IGNORED

Akinde On Loan

foghornred

Well at least he'll be playing. Cant see him getting past Alvaro ( who i like) and Clarkson's back now as well.

Good "club" to have in the bag though, Big John. :dunno:

just out on interest, what do you see in Saborio? I dont rate him one bit personally but would like to know what you see different to me, as after all football is a game of opinions.

Gutted , i felt the lad deserved more of chance , when he played earlier in season he looked really lively and up for it .

Would much rather him play than saborio who seems to remind me of Styvar runs around alot but doesnt really seem to do / create anything let alone have a shot at goal.

When we need to hoof the ball up John would of been the ideal man even though he has alot more to his game than just heading the ball forward (seems to be our main game plan lately ).

Lets hope he takes his scoring boots gets loads of goals and then Johnson has to recall him.

Come January I expect it will be made permanent

Don't think so definitely one for the future, besides I'm sure Ebbsfleet have a large sell on clause on him.

As for Saborio, I think he has a touch of quality, but is still adapting to the way we play. Remember it took a year to consistently get the best out of Maynard, be patient with him.

just out on interest, what do you see in Saborio? I dont rate him one bit personally but would like to know what you see different to me, as after all football is a game of opinions.

like him as a player, good touch, good in the air, not afraid to get involved- just hasn't clicked for him and perhaps Its going to take him a while to get his game going.

Maybe its cause i want him to do well :dunno: Remember, Nicky M didn't look so hot last season, different player this year.

Just seen Mr Foggs reply :D great minds and all that.....

Makes sense him going out on loan tbh, IMO he should have gone out for the full season. People need to remember he hasnt even had a full season of League football let alone Championship football so he is still learning his trade as such, add that to the fact that he is probably 5th choice striker going out and getting league experience will help him more than just playing reserve fottie with us.

Makes sense him going out on loan tbh, IMO he should have gone out for the full season. People need to remember he hasnt even had a full season of League football let alone Championship football so he is still learning his trade as such, add that to the fact that he is probably 5th choice striker going out and getting league experience will help him more than just playing reserve fottie with us.

Agree, and I would imagine GJ would be happy to extend so long as we are not short on strikers and he does well down there.

Good move for all partys considering we have a 24hr clause.

I'm glad that he can hopefully get some games under his belt, any footballer wants to play.

I am not sure if Saborio is any better than Akinde, Akinde, given a run of games in the first team could - IMO - be a better player as so far, Mr Saborio has flattered to decieve.

I hope he stays and get's a chance to prove himself here, others have, and whenever I have seen him play he appears to have what it takes.

At least Mr Clarkson - remember him, our number 9 - might have a better chance to play in his NATURAL position soon.

Good luck John, bang those goals in like before.

I do like the way Saborio has been written off by some after about 2 months at the club (a fair bit of which has been spent on international duty).

I just think that, as always with Bristol City strikers in recent times, it comes down to the complete lack of goals. 1 goal so far isnt good enough for a Championship forward im afraid. Thats what strikers are judged on.

He does have a decent touch, but.....for an international forward for a team who are supposed to be pushing for the top 6 (according to its manager), I expect a little bit more

Why?

Very much one for the future, he got injured at the worst time poss.

I will tell you why........ he's a bloody lightweight wannabe. According to the main site for the past year, Akinde is 6ft 2ins and weighs a very puny 10st 1lb, thats nearly half a stone lighter than LJ. Opposition backs would knock him over in the CC.

Akinde needs to put on 2 stone in a hurry or BCFC needs to up date their information by 2 stone. Its an absolute joke and insult to fans information.......get it right.

Don't think so definitely one for the future, besides I'm sure Ebbsfleet have a large sell on clause on him.

As for Saborio, I think he has a touch of quality, but is still adapting to the way we play. Remember it took a year to consistently get the best out of Maynard, be patient with him.

Have to disagree about Saborio his goalscoring rate is poor for a striker, and besides a hald decent striker would have buried one of the two sitters he missed at Derby whilst one of quality would have netted both and gave us 3 more points

I just think that, as always with Bristol City strikers in recent times, it comes down to the complete lack of goals. 1 goal so far isnt good enough for a Championship forward im afraid. Thats what strikers are judged on.

He does have a decent touch, but.....for an international forward for a team who are supposed to be pushing for the top 6 (according to its manager), I expect a little bit more

Your right its not good enough and I don't think it matters what league you are in.

You seem unwilling to give him a chance though, in his first season a Plymouth Sylvan Ebanks-Blake played 45 games and scored 10 that doesn't seem to dissimilar to the record of Saborio - some people just need more time to bed in than others. If it takes a season to do it properly and get him scoring like Nicky then I have no problem with being patient.

Your right its not good enough and I don't think it matters what league you are in.

You seem unwilling to give him a chance though, in his first season a Plymouth Sylvan Ebanks-Blake played 45 games and scored 10 that doesn't seem to dissimilar to the record of Saborio - some people just need more time to bed in than others. If it takes a season to do it properly and get him scoring like Nicky then I have no problem with being patient.

no no, by all means, im not saying he isnt good enough...im just saying he hasnt been good enough ...if that makes sense? The lad has potential, I would just like to see Clarkson given as much of a chance aswell. He has really impressed me with the limited opportunities he has had so far....would like to see him given more of a shot to

I will tell you why........ he's a bloody lightweight wannabe. According to the main site for the past year, Akinde is 6ft 2ins and weighs a very puny 10st 1lb, thats nearly half a stone lighter than LJ. Opposition backs would knock him over in the CC.

Akinde needs to put on 2 stone in a hurry or BCFC needs to up date their information by 2 stone. Its an absolute joke and insult to fans information.......get it right.

Quite right Bransonmo and the club now admit that his the height and weight given are incompatible , and it does insult fans intelligence, so they are updating the site with more believable data.

It will now show that Akinde is 5' 2" and 10st 1lb. That's more like it!

Errmmm.... have we not got him on a 12 month loan? Damn fine piece of business if he starts firing in month thirteen.

Archived