IGNORED

Result Or Performance

grifty

You Decide  

77 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This poll is flawed - it indicates that there is a choice between crap football and a win or a performance and not a result - it is possible to play good football AND get a result.

Yeah but when have we ever done that!?

It's just getting a general idea of what people prefer. Calm down.

This poll is flawed - it indicates that there is a choice between crap football and a win or a performance and not a result - it is possible to play good football AND get a result.

Its not flawed.

If there was an option which included good performance AND result then 100% would choose that, proving nothing.

One thing that I would say, is something I always say to all the teams I've managed over the years, is that if you put on a great performance then the result will take care of itself.

You rarely perform very well and lose, so i'd say performance as it generally goes hand in hand with the result, on the few times we've performed well this season we have gained good results.

Barnsley,Plymouth and Preston (80 mins) spring to mind

One thing that I would say, is something I always say to all the teams I've managed over the years, is that if you put on a great performance then the result will take care of itself.

You rarely perform very well and lose, so i'd say performance as it generally goes hand in hand with the result, on the few times we've performed well this season we have gained good results.

Barnsley,Plymouth and Preston (80 mins) spring to mind

Our first season in champ we were a better footballing side than Stoke.....who got promoted?

Results not performances get you promoted!

Both would be nice though!

:noexpression:

Guest ashtonyate
result, every single bloody time. be nice to win comfortably and smash teams to pieces, but a 1-0 win each week will do me fine

I have just been talking to a lady who with her Husband were season ticket holders last season she did not renew it because of (her words) being bored with the football on offer.

They had held season tickets for years but decided to pay on the day this season they have been to two so far Boro & Wednesday and she said she could not see any differant than last season.

She said and I agree Football is an entertainment paying £50 to watch the game and not enjoying it she has better things to do with her money.

So you must play a style of football to try and win as well as entertain.

Our first season in champ we were a better footballing side than Stoke.....who got promoted?

Results not performances get you promoted!

Both would be nice though!

:noexpression:

We had some great results during that season but oddly I can't remember many great performances. Sheffield United at home springs to mind but I can't remember too many others - we certainly ground out results though. Stoke get a lot of bad press but they do have Liam Lawrence and Matthew Etherington.....

I have heard several people say that they would rather see us play fantastic football and lose 4-3 every week than watch us play shite football and grind out 1-0 wins. I personally think that is crap. Ultimately the result is everything at this level. Anyone can sit here and say i want to see great football whatever the result but after 10 great games of football and 10 defeats they wouldnt be saying it thats for sure!!!!!!!

I have heard several people say that they would rather see us play fantastic football and lose 4-3 every week than watch us play shite football and grind out 1-0 wins. I personally think that is crap. Ultimately the result is everything at this level. Anyone can sit here and say i want to see great football whatever the result but after 10 great games of football and 10 defeats they wouldnt be saying it thats for sure!!!!!!!

Yup agreed.... i certainly didn't hear many happy voices after the "5-goal thriller" against Sheffield United the other weekend.....

In answer to the question both clear.... but it's a chicken and egg thing..... results breed confidence and thus improve performance and whereas if you're performing well you'll mostly get the results you deserve.

However as a team sport things differ because you have to take 11 people playing well at the same time.

Archived