IGNORED

Most Disliked City Players Of All Time?

Redbarn

Guest zider_head

In my Time

Tony Dinning - Great till he signed then didnt care

I didnt like that welsh centre back the one who got banged up very poor signing his name fails me, where is he now ?

Phillips - towards the end so bitter and twisted

How about the most disliked City players of all time.

Us older members should enjoy this one.

Who remembers Ray Atteveld?

I quite liked Atteveld myself...and Bas you couldn't help but like!

I think Tony Dinning would have to be mine - there have been plenty of poor (& poorer) players in the near 30 years I've seen 'em, but none that I disliked more than him (I even dislike him more than Ian Baird), but the way he just stopped bothering once he got his contract just disgusted me, and most others I think. He was excellent whilst on loan, so has the talent there, but just couldn't be arsed once he got his permanent deal. He's run close by another player for me, but I won't name him.

That's just my personal opinion...from a general view, I think one of the most disliked City players of all time has to be Lee Johnson. Not in my eyes at all - I'm in the pro-LJ camp - well....certainly not in the anti-LJ camp anyway, but this forum shows often that he would come into the category of disliked players, which is unfortunate for him.

(Just a quick plea though after that last paragraph - PLEASE DON'T TURN THIS INTO JUST ANOTHER LJ THREAD!!! I think this could be a really interesting one if it doesn't just deviate down that path!)

Funny enough I was only thinking about Tony Dinning yesterday. I thought we could name the stands at the new stadium after City legends, but wouldn't it be great to name the shi**ers after City not-so legends. I say that the toilets be named Tony Dinnning and Ralph Milne :rolleyes:

By the way, I did once take a momentary dislike to Wayne Allison when he missed an open goal from 2 feet at Nottingham Forest 12 odd years back.

It was a particularly poor performance, another stuffing, and the rain on that cold open terrace was coming at me horizontally.

I felt he missed on purpose to compound my misery.

My therapist says I should get over it, and get a life.

By the way, I did once take a momentary dislike to Wayne Allison when he missed an open goal from 2 feet at Nottingham Forest 12 odd years back.

It was a particularly poor performance, another stuffing, and the rain on that cold open terrace was coming at me horizontally.

I felt he missed on purpose to compound my misery.

My therapist says I should get over it, and get a life.

But you've forgiven Lee Miller for that miss at Swindon which was so much more important. Even my own therapist gets nightmares about that one.

Archived