IGNORED

Midlands City Fans

StapleHillPhil

The small band of Birmingham based City fans are getting together to watch the game on Saturday evening. If you can easily get into Birmingham then why not join us?

We'll be watching the match in the Sports Cafe on Broad Street. This is a 5-10 minute walk from New Street Station and very easy to find.

At the moment I think the turnout is approaching double figures so it should be a good atmosphere with plenty of beers flowing.

If you want any further details then drop a message to my inbox.

Cheers,

Phil

Just bumping this one to the top.

We'll be getting there at around 5.30 so please join us! Like Phil (Kings_Norton_Red) said there should be 10+ people coming and the more the merrier!

Let's cheer the City boys to victory - would love to meet any more Midlands City fans.

Please come down wolverhampton cider ed!

Guest wolverhampton cider ed

Will make an effort ill have aword with the others.

BCFC take over Brum land.

They definetly showing it there?

Will make an effort ill have aword with the others.

BCFC take over Brum land.

They definetly showing it there?

They show just about everything so I'd be stunned if they weren't. I'll pop in on the way home tomorrow just to be on the safe side.

If not then I'm sure somewhere else on Broad Street will have it on(Springboks Bar, Merchant Stores, Walkabout).

They show just about everything so I'd be stunned if they weren't.  I'll pop in on the way home tomorrow just to be on the safe side.

I went in the Sports Cafe at lunch and was faced with a dopey Yank who had no idea what was I was talking about when I asked if they were showing the 2nd Div Playoffs. Two minutes later I'd spoken to the boss who not only confirmed they'd show it, but he also reserved me 10 seats in the big room at the rear.

I'll be there from 5pm with a couple of others for a few nerve calming drinks.

I went in the Sports Cafe at lunch and was faced with a dopey Yank who had no idea what was I was talking about when I asked if they were showing the 2nd Div Playoffs. Two minutes later I'd spoken to the boss who not only confirmed they'd show it, but he also reserved me 10 seats in the big room at the rear.

I'll be there from 5pm with a couple of others for a few nerve calming drinks.

It's all sorted then! Cheers for checking, Phil.

There must be some more forumites in the West Midlands - where's the yellow subber Midland Red from? Anywhere round here?

Gutted!! I'd love to be there, although i committed myself to my mate's 21st in Cheltenham on Sat Night. I've been promised I can watch the tv in the corner if I dont cheer or shout!!! Gits!!!!

So how many Reds are actually around the midland way then?

can you wear shirts in there? maybe a stupid qu for a sports cafe but tis sat evening and all that. should be another two joining you.

up the city!

Excellent stuff.

Will look forward to meeting some more Brummie Reds! I'm not entirely sure about the shirt thing - I'd like to wear mine but I suspect we'll move on after the footie and it will turn into a full-blown night out. I expect they'll be fine with shirts that time of night, but if you wanted to move on elsewhere later, it could be problematic. I know for a fact Phil (Kings_Norton_Red) will be wearing his Incider Tinman t shirt.

We'll be in the back room from 5 onwards.

Midland Red lives in Nettos in Bedminster,however I am likely to make the effort from Worcester if the trains are ok

If we aint wearing shirts I'll listen for proper accents,it has been suggested the i wear a marigold but that wouldn't go down well in Brum

:rolleyes:

Guest SuttonRed

I'll certainly be there! I know kings and East brum, both sound lads, even my little brother's coming up form bristol to watch! and from what i've heard it looks like a dozen to fifteen now!

Anyone in the vicinity of Brimingham Saturday evening should pop in, it should be a cracker!

Roll on saturday!!!!!!!!!

I'll certainly be there! I know kings and East brum, both sound lads, even my little brother's coming up form bristol to watch! and from what i've heard it looks like a dozen to fifteen now!

Anyone in the vicinity of Brimingham Saturday evening should pop in, it should be a cracker!

For years I thought you lived in Surrey!

I dont think i've ever been called a 'Sound Lad' before. Indeed I believe the last time I saw you I was accused of being on day release from a care in the community programme.

Boro Graham* wants to watch the scores come in on Sky so there is a chance I may be in town by 3pm although I'll need clearance for such an early drinking licence. It'll be 5pm at the latest nomatter what.

* This was the incredibly drunk bloke, with a North East accent, who spent the entire 90 mins shouting that the seats at Port Vale look like puke in our game there two seasons ago. I apologise if anybody was unfortunate enough to be sat near him that day.

Guest SuttonRed

To be fair phil the way you looked at the sheffield Wednesday game, I think anyone would be worried!

as for getting there for 4ish, it looks ok depending on when my brother gets here!

[For years I thought you lived in Surrey!]

God god no, west midlands and erm..... proud?

Brilliant turn-out.

There was about 15 guys in the Sports Cafe in Birmingham. We were singing all the songs. We TOOK OVER BIRMINGHAM!

The pictures will follow.

The Brum City fans thought that 1-1 was a fair result. I think that it goes without saying that the referee was a complete disgrace. Even the commentator thought the same....

Archived