IGNORED

Ok Let's See

Esmond Million's Bung

if the hypocrites who wanted to sacrifice results for excitement come on to moan tonight.

The first twenty minutes were entertaining. Then we became Billy Smart's circus at the back for the remainder of the first half. Then there was some good football for another 15 minutes when we had enough chances to get something out of the match and then we wasted 20 minutes by not having any width. Injury time again was like a circus performance.

The fact that you are linking today's defeat with providing entertainment tells me that you didn't step anywhere near Ashton Gate today to be honest. Because entertainment has nothing to do with McCombe's shocking performance or Gerken's weak punch for the first goal. You seem to think that you can only be exciting if you make mistakes and lose football matches which, quite frankly, is a bizarre train of thought.

If we had a decent wide player in our side today I think we would have destroyed Sheffield (and excited everyone in the process) but unfortunately we have built a squad full of centre halves, central midfield players and centre forwards. The one thing we lack is wide players but it seems to me that our manager doesn't believe in them. Which I think is a shame.

We need to get McCombe, Johnson, Brian Wilson, Sproule (obviously not deemed good enough to start by GJ) and a centre forward off of our books permanently and replace them with a couple of CHAMPIONSHIP STANDARD wide players. That would give our squad a more balanced look in my view. Less quantity and more quality would see us fine.

I would take a couple of results like today if the standard of the football is lifted over the course of the season - no doubt about that.

Now do you fancy a debate on this football forum or do you only limit yourself to cocky, sarcastic one liners?

if the hypocrites who wanted to sacrifice results for excitement come on to moan tonight.

Do you honestly believe we lost that game because we were trying to play more entertaining football? I thought it was down to some shocking defending.

Archived