IGNORED

Rehoming A Dog

Henry

Hi,

I went to the Bristol dogs home (RSPCA) today because I am interested in re homing a dog, but was told i could not home a dog because i live in a maisonette because their rules state it must be a ground floor home. I have half a Victorian house which has been split into two homes. There is one flight of steps to get to the kitchen, bedroom, bathroom and living room.

I was wondering if anyone knows if the rules would be negotiable as I am very keen to re home a rescue dog rather than buying a dog/puppy? I have absolutely fallen in love with a dog their and I am gutted I was told I can't adopt just because I have a flight of stairs when you enter my home, just like most people have to their upstairs. I also have an enclosed garden which access is directly next to my front door, and live in a perfect area to have a dog as I live a 5 minute walk from miles of grass and fields and also a local park.

Could any of this convince them to overlook the fact I have stairs when you first enter my house? Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Archived