IGNORED

Most Ineffectual But Most Loved Players

stortfordred

Ineffectial players - Well that is a very long list! Geert Meier, Perti Jantunen, Les Carter, Ricky Chandler, Gary Smith, Peter Devine. Forbes Phillipson-Masters, most of the team around 82-83, Scott McGarvey, Gary Stanley, Colin 'dead' Loss, Rodney McAree, Henry McKop, Abdul Kamara, just too many to remember. Then recently, Bas, Andy Smith, Trundle, Quinn. Youga, Sankofa, in fact any Gary Johnson loan signing. How about Darren Caskey, you could not get more innefectual than him!

Ineffectial players - Well that is a very long list! Geert Meier, Perti Jantunen, Les Carter, Ricky Chandler, Gary Smith, Peter Devine. Forbes Phillipson-Masters, most of the team around 82-83, Scott McGarvey, Gary Stanley, Colin 'dead' Loss, Rodney McAree, Henry McKop, Abdul Kamara, just too many to remember. Then recently, Bas, Andy Smith, Trundle, Quinn. Youga, Sankofa, in fact any Gary Johnson loan signing. How about Darren Caskey, you could not get more innefectual than him!

What about ineffectual but much loved, as per the topic title. Sorry.

They were ineffectual and I'm sure somebody loved them.

Only one contender really, Darius Dziekanowski. Absolutely loved, but apart from one game at Leicester he really did nothing of note.

Yep, jacki is the only contender, I absolutely idolised him when I was a kid, but the step overs looked nice but there was rarely any end product. I will never forget that Portsmouth game on the first day of the season either. It seems to me that the off the field problems only endeared him more to the city fans, kinda like it made him more like us.

Yep, jacki is the only contender, I absolutely idolised him when I was a kid, but the step overs looked nice but there was rarely any end product. I will never forget that Portsmouth game on the first day of the season either. It seems to me that the off the field problems only endeared him more to the city fans, kinda like it made him more like us.

You didn't make the game at home to Wolves, where he came off the bench and scored twice in the last 15 mins?

Jacki was worth the admission fee alone, most talented player I've seen in a City shirt. Not saying that he was always effective, but it was far more than the Pompey game, or the Leicester game that people always remember.

Archived