IGNORED

Our Fans Today

gazza1982

Yes Ok We Lost Heavy Defeat But It Upsets Me To See Any Fan Leave B4 Fulltime Ovbious Their Money But It Shows No Respect To The Players We Are A Club That Want Success! And You Have To Accept Defeat As Well As Winning Mind!!!

And it does not show disrespect to hardworking supporters who paid in some instances £100+ to follow the team to West Brom and watch crap like that??? I can accept defeat, I've followed City for 35 years. I cannot accept capitulation and Sunday League defending. Neither am I consoling myself with the desperate comfort that our fans sang loudly at 0-4 down.

cant believe the comments about why people left before the end!!! show respect to the players? they went out and played rawful, as said above, over 100 quid spent, and you expect me to show them respect!!!!!

Nothing to do with respect, I spent around the same amount of money and even tho it was a pretty shite day out I wasn't going to waste all that money by going home early. It really does annoy me that spend huge amounts of money following our teamand these players that earn in a month(some even two weeks) earn what I do in a year and on the back of a two week break where some of them probably enjoyed anice short break away come back and dish out shit like that.

Yesterday was a bad day and it hurt but when we win games it makes them victories even sweeter.

I was proud to be a city fan yesterday, the singing for the last half hour was brilliant, some of the best i have ever heard. The chanting was brilliant especially at Green letting his country down - genius! I could see an awful lot of WBA fans applauding us and i bet they were surprised as hell that a team 4-0 down could make so much noise. Many of the fans around me left the game with smiles on their faces instead of being miserable. It just makes me wonder how much noise we will make when we move into the new East End. As i left the ground i thought how boring it must be being a chelsea or manure fan winning every week - i'm just glad that i am a city fan and sat with such a fantastic bunch of supporters yesterday.

Yes Ok We Lost Heavy Defeat But It Upsets Me To See Any Fan Leave B4 Fulltime Ovbious Their Money But It Shows No Respect To The Players We Are A Club That Want Success! And You Have To Accept Defeat As Well As Winning Mind!!!

Defeat I can accept! I knew as soon as I seen McCombe trot out on the pitch though at the start it wasnt going to be our day.

As for the "showing no respect", the fact that so many stayed as long as they did showed plenty of respect. Respect is earned in my opinion, and yesterday, they didnt really earn any in my eyes. Yeah West Brom were a good team, but it was the basics we got wrong. Allowing players to run and cut inside, not closing your man down...its basic stuff. Some of our passing was awful to. It summed it up when the WBA fans started singing the "circus" theme tune!

Yesterday was abysmal, fair play to people on here who are trying to take positives from that game, I failed to see any...apart from maybe Evander Sno

In regards to their comment about us boo-ing the lad who was stretchered off.

I'd say in our defence, we weren't boo-ing the player injured.

It was the fact that it was at that time 0-2 with not long left of the first half. The referee had forced McAllister to go off the pitch to continue treatment earlier and then he allowed their guys to walk across the pitch at funeral pace rather than around it.

The annoyance was at what was perceived at time wasting and poor officiating. Not a player feigning injury.

• Admin
Was there and the support, primarily from about 70 mins onward - after the Albion fans brought out the 'Why the **** are you still here?', was fantastic.

Well done to all those that put in the effort, it is exactly days like today, when your team is down and {in this instance} very much out, that singing/support is most appreciated.

I especially enjoyed, after Hartley scored, 'We're gonna win 5-4, we're gonna win 5-4 . . . . . . . . '

:clapping:

Also our goal came at a time when we were cheering every successful City pass or challenge whilst booing every West Brom touch, a gesture normally reserved for when we are 4-0 up not down.

The players often remark that hearing the support of the fans gives them a boost and I wonder if we'd have got that consolation goal had we not responded to the insult from the Albion fans.

I particularly enjoyed it when we turned previous Albion taunts back against them such as "we forgot that you were here". We may have lost 4-1 but we didn't play that badly (just one less shot than the Albion...albeit it less clear-cut chances) and the last 20 mins of chanting meant we finished on a high. I only get to 3 or 4 away games a season these days and it certainly beat the likes of drawing 0-0 at Barnsley last season for example.

Agree can't understand why people leave early, although it's their prerogative. More interesting though, anyone see the hundreds of WBA supporters leaving early ?

Archived