IGNORED

Am I Missing The Whole Point Of A Forum.

Tinmansleftboot

I've been a member of this forum since the early days and I've never read so much garbage in all my life.

I'm not talking about the people, in which I'm one of them, that are questioning our precious leader but the overly sensitive, self proclaimed ' true fans ' , whatever that means.

Surely everybody is entitled to an opinion about how the club is run, the way we play and what they think of GJ.

When I logged on today I read through some of the posts and couldn't help but shake my head in disbelief at the number of people who wanted to delete their accounts as they didn't feel this forum was a true representation of BCFC. This whole concept flies in the face of what a forum is, I agree that they have their opinion, but I can't help think it's a knee jerk reaction.

I've been irritated by this forum in the past but I've managed to live through that difficult stage of my life and now I feel stronger for it :innocent06:

I've, as I'm sure many of you have, been all over the country on wet, windy Tuesdays in December to watch City play some pretty dire stuff in some quite awful towns and cities. We've had some great moments like the 5-4 Mansfield epic and we've had some real stinkers - too many to mention - but we all have a common desire. We want to see City improve.

We all have our own ideas of how things should be done at Ashton Gate but surely that's what makes this one of the best forums out there. In fact, surely that's what's great about following a club like City.

To finish off, I'd love somebody yo reply to this that can actually justify what a true fan is. Is is somebody that buys the kit every season, somebody who never misses a match or is it simply somebody who cares. I have my own ideas. I'd be interested to know yours.

Oh, I've added the definition of a forum to the end of this post. Thought it might come in handy.

fo·rum (fôrm, fr-)

n. pl. fo·rums also fo·ra (fôr, fr)

a. The public square or marketplace of an ancient Roman city that was the assembly place for judicial activity and public business.

b. A public meeting place for open discussion.

c. A medium for open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a newspaper, a radio or television program, or a website.

2. A public meeting or presentation involving a discussion usually among experts and often including audience participation.

3. A court of law; a tribunal.

I've been a member of this forum since the early days and I've never read so much garbage in all my life.

I'm not talking about the people, in which I'm one of them, that are questioning our precious leader but the overly sensitive, self proclaimed ' true fans ' , whatever that means.

Surely everybody is entitled to an opinion about how the club is run, the way we play and what they think of GJ.

When I logged on today I read through some of the posts and couldn't help but shake my head in disbelief at the number of people who wanted to delete their accounts as they didn't feel this forum was a true representation of BCFC. This whole concept flies in the face of what a forum is, I agree that they have their opinion, but I can't help think it's a knee jerk reaction.

I've been irritated by this forum in the past but I've managed to live through that difficult stage of my life and now I feel stronger for it :innocent06:

I've, as I'm sure many of you have, been all over the country on wet, windy Tuesdays in December to watch City play some pretty dire stuff in some quite awful towns and cities. We've had some great moments like the 5-4 Mansfield epic and we've had some real stinkers - too many to mention - but we all have a common desire. We want to see City improve.

We all have our own ideas of how things should be done at Ashton Gate but surely that's what makes this one of the best forums out there. In fact, surely that's what's great about following a club like City.

To finish off, I'd love somebody yo reply to this that can actually justify what a true fan is. Is is somebody that buys the kit every season, somebody who never misses a match or is it simply somebody who cares. I have my own ideas. I'd be interested to know yours.

Oh, I've added the definition of a forum to the end of this post. Thought it might come in handy.

fo·rum (fôrm, fr-)

a. The public square or marketplace of an ancient Roman city that was the assembly place for judicial activity and public business.

c. A medium for open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a newspaper, a radio or television program, or a website.

2. A public meeting or presentation involving a discussion usually among experts and often including audience participation.

You've been a member of the forum long enough to know that despite th number of active members representing about 1% of our average attendance, they are the voice of people? I've been going to City for years and yet i only know one other member on here and he doesn't even talk to me! I do wonder who the forumites are in real life?

Surely you've become battle hardened to the holier than though attitude of lots of people on here?

p.s you won't read this until next week as apparently i'm being moderated?

fo·rum (fôrm, fr-)

Agreed. Good post.

You've been a member of the forum long enough to know that despite th number of active members representing about 1% of our average attendance, they are the voice of people? I've been going to City for years and yet i only know one other member on here and he doesn't even talk to me! I do wonder who the forumites are in real life?

Surely you've become battle hardened to the holier than though attitude of lots of people on here?

p.s you won't read this until next week as apparently i'm being moderated?

Yet if the supporters trust did a survey of 150 fans then that would probably be sufficient.

I was at the game and the same stuff that has been said on here was also said in the ground and in the pub after the game.

I agree with the original poster. Too much over sensitivity occurs on here. Too many people simply do not accept that others may have a different viewpoint and instead of debating it they get personal or try and rubbish what the poster is saying. There are a couple of posters on here who literally only post sarcastic one liners in response to opinions they disagree with - they are the very worst type of "posters" (use the term loosely) and are often the catalyst that causes genuine threads to be removed as they stoke up emotions and cause things to become personal.

I think Gary Johnson has done a great job for this club overall

I also think his team selection and style of play is far too cautious at times

I also think GJ's criticisms/removal from the ground of fans are pointless and do him no credit whatsoever

And I don't think that Jamie McCombe and Lee Johnson should be playing Championship football on a regular basis

If you want to debate that then great - but why do people start up topics like "OK, lets see" where all they are hoping to achieve is trying to catch out people who have complained about lack of entertainment to see if they moan at a 3-2 defeat (as if the two are inextricably linked in some way). That is the sort of poor posting that ruins this forum in my view.

By the way my definition of a true fan is someone who supports the club AS BEST THEY CAN IN THEIR INDIVIDUAL CIRCUMSTANCES.

Yet if the supporters trust did a survey of 150 fans then that would probably be sufficient.

Don't get me wrong, i do enjoy the forum and the vast majority of people seem decent enough (yourself included). Yet, of the demigrphic i would say i watch city with, most don't know about this place and and the ones that do just mock it (and myself) for the attitude of most of the people on here.

The trust is slightly different. Some of my mates are members but not members of the forum. I would imagine that the demograpgic of the trust is different to that of the forum (i'm not saying vastly).

I was at the game and the same stuff that has been said on here was also said in the ground and in the pub after the game.

I'm not to sure what you're reffering to here as i have know idea which one of the polarised opinions you refer to. Right now the forum lurches from extreme to the other, often ending up in slanging match.

Anyway. Despite the rain, the world seems less harsh then yesterday at 5.

For my two pence, in Johnson we trust.

I we are struggling next Christmas (and by that i mean in real danger of going down, NO WE ARE NOT IN REAL DANGER OF GOING DOWN BEFORE ANYONE POSTS "AND WE'RE NOT ALREADY?") then i may make a claim that the good ship JOhnson has run it's course.

Archived