IGNORED

The Ref...

BB in Backwell

I must have missed the disallowed goal. Can't remember any goals disallowed, or even fouls given when their keeper went flapping. To be honest the ref did well there, about 3 oportunities where I think 80% of refs would give a foul because they see a keeper on the floor, and he didn't give any.

On first site at the ground I thought there was maybe a case for offside for the goal, I thought the player was level with Gerken, and therefore impeding. Having seen it on Sky he was well behind and out of the way, simple case of Gerken not saving a shot that he really should have.

I am struggling to think of any free kicks given that I couldn't see why they were given. McCalisters and Sproules bookings, although soft, at the end of the day they were both being idiots.

Referee was average today - don't think he will be getting marked down by any inspectors. I think no blame for the defeat today lies at his feet, soley at our own.

Yeah my mistake. Turns out Haynes shot into the side netting towards the end of the first half so fair play to Mr Hall for not being a total a hole. The rest still applies, he is fussy and the only wonder is how he didn't contrive to send off one of our players- he usually does.

By the rules of the game the referee was 100% SPOT ON to overule the lino. The lino only had a side on view, saw a player in an offside position and (correctly) raised his flag to draw it to the attention of the ref. The ref, unfortunately, also had a good view and saw that the Sheffield United player was NOT INTERFERING with play. By the rules that means a goal has to be given.

Like it or lump it, the referee was correct.

As Bill Shankley once said, if you're not interfering with play, what are you doing on the pitch?

Archived