IGNORED

Euro Millions

Bris Red

Well im bored at work and was just watching an interview on the net with the couple from Newport (*shudder*) that won 40 odd million the other day. It got me thinking what would everyone do with that sort of money and would you donate 5 or 10 mill towards the new stadium or donate to the club in another way..

Personally i would be very tempted, obviously after living it up for a while buying the houses, holidays, cars, sorting out your family etc say you had 10 mill left, would you give SL and the Board a donation towards Ashton Vale??

I think I would certainly donate/invest in some way if I won £45m.

There are other charities, family members etc I would donate to beforehand, but I reckon there would still be a few pennies left.

Not sure that even a few million would make a huge difference though.

Raffle starts next weekend, one UK ticket will win £1M, ticket cost goes up to £2. I think you need the two lucky stars and another number for £10, other than that I'm not sure..

I would possibly help in someway, although buying onto the board and sitting there like a plum might be a bit embarrassing!

Perhaps the youth academy or a loan players wages could be covered?!

Isn't this bloke from Avonmouth originally? It's where his son and mum live, anyway. There's gotta be some percentage of a chance he's a red!

Mind you, Avonmouth's more of a 'blue' area, isn't it? What if he turns out to be a sag!? Fingers crossed he's more of a rugby fan and wants the club to have their old ground back - without the tenants/squatters.

Could not deny an investment in something that has been a part of my life for so long

Maybe also a new "CITY BAR" type place in the new Ashton vale complex - something along the lines of Shearers bar up at Newcastle - loadsa photos and old kits and stuff over three levels - TV showing footie everywhere

Wouldn't donate any tbh but what I would do is buy a large amount of shares so I can have a place on the board and a say in what goes on. Why would you give a club money so they can do what they want with it?

Archived