IGNORED

Your Favourite/most Memorable Nicknames

Nogbad the Bad

We don't seem to give that many City players nicknames that they become known as and that really stand the test of time.

At the moment we've got Jamie 'Boom Boom' McCombe, for instance, which I'm sure he'll be remembered as.

In the past Glenn "Psycho" Humphries and of course Bob "God" Taylor stand out. :worship2:

Rob "Biff" Newman is another.

Others were Dariusz "Jackie" Dziekanowski and Norman "Bites yer legs" Hunter but neither were Christened by City fans.

We've had some outstanding one's for those who've earnt our wrath and well deserved hostility as well - "Hollowhead"/"Skeletor" Holloway :grr::redcard: , and Gary "The Elephant Man" Penrice :grr: for instance.

What other most memorable nicknames stand out over the years for our Red shirted City heroes (or villains) and our most reviled adversaries? :dunno:

"Colin w**ker" is the greatest nickname in footaball! - and it just wouldn't be as funny if he wasn't one of the biggest w**kers in the game!!

>>note to mods: the plural of this descriptive swear-word does not get automatically censored, so you might want to add that to your magic list. :)

A few from our 75-76 promotion team:

Two whose names were often chanted from the East End, Captain :chant6ez: " Sir Geoffrey Merrick" :chant6ez: and our favourite marauding future England striker :chant6ez: "Supercheese" :chant6ez: Paul Cheesley, whose nickname is still emblazoned across my old school hav-a-sac up in the loft.

One who didn't get chanted about very often ( and didn't make it onto my old bag either) dependable left back of surprising turn of pace pace, Brian "Speedy" Drysdale. :yes:

Archived