IGNORED

Mccindoe

Jordan Tansley

Why are people bringing up selling him?

he was shite for us, has been shite for cov and has barely featured!

we got a good price for an over-rated player.

my personal opinion is the fact he is doing alright for coventry, !

its just matter of opinion.

and you cant say "we're clearly better without hm hence Cov are languishing at the bottom and we are challenging for promotion..." - so basically your saying its just mcindoe that decides where you are in the league ?

IMO it would have been useful to have him this season as "another club in the bag". But if the fee was good, I don't see him as a huge loss. I'd rather have Sno, and a proportion of McIndoe's fee spent on his wages, than McIndoe and no Sno. Also, we have heard about McIndoe's attitude, maybe he thought he would do better at Coventry than he would here.

we're clearly better without hm hence Cov are languishing at the bottom and we are challenging for promotion...

Can't agree with this. Good player - yes he frustrated me occassionally by cutting inside and not trying to beat players - but he always gave 100 per cent. Also didn't slag us off when he left so have no problem whatsoever with him.

McIndoe's departure, without replacement, means that - while 3-5-2 is a perferectly acceptable plan B, we just do not have a plan B. I think we'd be a better squad with him still in it.

we're clearly better without hm hence Cov are languishing at the bottom and we are challenging for promotion...

McIndoe was not shite for us. He was superb in the first season and average (like most our players) the second season.

Your dislike of him clouds your judgement.....

For the record I think we got rid at the right time...

A winger who was near the top of our assist charts for past few seasons. Now we are not scoring enough and playing very narrow. Thats why he is being mentioned. Yeah better players around, but no better wingers at our club IMO.

IMO it would have been useful to have him this season as "another club in the bag". But if the fee was good, I don't see him as a huge loss. I'd rather have Sno, and a proportion of McIndoe's fee spent on his wages, than McIndoe and no Sno. Also, we have heard about McIndoe's attitude, maybe he thought he would do better at Coventry than he would here.

His only "attitude" was having ambition, and he didn't like what he was beginning to see happening at Ashton Gate. He would have welcomed the move to Bramall Lane, before the Blades started messing everybody about. Coventry was not his first choice by any means, but they're still a big club with good support, good infrastructure etc.

McIndoe was shite for us and barely features for Coventry? That seems very difficult to support as a theory...

He was the highest scoring and highest assisting midfielder in both seasons he was here.

He has played more times for Coventry this season than any other midfielder and although he only has two assists nobody else has more.

He was a consistent performer and the first real left winger we'd had since Aaron Brown.

We certainly miss him this season as we have nobody capable of getting down the left flank and providing any service.

Seems strange to have a random moan about a player who has moved on particularly when it is so baseless.

McIndoe was a decent player for us during his time here. Never a world beater but a more than competent player at this level. Did a good job for us and then moved on as players do. I would applaud him when he comes back and I would say any fan that wouldn't would do it more out of some personal vendetta than footballing reasons.

McIndoe was shite for us and barely features for Coventry? That seems very difficult to support as a theory...

He was the highest scoring and highest assisting midfielder in both seasons he was here.

He has played more times for Coventry this season than any other midfielder and although he only has two assists nobody else has more.

He was a consistent performer and the first real left winger we'd had since Aaron Brown.

We certainly miss him this season as we have nobody capable of getting down the left flank and providing any service.

Seems strange to have a random moan about a player who has moved on particularly when it is so baseless.

alright, i didnt research it so well. I based it on the negative response his signing got early on in his coventry career...

it was only brought up because people seem to be blaming the so called poor football on his sale? he did nothing to enhance our style. nothing.

I'd say we don't miss him at all, fans who think that width will at all enhance our promotion bid do, but our formation currently WORKS! we're winning games, drawing games and NOT LOSING...

who is to say that the out dated and rigid 4-4-2 wouldn't weaken us as we'd be the same as every other club in the division?

keep it as it is, the wingbacks system works, it can be entertaining... personally i prefer the passing game we have now with hartley and sno both cultured and classy that having headless chickens running fast along the touchline and delivering little

people saying its worse than last season clearly don't recall the endless long hoofs that we were subjected to last time out?

alright, i didnt research it so well. I based it on the negative response his signing got early on in his coventry career...

it was only brought up because people seem to be blaming the so called poor football on his sale? he did nothing to enhance our style. nothing.

I'd say we don't miss him at all, fans who think that width will at all enhance our promotion bid do, but our formation currently WORKS! we're winning games, drawing games and NOT LOSING...

who is to say that the out dated and rigid 4-4-2 wouldn't weaken us as we'd be the same as every other club in the division?

keep it as it is, the wingbacks system works, it can be entertaining... personally i prefer the passing game we have now with hartley and sno both cultured and classy that having headless chickens running fast along the touchline and delivering little

people saying its worse than last season clearly don't recall the endless long hoofs that we were subjected to last time out?

I wouldn't say the football is worse than last season but I definitely think that calling it entertaining is a joke, it is nowhere near as good as it should be considering the investment made and players signed and it seems crystal clear to me that a big part of the reason we have such binary results is that we don't stretch sides because we have no width.

We scored three goals in about ten minutes against Plymouth when we switched back to a rigid and outdated 442 with a little width, I'm also sure we reached the playoff final playing a combo of 4411 and 442.

And let's be clear, wingbacks was NOT the plan this season. It was a fallback because GJ couldn't sign any of the three or four wingers he tried to sign to replace McIndoe. He didn't go into the season thinking our strength was our fantastic full backs and we must play to them.

A well constructed observation did you actually see him play ?????? . He is not alone in being good then fading ,on saturday Sno looked up went to play a ball to either wing no one there Mcindoe could still have done a job .

The issue for me is not Mcindoe himself (he was a decent winger at this level but nothing spectacular, i could name 5 or 6 out and out wingers that we could realistically get that are better than him) it was the fact that we didnt reaplce him and are now left with a situation were we have only one winger who is to be quite honest useless.

At the moment we are a team that is incapable of playing 4-4-2 as we have no wide men, dont get me wrong i was not Mcindoe's greatest fan but at least with him here playing 4-4-2 would actually be an option that might work.

A well constructed observation did you actually see him play ?????? . He is not alone in being good then fading ,on saturday Sno looked up went to play a ball to either wing no one there Mcindoe could still have done a job .

Unfortunately Macca would have been in the middle with everyone else. :winner_third_h4h:

i bet that the majoirty of people who are slagging off Johnson for selling him are the same ones who said good riddance when he left.

If you didnt say good riddance when he left then well done u are clearly sensible and realise he is a good player that we are missing this season.

People in the latter include me :)

Archived