IGNORED

Tfg

cityboy

If you look at the Blackpool away shirt that they wore on saturday it was very similar to our away shirt. Theirs was black with orange piping where as ours has red. I must say I'm very dissapointed that we couldn't have had a unique design, it seems that TFG have one design and just change the colours around to suit various clubs. I'll still buy the white shirt though because I do like it.

Glad to see that when TFG thought about our away kit for next year they started with a blank page and a whole heap of imagination....

Us

Us?

Not defending TFG, but I'm afraid this is the way of all football kit designers. Even if we were with Nike or Adidas, we would just have a slight variation on the designs they do for their other teams.

Nike in particular are like identikits. Look at Man U's kit this year and compare it with those of Brazil, Portugal and Holland (to name three I can think of off hand).

I'd hazard a guess that, if we were with Nike, we'd have exactly the same kit as Man U, but with white where the black is.

Equally, Adidas went through a period of producing exactly the same kit for every one of their teams and just altering the colours (just as Nike do now, in the main). Images shown below for those who don't remember.

Team_Liverpool_SS_Home_1992-1993-CentenaryTN.JPG92-93marseille_h_f.jpg

As I say, not defending them, but it's how they all work, in the main.

Edit: Sorry, just to add, I'm sure someone with more marketing nous than me will explain this better, but I believe it is called 'corporate identity' i.e. you know a kit is made by Nike without seeing the 'swoosh', because of the design.

Yes, it's samey, but that, as I understand it, is what they aim for.

Couldn't sleep last night and ended up watching football on channel 4 around 4 this morning (well I think that was the time) and one of the teams had exactly the same kit as our "new" white one with the black and red band.

I didn't have the volume up as I didn't want to wake the rest of the house so didnt hear the commentry regarding who was playing but it looked like a South American/Spanish team to me. Anyone else see this?

I expect TFG have been looking worldwide for inspiration! :P

Guest bcfcsols

They thought that to save time theyd use the same kit twice. Only thing is they hoped that as they were two teams at different ends of the country no one would notice. Didnt count on the state of the art technology known as a camera?!

Yes, unfortunately designs to tend to be from the same catalogue.

As mentioned on this thread, even if you go to Nike, you have to choose a kit from the standard range.

Benefit here though is that you get a brand awareness & extra sales benefits.

TFG is a manufacturer, but you can pick many of the designs from their catalogue.

Puma, Joma are more likely to come up with a more individual design.But have to get their kits manufactured at factories throughout the world.

I for one am hoping that 2004/05 will be the last TFG season. :dunno:

Archived