IGNORED

Sno.

_Bristol-City_

He needs to be playing in the middle if we want the best out of him. Getting wasted on the wing.

Agree'd with this, but in my opinion he can have his off days, but he's probabily the only Player we got out on the field who can and is willing to try and beat people. Thats what we need, someone with the confidence to attack another player and get past on his own, even if sometimes he does loose it, at least he is trying to do something no-one else does......

But my own opinion about him, I like him (Y)

Currently dont rate him at all.

Poor first touch , gives the ball away alot and wont take a shot when in a prime position but then again no one else seems to want to shoot either apart from Nicky.

Agreed he is totally out of place on he L/wing but when he plays centrally he just seems to run in to peolpe like a bulldozer , not exactly your creative /flare player i thought we were getting.

He needs to play centrally as an attacking midfielder at the head of a three or in behind the front man, his vision, passing and control are superb but he is wasted wide.

People who think he slows us down need to pay attention to how often we lose the ball in the final third when it goes through him and when it doesn't, and also notice how many markers the opposition put on him.

I completely agree. He's a fine footballer but he is not a winger, its as simple as that! When playign Centrally I think he's done very well and I don't think he slows us down at all! I think he gets back far more than a lot of people on here give him credit for. Surely if question marks are being raised about Sno slowing us down going forward then surely people should be targetting Elliot, I mean he frequently slows down our attacks in recent weeks!

Incredible. Do we have a "Drogba" up front terrorising defenders running them all over the place? A "lampard" in midfield consistently getting past the forwards into goalscoring positions?

Just out of interest, how many wide players did WBA (The team that just stuffed us 4-1) play with?

We are no Chelsea. Perhaps if we were dominating the Championship I could see where he is coming from........

Deep breaths Kibs. Why not read what was written before ranting!

All I said was that he wasnt wrong that Chelsea play narrow football succesfully. I didnt say that we were as good as Chelsea and nor did Johnson.

IF I was the manager he would be on the bench on Saturday. He looks off the pace and at times pedestrian. I do not doubt the guys talent and I'm sure he will come back stronger, but a little shake up I believe is called for

Hartley

Skuse

Williams

Looks like a much better option right now for a midfield three and assuming Bradley Orr will be fit for Saturday...Also I cant help thining Elliot is not doing it in midfield...But he is an option as cover at Full-Back as he has decent amount of experience there...

Deep breaths Kibs. Why not read what was written before ranting!

All I said was that he wasnt wrong that Chelsea play narrow football succesfully. I didnt say that we were as good as Chelsea and nor did Johnson.

Deep breath followed by an even bigger sigh.

I did read it - thanks though - hence the reply. I wasnt ranting - just pointing out that it is pointless comparing our system to chelsea's because of the immense quality they have throughout the team.

You and Johnson both implied that Chelsea play succcessfully without wingers so why shouldnt we - why else would you both refer to the fact that Chelsea are successfull without wingers?

2 Wingers for Christmas and I will be made up.

He needs to play centrally as an attacking midfielder at the head of a three or in behind the front man, his vision, passing and control are superb but he is wasted wide.

People who think he slows us down need to pay attention to how often we lose the ball in the final third when it goes through him and when it doesn't, and also notice how many markers the opposition put on him.

Why don't we shove Paul Hartley out on the left, stick Louis Carey up front and Nicky Maynard at left back.

The fact is Evander Sno is not and never has been a left sided midfielder, he plays centrally, and until he gets to play in that position for a number of games, then we will contine to chuck away a huge advantage for our team.

Gary Johnson is only learning that Sno can't play out of position, surely playing all of our players in there correct position, i.e Skuse playing in the central midfielder and not wing back or rightback or centre half, then we give them a chance and more importantly give ourselves a chance.

We did this to Noble, we did continue to do this to Williams and Skuse, we are playing players out of position because Gary dropped a clanger in the summer by not succeeding in getting players for the wide areas.

What they said :clap:

Most times I've seen Sno he's been my MoM. Normally he plays just left of centre rather than on the wing.

Haven't seen any away games but haven't missed any home ones for a while. Don't know if I'm watching different matches or people here don't appreciate a player who is:

1. Perfect target man.

2. Almost impossible to tackle.

3. Good at defending.

4. Fairly good long range passer.

5. Great header of the ball.

6. Can score.

I don't think it's so much Sno who needs to adjust (though his stamina sucks atm). I think it's players who need to adjust to his game and take advantage of this amazing asset.

Still think we should pay up to £2.5m for him.

Most times I've seen Sno he's been my MoM. Normally he plays just left of centre rather than on the wing.

Haven't seen any away games but haven't missed any home ones for a while. Don't know if I'm watching different matches or people here don't appreciate a player who is:

1. Perfect target man.

3. Good at defending.

6. Can score.

I don't think it's so much Sno who needs to adjust (though his stamina sucks atm). I think it's players who need to adjust to his game and take advantage of this amazing asset.

Crikey, i nearly burst out laughing reading that. Where do you watch your football at Ashton Gate? In the bar?.

1. Perfect target man.

3. Good at defending.

6. Can score.

You're watching different matches. Is one team in red? If not, you might not be at AG.

I'd agree with 2 above but haven't seen any of the others.

Strangely, I think he is a really class player (like you). He is strong and tough to tackle. He rarely wastes the ball and can pick out a pass. I haven't seen any evidence he can shoot but he's Dutch so he must have that ability since it is innate for them.

The problem is that he is being played in a position that does not suit his strengths (plus in a division which is new to him). I'd either play him in the middle (head of the diamond) or not at all. Putting a good player in the wrong position is bad for everyone.

You're watching different matches. Is one team in red? If not, you might not be at AG.

I'd agree with 2 above but haven't seen any of the others.

Strangely, I think he is a really class player (like you). He is strong and tough to tackle. He rarely wastes the ball and can pick out a pass. I haven't seen any evidence he can shoot but he's Dutch so he must have that ability since it is innate for them.

Well that's about 3 on my list excluding scoring. He did score at Barnsley tho. ;)

Heading-wise, I'm talking about jump balls. His opposition man tends to bounce off him. First match I saw Sno play I'm pretty sure every header he went up for, the other guy ended up on his arse. :D

The problem is that he is being played in a position that does not suit his strengths (plus in a division which is new to him). I'd either play him in the middle (head of the diamond) or not at all. Putting a good player in the wrong position is bad for everyone.

This seems to have become the mantra on this board - at least since no-one's blaming LJ any more and absolutely shocked someone suggested bringing him back.

Sno's "position" is defensive midfielder, but according to Wikipedia, he's always been played in different positions. He is best used in a floating role with smart, passing midfielders (Hartley or LJ) supporting him and covering the gaps IMHO but I'm not the boss and I don't get to watch him in practice. As I said, he is the perfect target man. The past 2 seasons of practicing hoofing the ball up the field are suddenly worth something. :whistle:

He has also said that Chelsea have done well by playing narrow, implying that having the option of wide players may not be that critical.

He should know better than to draw comparisons between us and Chelsea, all due respect to our lads but they are not of similar ilk to the Chelsea players and he is nowhere near the standard of manager as Ancelloti (sp), who's knowledge of the game and tactical awareness are in a different league......literally!

He should know better than to draw comparisons between us and Chelsea, all due respect to our lads but they are not of similar ilk to the Chelsea players and he is nowhere near the standard of manager as Ancelloti (sp), who's knowledge of the game and tactical awareness are in a different league......literally!

You don't need to be a professional or have any coaching badges whatsoever to know that Chelsea's system works because they have two full backs who are almost as good as out and out wingers when they bomb forward. We, on the other hand, dont. We have players like Bradley Orr who is fantastic defensively and less than perfect when he is attacking - therefore he benefits from having an attacking wideman in front of him.

Our players are simply not quick enough in thought or sharp enough in movement to play a diamond effectively on a consistent basis. Chelsea's are.

I assume most of the opposing fans muct have their eyes shut then because they all seem to think he's quite good. And I said you watch the games in the Dolman, you just happen to watch it in the Dolman bar :innocent06:

I think what is frustrating many supporters with Sno is that we've seen what the boy can do, where his strengths are and what he is not so good at and would maybe like to see him played in a position where there is less requirement for him to "track back" and more emphasis on doing some damage around, near or in the opposition penalty box.

I think what is frustrating many supporters with Sno is that we've seen what the boy can do, where his strengths are and what he is not so good at and would maybe like to see him played in a position where there is less requirement for him to "track back" and more emphasis on doing some damage around, near or in the opposition penalty box.

If he was a little more aware of his surroundings, he would be good.

Thats a fair point, and I started off sticking up for him by saying that he isn't fullfilling his potential because he's having to play out of position, such as at West Brom on the weekend. However when Ajax came to the Gate when played as a holding midfielder, didn't you think he controlled the game superbly? And that was exactly around the opposton's box, in fact he barely left the centre circle!

I assume most of the opposing fans muct have their eyes shut then because they all seem to think he's quite good. And I said you watch the games in the Dolman, you just happen to watch it in the Dolman bar :innocent06:

The opposing fans all think he is quite good cause he keeps giving their team the ball !!

Good one. In which games did he consistently give the ball away again? Remind me...

Particulary against Peterborough and Sheff wed , dont get me wrong i would love to see him be the maestro he is hyped up to be by some on here but on current form he is not living up to the hype.

Particulary against Peterborough and Sheff wed , dont get me wrong i would love to see him be the maestro he is hyped up to be by some on here but on current form he is not living up to the hype.

I couldn't agree more that he's not living up to the hype, but tbf the hype was based on one performance against a team that wasn't fully fit. He's still IMO one of the most talented, if not the most talented, player we have and is an asset to our team. And I don't remember him being very bad in these games, I'd say he's far better and more positive on the ball than Elliot atm.

Archived