesn't need to be every game, but when you sit high up you see all sorts of things, opportunities to exploit the opposition, players that aren't performing etc

When you think about it managers are now obsessed by simple statistics, such as produced by Opta, who ran the most etc, and think themselves progressive in doing so - If I were them, all I want is the best view of the game - perhaps Colin Sexton can give him one of the spare seats in the Platinum area.

So obvious really, myabe I'm missing something

I belive that GJ and the team generally match a replay of the whole 90 mins of each match so he will get a feeling for space and movement (if only in restrospect)

I belive that GJ and the team generally match a replay of the whole 90 mins of each match so he will get a feeling for space and movement (if only in restrospect)

The gestapo are watching Choose from:

An Admin or moderator decision is not for public debate. If a Member has something to say about a decision, they must use Email forum@otib.co.uk. Any attempt to use the forums to discuss a decision will be deleted without any notice. Furthermore, the Admin & Moderators of this site are volunteers. Any personal attacks against the administrators as a collective or individuals in any open forum, website or other media will also not be tolerated.

or

If a member has a complaint against another member/moderator/admin, or a post/thread, the contact a member of the admin team via e-mail or PM. Complaints made public on the forum will be removed. Failure to do so in the correct manner may result in you receiving a warning.

An Admin or moderator decision is not for public debate. If a Member has something to say about a decision, they must use Email forum@otib.co.uk. Any attempt to use the forums to discuss a decision will be deleted without any notice. Furthermore, the Admin & Moderators of this site are volunteers. Any personal attacks against the administrators as a collective or individuals in any open forum, website or other media will also not be tolerated.

or

If a member has a complaint against another member/moderator/admin, or a post/thread, the contact a member of the admin team via e-mail or PM. Complaints made public on the forum will be removed. Failure to do so in the correct manner may result in you receiving a warning.

WTF !!!! Why are people determined to wind up Tom and the other mods. Grow up. Totally ridiculous.

PDG

or

It's quite simple, if you don't like it, **** off! There are plenty of other forums, go on one of them.

People would probably start arguing with him though if he sat in the stands, btw he did spend most of the match at Barnsley up in the stand but there wern't any supporters in that section, I personally feel that GJ feels more comfortable managing City away from home far removed from any whingers that sit behind him in the Williams

or

You left out ''you will be shot'' :tongue:

Guest AJ Sylvester

I'm sure Gary watches the games on DVD which will show him the game at a different angle - so it's not like he never sees the game from that angle, just afterwards. I can see the benefits of both. On the one hand you can see the shape better as the game progresses from up high but it's not that easy to communicate all that to the players or to motivate them from up there. I'm not 100% sure but I still think most managers watch from the dugouts including most of the very top managers.

442 with our current squad seems madness to me. I'd put Hartley, Sno and Elliott as 3 of our best players so 442 doesn't allow room for them all. I also think Nyatanga, Carey and Fonts will make a very good central 3 at the back. I admit McAllister and Orr aren't natural wing-backs but we definitely don't have the players to have 2 wingers.

Greken

Clarkson Maynard

Subs:

Sno/Elliott

Orr

Soborio

McCombe

Basso

Johnson

Akinde

Well, you'd pick that team from sitting in the stand so maybe he's best off where he is!

Archived