IGNORED

Lets Hope Posh Get Relegated

And Its Smith

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this so far. We need a left winger and one of the best, if not THE best in the league is playing for Peterborough.

Their chairman has ambition so buying George Boyd in January would be difficult or even at the end of the season if they stay up. However, a relegation for Posh may mean Boyd wants to play at a higher level.

He can play as a central striker as well so is adaptable. A goal scoring winger, when was the last time we had one of those? Scott Murray I believe.

I reckon they'd want around 1.5 million if they went down though. Would we pay that? After a big loss over the last season who knows.

Wouldnt mind Mackail-Smith either mind you!

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this so far. We need a left winger and one of the best, if not THE best in the league is playing for Peterborough.

Their chairman has ambition so buying George Boyd in January would be difficult or even at the end of the season if they stay up. However, a relegation for Posh may mean Boyd wants to play at a higher level.

He can play as a central striker as well so is adaptable. A goal scoring winger, when was the last time we had one of those? Scott Murray I believe.

I reckon they'd want around 1.5 million if they went down though. Would we pay that? After a big loss over the last season who knows.

Wouldnt mind Mackail-Smith either mind you!

Before they came up last year they were looking for 5mil. I would imagine as he has done well at this level so far this season they would want the same if not more. They have a rich chairman so money isnt an object like it used to be, Jimmy Bullard to Wigan for 500k was a steal. I think he'd want to leave should he still be there in May and they do go down. Mate who supports Posh i saw today said newcastle were interested for 5mil in January. I've also heard that Spurs have been looking at him too. I dont think he will be in our price range this transfer window or next unles we went up.

Mackail-Smith is out of contract in the summer so they might be looking to make some money back on him as he doesnt want to sign a new contract. He'd prob be closer to the 1.5mil mark as he was also valued at 5mil last season. In the games ive seen him play for Posh he needs so many chances to score, he's not a clinical striker. He needs 4 or 5 chances to score 1 goal, and we dont create that many clear chances for our strikers already so i dont think he'd be a good signing.

They're going to have to do some rebuilding in the window should either of them leave as they only seem to have 3 strikers the over being Aaron Maclean. He'll prob want to jump ship too, look at beginning of last season almost got a move to Wolves. Unles they get some experienced heads in the side they're going to really struggle if they keep it with the young squad.

Who knows i might see them relegated for a 4th time when we play them at the end of March, being a former Posh season ticket holder when i was young from 96-05. Be nice to be with the City fans in the Moyes End instead of the family stand where used to sit with my Dad as he's the Posh fan.

Archived