IGNORED

Accentuate The Positives

megansdad

Here's a thread for GJ in response to his interview in which he asked for people to highlight the positives. Here's a chance to show him and the players that the majority are with him and the squad. The players do read and are affected by what is written and aired on radio. There are plenty of negative threads so those mischievous among you who wish to moan, spread rumours without foundation or find reason criticise please leave your comments elsewhere. Let's see how many of us can see the positives. I'll start with mine:

We are 5th, unbeaten at home and have what the players feel is the best squad they have seen at Ashton Gate.

We have, one of, if not the best Chairmen in football. :winner_third_h4h:

We will soon have a great new stadium and are now able to attract the likes of Paul Hartley to the club.

In Nicky Maynard we have a striker on great form and with still huge potential.

Our midfield strength is a match for any squad in the division.

And finally we have progressed so much in the last few years that the blue few have become an irrelevance...................

That'll do for starters. Over to you!!

Here's a thread for GJ in response to his interview in which he asked for people to highlight the positives. Here's a chance to show him and the players that the majority are with him and the squad. The players do read and are affected by what is written and aired on radio. There are plenty of negative threads so those mischievous among you who wish to moan, spread rumours without foundation or find reason criticise please leave your comments elsewhere. Let's see how many of us can see the positives. I'll start with mine:

We are 5th, unbeaten at home and have what the players feel is the best squad they have seen at Ashton Gate.

We have, one of, if not the best Chairmen in football. :winner_third_h4h:

We will soon have a great new stadium and are now able to attract the likes of Paul Hartley to the club.

And finally we have progressed so much in the last few years that the blue few have become an irrelevance...................

That'll do for starters. Over to you!!

How about the fact that we are above the following in the League

Leeds

The Sheffields

Middlesborough

Forest

Derby and Ipswich

and I'm not even surprised! :city:

Four years ago today, we were 22 in League 1, behind (among others) Gillingham, Rotherham, Walsall, Yeovil, Hartlepool, Bournemouth, Port Vale, Brentford and Southend.

Today, we are 5 in the Championship, ahead of (among others) Middlesborough, QPR, Sheffield United, Derby and Coventry and a whole league above Leeds, Charlton, Norwich and Southampton

(No offence to any of the teams mentioned)

We have the strongest and most talented squad ive known since I started supporting City and its littered with youth and full international players.

The club is very stable in many ways when compared to probably most of the football league.

Our Chairman is quality and determined to move the club forward - the right way.

We have the best manager at the gate for decades.

We are now an established CCC club that opposition fear.

We have a squad that is the envey of many CCC clubs.

We have a great chance of promotion.

We have not moved forward at such pace since the 70s

We are without doubt going in the right direction.

The best manager we've had for a long time, yet he's unlikely to be lured away easily

A professional bunch of players

Looking upwards, not downwards

Financial security, with an excellent balance between ambition and caution

A locally-based chairman who's committed to the club

And an exciting young striker who's now coming good and has, at last, scored a scrappy goall

Every time I hear Gary Johnson speak I am more and more convinced that we have the best possible man in charge of the club.

It's been non-stop progress since he took over and I see no reason why that shouldn't continue. The football has improved. I've seen that with my own eyes. It's not as good yet as it could be but it could be a lot, lot worse.

We're 5th in the league, have a good record in games played against the top sides and there's a lot more still to come from this team.

The future is very bright indeed.

we have a squad full of internationals/u21s

we have a striker looking like he will bag 20+ goals this season

were 5th in the league with a +goal difference

we have one of the best managers in our history at the helm

we have a wealthy chairman who loves this club and is transforming it into a beast

we are extremely close to having a brand new 30k luxury stadium

that's all i could think of at 2.30 in the morning

Ok so....

We have, one of, if not the best Chairmen in football.

We are above the following in the League: Leeds, The Sheffields, Middlesborough, Forest, Derby and Ipswich

Four years ago today, we were 22 in League 1, behind (among others) Gillingham, Rotherham, Walsall, Yeovil, Hartlepool, Bournemouth, Port Vale, Brentford and Southend.

We have the best manager at the gate for decades.

We are now an established CCC club that opposition fear.

We have a squad that is the envey of many CCC clubs.

We have a great chance of promotion.

We have not moved forward at such pace since the 70s

We are without doubt going in the right direction.

Today, we are 5 in the Championship, ahead of (among others) Middlesborough, QPR, Sheffield United, Derby and Coventry and a whole league above Leeds, Charlton, Norwich and Southampton

We have the strongest and most talented squad ive known since I started supporting City and its littered with youth and full international players.

The club is very stable in many ways when compared to probably most of the football league

The best manager we've had for a long time, yet he's unlikely to be lured away easily

A professional bunch of players

Looking upwards, not downwards

Financial security, with an excellent balance between ambition and caution

A locally-based chairman who's committed to the club

And an exciting young striker who's now coming good and has, at last, scored a scrappy goall

It's been non-stop progress since he took over and I see no reason why that shouldn't continue. The football has improved. I've seen that with my own eyes. It's not as good yet as it could be but it could be a lot, lot worse.

We're 5th in the league, have a good record in games played against the top sides and there's a lot more still to come from this team

we have a squad full of internationals/u21s

we have a striker looking like he will bag 20+ goals this season

were 5th in the league with a +goal difference

we have one of the best managers in our history at the helm

we have a wealthy chairman who loves this club and is transforming it into a beast

we are extremely close to having a brand new 30k luxury stadium

BUT!!!!.................................................................................

Apart from that, just what has Gary Johnson done for Bristol City?

Apologies to M Python and that I've done this before.

like it - like the Roman's not much then

The other positive is to date this must be one of the longest posts on otib in recent months without the whiff of a whinge - let's keep it that way please.

And of course today the Council will wave through the NEW STADIUM !!!!!!

I loved GJ's interview. If agreeing with realism and being thankful to the team/players, manager/coaching staff, chairmen/board for advancing this club incredibly over the last few years is being a happy clapper then so be it. GJ, I am happy. When I started university in 2003, I had to put up with Brighton fans laughing at my club(having beaten us in the p/o final), Luton fans laughing at my club and a host of others reveling in the fact that a relatively 'big' club was rotting in the lower leagues. Look at us and them(and many others that we have leapfrogged) now, whilst I would NEVER wish bad luck and releagtion etc on other teams, it does highlight how grateful we should be. Now, I hold my head up high when I tell people I'm a Bristol City fan(though i never kept it to myself before), as we are playing in and comfortably competing in the Chapionship and have been and will continue to push for the top tier of this country, possibly for the best league in the world.

People say managers move on, Chairmen move on, layers move on BUT fans stay forever. Yes that is true. BUT some managers/players etc live on for ever in the memory of clubs and fans for all they have given to and achieved for a club.GJ, if he has not already become so, in my opinion is fast becoming one of those managers for Bristol City. For me, GJ is, by far, is the best manager we have EVER had in my 27 years of supporting Bristol City. He has taken us to the highest level we have played at in that time, with the help of the chairmen, players, and fans has turned this club around and put us in one hell of a positive position for the future. How anyone can not be gratefull for that and positive with regards to the future, is simply beyond me. There are some, who lets face it, quite simply are totally unrealistic, will always want more, will always moan, about anything and when that current moan becomes 'laughable' they will find something else to latch onto.

We are in the Championship.

We are established in it.

We are currently 5th.

Unbeaten at home.

Have one of the top scorers and most promising young strikers in the league.

Have a manager determined to drive this club futher forward and into the premier league.

Have a squad who give 100% for the club, and are 100% proffesional players.

We have players from Ajax (personally, imo, the most worthy team of years gone by with regards to footballing technique and professionalsim) willing to play for us.

We have a new stadium in the pipeline.

A chairmen who is massively involved and genuiniely dedicated to taking the club into the premier league.

We get to play at the likes of St James's Park (AND NOT LOSE), the Riverside, The Ricoh Arena (AND USUALLY WIN).....

I could go and on.

Yeah, I'd say we have a fair amount to be positive about.

:winner_third_h4h::englandsmile4wf:

More replies on negative threads....I guess its true that those who moan make the most noise.

Flags up for being positive :englandsmile4wf:

come on, get them up. :englandsmile4wf:

Thats life really, how many positive reports do you see in the news or in the papers these days?

I only see people getting killed, disasters, murders, accidents, fraud, rape, deception, coups etc.... We are humans and loving being negitive and highlighting those facts, noone wants to read about people doing well do they, people wants to know how 5h1t life is for others so it makes there own puny existance more palatable :laugh:, the fact we had more than 3 replys on this is massive really.

:englandsmile4wf:

Some new positives:

We have Sarah Jane as a BCFC fan and she is hot

We have one of the best Supporters Trusts

We have a massive catchment area to pull from with few competitors

We have a club which listens to it's fans on the whole

The players/chairman/manager have respect of the fans (on the whole, bar 1 or 2)

We have a club that cares about the community and may yet have a venue to watch bands

We no longer have Iain Baird

We no longer have Tony Clulis

We are moving a bit further away from Rovers and Cardiff, so there will be less of a wiff

That will do for now

Archived