IGNORED

Johnson To Hull

loudred4ever

• Admin
what does everydoby think the likelyhood of this is, if brown does get the chop?

No chance. They'll go with a name with Premier League experience (though this is usually of taking a team down hence the manager being available). Failing that they'll go for a formerly famous big name player.

what does everydoby think the likelyhood of this is, if brown does get the chop?

Sounds like you need some maggots for the end of your line highly unlikely he has a 5 year contract why everytime a job that hasnt even come up yet does someone that is allegedly a city fan link him to the job. Do you want GJ to go to hull ?? :tumbleweed:

Surely the news from last tuesday means GJ will want to stay until we have the new stadium. Would anyone swap this prospect for anything that isn't on the way up? Gives him strong bargaining power as regards new players. He wants to be in the Premier League and get there his way. This will be the most impressive way of developing his own career and its obvious he is personally very ambitious.

Do you remember he wasn't joking when he said a future England manager could not have a bare backside on his CV.

SL isn't going anywhere else in a hurry and he will only part company with GJ if we are relegated.

No chance. They'll go with a name with Premier League experience (though this is usually of taking a team down hence the manager being available). Failing that they'll go for a formerly famous big name player.

That will be Windy Arse then..........

It doesn't matter one bit if their chairman thinks he's up to the job then he will approach him as one game doesn't come into it as much in the bigger picture.

The bigger picture is that if they wanted a manager with little prem experience they'd stick with the one they had.

I would like to know how Johnson gets linked by posters on here to any job that comes up .I would say he is having enough problems at the moment with City.Apart from his first season in the Championship what has he achieved to warrant other clubs above us wanting him. Can't see it myself.

Even if Brown gets the sack and even if Hull were interested and prepared to pay considerably to get Johnson out of his long term contract with us - all the while remembering they are skint. Why would Gary Johnson want to join a club in mid season, having missed the summer transfer window. A club that are dead certs to come bouncing down to the Championship.

This is one of the most stupid suggestions on here in a long time. That in itself is a hard act to achieve based on the majority of rubbish that is spouted on here.

Fergie junior id say :) only way I can explain peterbough sacking him.

Being down the bottom of the table seems a good reason.

If Hull appoints junior on the basis of what he's done in league 1 with a relatively big chequebook then they deserve to be relegated.

Even if Brown gets the sack and even if Hull were interested and prepared to pay considerably to get Johnson out of his long term contract with us - all the while remembering they are skint. Why would Gary Johnson want to join a club in mid season, having missed the summer transfer window. A club that are dead certs to come bouncing down to the Championship.

This is one of the most stupid suggestions on here in a long time. That in itself is a hard act to achieve based on the majority of rubbish that is spouted on here.

I agree its a stupid suggestion but only because GJ wouldn't be anywhere near a job in the Prem unless he took us up there.

GJ's stock was highest 2 seasons ago surely, and I don't think he was seriously linked with any Prem job.

Professionally and financially, not many managers wouldn't take Hull's situation over ours as bad as it seems.

Muhah, Why captain a small sinking ship out of its league, when you have a fine vessel on the up like BCFC?

GJ is better than most prem managers anyways,and stfu anyone who disagrees, and most prem teams are not half as desirable as Bristol City. It would take Real MAdrid, Man U or AC M<Milan for GJ to quit our club.

There are only a few teams int he UK more prestigious than BCFC, Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham and thats about it. Hull is a dank 5hithole, and their team is 5hit, they're players are 5h1t, so are the supporters. Even if Hull were in the Champions league GJ is far too good for them.

If we are being realistic- some may say this is a glass half empty style of post- but for all the speculation on here every time a vacancy/potential vacancy comes up, has anyone actually APPROACHED us over Johnson, be it a Championship or a lower Premier League vacancy?

Now he has done a sterling job here- inherited a side in a bit of a shambles, 7-1 at Swansea, some players who got into a bit of bother- most of whom have now left the club. Play off final fantastic, continued consolidation in the top 10 or thereabouts- fantastic. The squad as a whole is worth about £5m in terms of fees approximated- which is not much more than Cardiff spent on one player this summer in the form of Chopra. Hope he stays and for the long term.

However, the overarching question is this...has anyone actually made an approach for him while he has been here? If not, then I guess he is, perhaps- seen- by other chairmen as just one of many managers in this League doing a decent job?

If we are being realistic- some may say this is a glass half empty style of post- but for all the speculation on here every time a vacancy/potential vacancy comes up, has anyone actually APPROACHED us over Johnson, be it a Championship or a lower Premier League vacancy?

Now he has done a sterling job here- inherited a side in a bit of a shambles, 7-1 at Swansea, some players who got into a bit of bother- most of whom have now left the club. Play off final fantastic, continued consolidation in the top 10 or thereabouts- fantastic. The squad as a whole is worth about £5m in terms of fees approximated- which is not much more than Cardiff spent on one player this summer in the form of Chopra. Hope he stays and for the long term.

However, the overarching question is this...has anyone actually made an approach for him while he has been here? If not, then I guess he is, perhaps- seen- by other chairmen as just one of many managers in this League doing a decent job?

I think you've hit the nail on the head. I've said before that every manager has a period when their reputation is at its highest, and GJ's period was the 2007/8 season. If any Championship manager is to be catapulted into the Premier League in the near future, I have a hunch it may be Jim Magilton.

Archived