IGNORED

Do Some Fans Prefer Us To Lose?

And Its Smith

In your opinion do you think that some fans prefer us to lose so that they can moan and slag off Johnson?  

71 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

agree with DaveF.

Im going to assume that some of my posts on another thread has contributed to you starting this rather ridiculous ppost, so in answer to your questions

No, I hate to see us lose

No, I dont like us signing bad players

and yes, I do agree he is the best manager ive known in my time (28 years)

and in case any other questions might need answering

yes, I am happy with his summer signings this year

yes I think he is still the right man for the job

yes I will be at the next home game and, money permitting, at least one of the next two away games

and yes...I do think he has dropped a bo**ock not signing a left winger :-P

People can vote on what they want and post what they want - but this Poll does seem a bit pointless, as did Ashtonyates (although that seems to ask more of a question) and people criticised that poll - funny thing is after WBA a thread was started "for all the moaners" or something like that which was equally as divisive as Ashtonyates

I like the poll someone did saying - are we having too many polls - that needs running again and then we can stop all this :fastasleep:

We might not all agree but unless someone is a sad closet Gashead on here pretending to support City and stirring stuff up - I would think 98% viewing this forum, posting or just reading it are City fans - so they want City to win always but may have different levels of what is or is not success

It seems to me that there are certain people on here who prefer us to lose and for Johnson to sign a bad player so that they can moan, slag him off and force out the best manager we've had in 30 years. Thoughts?

I think that's the most idiotic post I've ever read.

It seems to me that there are certain people on here who prefer us to lose and for Johnson to sign a bad player so that they can moan, slag him off and force out the best manager we've had in 30 years. Thoughts?

it all comes down to ridiculous statements made by certain people especially during GJ's early days and then trying to justify these ridiculous statements at every opportunity possible and sometimes certain posters even seem to forget postings they made in the past, luckily the more sensible amongst us have better memories.

Moaning and player baiting is very historical at BCFC, A BCFC player from the 1950's once likened running down the wings on both sides of the ground as being like christians being fed to the lions.

it all comes down to ridiculous statements made by certain people especially during GJ's early days and then trying to justify these ridiculous statements at every opportunity possible and sometimes certain posters even seem to forget postings they made in the past, luckily the more sensible amongst us have better memories.

Moaning and player baiting is very historical at BCFC, A BCFC player from the 1950's once likened running down the wings on both sides of the ground as being like christians being fed to the lions.

Fair enough - but if you read other forums we are all the same - supporters everywhere moan - Liverpool FAns, Hull Fans I heard Wolves fans moaning this weekend - it just happens no point saying City fans are worse - we are not -

Fair enough - but if you read other forums we are all the same - supporters everywhere moan - Liverpool FAns, Hull Fans I heard Wolves fans moaning this weekend - it just happens no point saying City fans are worse - we are not -

Not suggesting we are, however i'm sure we can all name the usual suspects who are just waiting to pounce within minutes of every set back, but after a good result usually wait until the next day to find their negative.

I don't think any BCFC fan wants us to lose, however sometimes with certain people it does make you wonder.

I don't think any City fan wants us to lose, that is just a ridiculous statement.

What some fans want though, is GJ to recognise that some of his tactics/team selections/substitutions have been dubious at best, at the moment he seems to have sorted the team selection problems, which is good.

GJ has to have the guts to go for it, pick attacking tactics/selections/substitutions, he has it in his locker to get us to the promised land but everything just needs tweaking a little to get the full potential from our squad.

BCAGFC

If you invite 2 700 people to a party you can't hide away, lock yourself in to a room not talking to anyone.

So, when the beautiful girl ask for a dance you better perform and do it bloody good. If not it might well have been you last dance.

We are talking about players who earn astronomic money and all they are asked to do is to kick a ball once a week.

If you invite 2 700 people to a party you can't hide away, lock yourself in to a room not talking to anyone.

So, when the beautiful girl ask for a dance you better perform and do it bloody good. If not it might well have been you last dance.

We are talking about players who earn astronomic money and all they are asked to do is to kick a ball once a week.

Are you Eric Cantona in disguise?

People say "what a ridulous post/poll" but its nearly 50/50. Not so stupid maybe.

Obviously I dont mean that some fans turn up and are happy when we let in a last minute equaliser or loser but there are people that are only happy when they moan. There are fans who dont want Johnson here for whatever reason and every loss gives them strength.

Johnson says today that he is looking for a left winger and has been since the summer and we get these people saying "we've known this since the summer, how come Johnson didnt?" HE DID, HE JUST COULDNT FIND THE CORRECT PLAYER.

There are many more stupid threads and posts on this forum than this one.

Guest ashtonyate
People say "what a ridulous post/poll" but its nearly 50/50. Not so stupid maybe.

Obviously I dont mean that some fans turn up and are happy when we let in a last minute equaliser or loser but there are people that are only happy when they moan. There are fans who dont want Johnson here for whatever reason and every loss gives them strength.

Johnson says today that he is looking for a left winger and has been since the summer and we get these people saying "we've known this since the summer, how come Johnson didnt?" HE DID, HE JUST COULDNT FIND THE CORRECT PLAYER.

Perhaps you should be asking yourself why people like me come on here and post the things they do a lot of fans see the play offs as there goal. To me and a few more its the type of football we play is the important thing and make no mistake there are a lot of fans who have watch City over the years are not impressed with the football on offer,and will not be renewing there season tickets.

I think a poll that says ''do fans expect/want to much from this club'' would better describe some members of our fanbase.

Saying fans want us to lose is way off the mark, the 99.9% of people that go to AG to support the club of course want us to win (yes im including Ashton Yate in that perecentage!).

It just proves there are at least 20 people who agree with stupid posts, that's all.

I'm unsurprised at that considering some of the simple minded posters on here who view any criticism at all no matter how constructive or accurate to mean that the person who makes it thinks the manager is the spawn of satan and wants the club to explode in a small mushroom cloud.

It's a completely ludicrous suggestion in every way and a sad indictment of the inability of some posters to actually argue the point being made on it's merits.

Well Johnson said it, so it must be true...and has nothing to do with him saving face then? Now, I DO want Johnson here, he is a good manager and is taking the club in the right direction....I just think that, if he had got rid of his normal "stubborn attitude" a while back, we would be in a lot better position then we are now. Its been 5/6 months, probally longer then that as I bet Gary knew towards the end of last season McIndoe was on his way.....I dont believe any club, if they were looking that hard, would take this long to find a decent enough player for a position.

Im dont get why some people cant admit when Johnson makes a mistake. Ill always give the bloke credit when he gets things right, this doesnt make him untouchable when he makes an obvious boo boo

No I don't believe they want City to lose. But some people are so full of self importance that they want everybody to hear their (so they believe) insightful opinions and of course love it when those opinions are proved right in one way or another. However, to offer insightful opinions and suggestions of a positive nature is actually quite difficult, so they resort to the much easier option of criticism and negativity. Anyone can find faults with things, it's easy, and if proved wrong everybody else will be too happy at the success to remember* the criticism.

*Unless of course it's something really stupid like calling Johnson a "Conference Manager".

No I don't believe they want City to lose. But some people are so full of self importance that they want everybody to hear their (so they believe) insightful opinions and of course love it when those opinions are proved right in one way or another. However, to offer insightful opinions and suggestions of a positive nature is actually quite difficult, so they resort to the much easier option of criticism and negativity. Anyone can find faults with things, it's easy, and if proved wrong everybody else will be too happy at the success to remember* the criticism.

*Unless of course it's something really stupid like calling Johnson a "Conference Manager".

my god its a forum for christ sake, if every body had the same opinions you wouldnt come on here would you

It has nothing to do with with people being "full of self importance". Its a board where people can discuss what they think, and air their frustrations when they want to.

Nobody "loves it" when they are proved right about something negative. I dont "love it" because I was one of the many fans who said the lack of width would come back and bite us on the back side! I dont "love it" because I really believe with more width and a bit more creativity in the team we would have won against teams like Peterbrough and Scunny at home! What I do "Love" though is we are sniffing round the play-off positions and its still early doors, and if Gary gets a wide man in, I think it can really push us on this year.

When it comes to praising Johnson, its not difficult to give credit where credits due. I was the first to praise his tactics at Newcastle, and his tactical substituions against Plymouth (you know, when he started playing with a bit of width). Gary is a good manager, but has a track record of being stubborn as hell

Archived