IGNORED

The Ballshank Redemption

greenun

I think what is frustrating many people is that they see Jamie McCombe as blocking the route into first team football for James Wilson. If James Wilson is going to be as good as everyone, including the coaching staff at the club, thinks he is then something has to give otherwise we will see a disillusioned young lad bugger off at the end of the season (Same for Ribiero) and possibly end up playing at a higher level via someone else.

And if James Wilson really has less composure on the football than Jamie McCombe then I have to question what all the fuss is about and why we are even paying the lad a wage.

McCombe has been awful for the whole of this season so far. Going back into the not so distant past it was his cock-up at the back that cost us the clean sheet at home to plymouth, and his individual errors that have been costing us goals in the past few games. Sure he can head the ball in at the other end but i'm confident the amount of errors made, compared to goals scored doesn't equal out.

As to his 'Hoofball' tactics, a point made earlier on in the thread about players deserting him once he has the ball at feet is very true. Maybe if someone, like Hartley or Lj was to give him a short range pass along the ground we could become more creative from the back, instead of an ariel pass 40 yrads up the pitch aimed at maynard or haynes which ends up being intercepted, and McCombe creating more pressure on himself.

Archived