IGNORED

George Ferguson

Tom Fleuriot

So, as a lentil-muncher myself I have a lot if respect for what he's done. But I opened up the observer earlier and saw his grand plans for an alternative to Ashton Gate and started thinking it's quite offensive that he thinks he can tell City what to do.

So here's my suggestion: George should get the 2000 nimbies together and each of them invest £10,000 (either by unlocking the value of their homes or their pensions in a SERPS scheme). They can then buy the land from City and do whatever the hell they want with it. George can provide any additional cash required to get the ball rolling once they've bought the land.

Put up or shut up in my book.

He did similar when the development of the harbourside by @Bristol was at planning stage. Infact he holds planning permission on that site despite not actually owning the land.

Maybe I should convince him that he'd better off focusing his attentions on the redevelopment of the eventual vacant Sainsbury's site rather than AG ;)

Guest AJ Sylvester
He did similar when the development of the harbourside by @Bristol was at planning stage. Infact he holds planning permission on that site despite not actually owning the land.

Maybe I should convince him that he'd better off focusing his attentions on the redevelopment of the eventual vacant Sainsbury's site rather than AG ;)

Of course he should. It's bloody obvious really.

When Tesco was announced he was luke warm to the idea so he can't oppose the idea of a supermarket on that site. He obviously wants some sustainable housing scheme and the current Sainsbury's site offers that opportunity. He has also said he backs the idea of the new stadium and this would be helping it.

Making designs for land you don't own may be cheeky but as long as he turns his intentions towards the current Sainsbury's site then his efforts could be good.

An architect who has realised that portraying himeself as a man of the people has certain benefits.

Actually I think the media like to portray that. To a person he is pretty humble and decent. He's allowed as much a voice as anyone else, the trouble is the media take his voice as the 'voice of South Bristol'

Archived