IGNORED

Kris Commons

Sampson City Reds

I dont know if this has all ready been posted or not. But according to todays sunday people we are looking to sign Derby's Kris Commons for 1.5 million in January when the transfer window opens.

I'd drive up the motorway and give him a lift down myself. Just what we need - direct, can play wide, gets crosses into the box and has a bit of quality. GJ would get a big thumbs up from me if he could pull this one off.

I'd drive up the motorway and give him a lift down myself. Just what we need - direct, can play wide, gets crosses into the box and has a bit of quality. GJ would get a big thumbs up from me if he could pull this one off.

Yep and Id pay for your petrol. Great player.

I would rather Wallace from Preston. Can play left back, left wing back and left wing.

I wouldn't. I think we need a square peg for a square hole and this team of ours is absolutely screaming for a genuine attacking talent like Commons who can either hug the left touchline or score goals playing behind the front two. Bits and pieces players who can do a bit of everything rarely give you that little bit of real quality and drive in the areas that our side is currently lacking.

Commons will create goals and he will score goals. If he is available and we can afford him it is a no-brainer in my view.

but would Derby sell him? One of their key players aint he

Massive squad, would think they would need the money, despite the fantastic gates they are getting. More to the point, would KC want to come here? At £1.5m I would think here would be 6 or 7 Championship clubs and maybe 1 or 2 desperate Premier League clubs in the hunt.

Would be great, but I'll believe it when I see it.

I wouldn't. I think we need a square peg for a square hole and this team of ours is absolutely screaming for a genuine attacking talent like Commons who can either hug the left touchline or score goals playing behind the front two. Bits and pieces players who can do a bit of everything rarely give you that little bit of real quality and drive in the areas that our side is currently lacking.

Commons will create goals and he will score goals. If he is available and we can afford him it is a no-brainer in my view.

And so will Wallace Greebo. I highlight the positions because it means he could play in both of GJ's main formations, as either a wing back or left winger.

And so will Wallace Greebo. I highlight the positions because it means he could play in both of GJ's main formations, as either a wing back or left winger.

Maybe you know a little bit more about Wallace than me. I'll make him my second option based on your comments then!! The main point being that we've got to get someone decent in down that left hand side to give us attacking width. It would improve our play no end and might see us put games to bed like Scunny, Peterbrough and Wednesday.

Maybe you know a little bit more about Wallace than me. I'll make him my second option based on your comments then!! The main point being that we've got to get someone decent in down that left hand side to give us attacking width. It would improve our play no end and might see us put games to bed like Scunny, Peterbrough and Wednesday.

Preston fans will tell you that he was one of the main reasons for their form last season. Most of there goals from crosses came Wallace crossing.He ripped us apart on the live TV game last season.

• Admin

+1 to the Wallace fan club.

I've kept an eye on Wallace for a while since we were linked with him shortly prior to his move to Preston from Sunderland so did a little research and last season both Commons & Wallace scored 5 goals but Commons "assisted" 9 goals to Wallace's 14.

So far this season Wallace has 2 goals to Commons' 1 and Wallace has 4 assists (whilst Derby's site doesn't provide individual club statistics and whatever number he has isn't enough to get him on the League leaderboard......so.....) to Commons' "less than 4". (Haynes has 4 :city: )

I also remember him roasting us last season :(

+1 to the Wallace fan club.

I've kept an eye on Wallace for a while since we were linked with him shortly prior to his move to Preston from Sunderland so did a little research and last season both Commons & Wallace scored 5 goals but Commons "assisted" 9 goals to Wallace's 14.

So far this season Wallace has 2 goals to Commons' 1 and Wallace has 4 assists (whilst Derby's site doesn't provide individual club statistics and whatever number he has isn't enough to get him on the League leaderboard......so.....) to Commons' "less than 4". (Haynes has 4 :city: )

I also remember him roasting us last season :(

Ah, but KC has only appeared 5(5) this season whereas RW has made 15 full appearances. :smartass:

• Admin
Ah, but KC has only appeared 5(5) this season whereas RW has made 15 full appearances. :smartass:

Is KC fit enough for a GJ side then?

Are we just signing KC as we need someone to fill number 23's shorts when he leaves in January?

Do we need to get rid of GJ so we can sign KC?

Do we just get rid of GJ anyway?

Have I asked enough questions yet?

Or should I ask one more?

Is KC fit enough for a GJ side then?

Are we just signing KC as we need someone to fill number 23's shorts when he leaves in January?

Do we need to get rid of GJ so we can sign KC?

Do we just get rid of GJ anyway?

Have I asked enough questions yet?

Or should I ask one more?

Oh go on then..

Do you really think they are in a position to spend any more money? They have brought in quite a few already and are still paying Andrius Velicka's wages.

Let's be honest, they are not doing too bad with what they have got. Consistency seems to be the key to our success, GJ seems to be able to fire them up after a dismal performance but they then slip back into old habits.

Decent enough player actually very good player, a good replacement for McIndoe too, but 1.5m? Do we have that to spend? and will Derby let him go for that?> I don't doubt we are looking at him, he fits the bill perfectly imo, but we would face competition from other teams if he is available.

I guess iwth Trundle signing perma to Swansea we will free up some wage kitty, so who knows..

Archived