IGNORED

Seriously, Sort Yourselves Out

nebristolred

That goes out to all the pathetic fans on here. I don't post here much but I read a lot, and some of the comments here are ludicrous, the best of which surely has to be "Give Johnson until the end of Jan". Yeah, that makes sense. The guy who got us promoted, to the brink of the Premier League, and who has built us our best squad for 30 years, and get rid of him? And replace him with who? Colin W****r? You get my point.

I don't normally bite to comments but this forum, at times, makes me embarrassed to be a City fan. The team just get slated week after week if they don't put in a great performance, and it's completely uncalled for. Granted, if they play badly, comment on it, say what you think is bad, but don't suggest sacking our manager. We're 12th in the Championship for God's sake, with a squad built on pennies compared to some of the clubs in this division. Our expectations are far too high.

It's the personal comments that bother me most though. Imagine what it must feel like for a player low on confidence to come on here and read constant negative comments about himself on here? It's not going to help, and all this negativity is counter productive. By all means give constructive criticism but I really wish this place would stop acting like we've been relegated at every defeat.

Rant over. And just so you know, the sensible fans are still well and truely behind you GJ, and all the players.

That goes out to all the pathetic fans on here. I don't post here much but I read a lot, and some of the comments here are ludicrous, the best of which surely has to be "Give Johnson until the end of Jan". Yeah, that makes sense. The guy who got us promoted, to the brink of the Premier League, and who has built us our best squad for 30 years, and get rid of him? And replace him with who? Colin W****r? You get my point.

I don't normally bite to comments but this forum, at times, makes me embarrassed to be a City fan. The team just get slated week after week if they don't put in a great performance, and it's completely uncalled for. Granted, if they play badly, comment on it, say what you think is bad, but don't suggest sacking our manager. We're 12th in the Championship for God's sake, with a squad built on pennies compared to some of the clubs in this division. Our expectations are far too high.

It's the personal comments that bother me most though. Imagine what it must feel like for a player low on confidence to come on here and read constant negative comments about himself on here? It's not going to help, and all this negativity is counter productive. By all means give constructive criticism but I really wish this place would stop acting like we've been relegated at every defeat.

Rant over. And just so you know, the sensible fans are still well and truely behind you GJ, and all the players.

This forum is about opinions and you are always going to get those who support GJ blindly and those who use OTIB as a vehicle to vent their anti-GJ views. I'm afraid that if the forum winds you up this much then you have a misunderstanding of the diversity of opinions that we all have.

I, for example, am very dissappointed by the performance and for a club that is losing £8m a year, 12th in the league is not good enough. I am not advocating the sacking of GJ or anything like that, but trust me, GJ would be the first to say that 12th is nowhere near good enough with the size of our wage bill.

Sno and Hartley are both on big money and it is frustrating that he plays a defensive midfielder on the left wing where he hasn't got a clue. It is frustrating that we play with no width. It is frustrating that he continues to start Jamie McCombe when he is clearly not good enough.

We are unwilling to try and play with intensity and energy in the first half and play negative football, shown in the fact that we have only scored 22 goals in 18 games, which is poor.

Whilst the odd (and i stress the word odd) post tonight has been out of order and personal abuse, the vast majority are from fans like myself who totally believe in GJ and what he has achieved but are merely frustrated by the above points that we all see on a Saturday.

Do not read frustration and annoyance meaning we all want GJ to go. Some of us just want GJ to accept the mistakes of the formation and tactics this season, play players in their proper position and actually show some energy in the first half. Are any of those unreasonable expectations of a team with six or seven internationals and arguably the best striker in the league?

We have the best squad since we have been in the CCC and are performing as a mid table side. That is not good enough and if we finish 12th this season, it would not have been a good season.

This forum is about opinions and you are always going to get those who support GJ blindly and those who use OTIB as a vehicle to vent their anti-GJ views. I'm afraid that if the forum winds you up this much then you have a misunderstanding of the diversity of opinions that we all have.

I, for example, am very dissappointed by the performance and for a club that is losing £8m a year, 12th in the league is not good enough. I am not advocating the sacking of GJ or anything like that, but trust me, GJ would be the first to say that 12th is nowhere near good enough with the size of our wage bill.

Sno and Hartley are both on big money and it is frustrating that he plays a defensive midfielder on the left wing where he hasn't got a clue. It is frustrating that we play with no width. It is frustrating that he continues to start Jamie McCombe when he is clearly not good enough.

We are unwilling to try and play with intensity and energy in the first half and play negative football, shown in the fact that we have only scored 22 goals in 18 games, which is poor.

Whilst the odd (and i stress the word odd) post tonight has been out of order and personal abuse, the vast majority are from fans like myself who totally believe in GJ and what he has achieved but are merely frustrated by the above points that we all see on a Saturday.

Do not read frustration and annoyance meaning we all want GJ to go. Some of us just want GJ to accept the mistakes of the formation and tactics this season, play players in their proper position and actually show some energy in the first half. Are any of those unreasonable expectations of a team with six or seven internationals and arguably the best striker in the league?

We have the best squad since we have been in the CCC and are performing as a mid table side. That is not good enough and if we finish 12th this season, it would not have been a good season.

Spot on my friend.

This whole debate started with a ' Is Gary Johnson the man to take us on to the next level. '

I happen to think he's not. The endless posts about his previous achievements are rendered redundant with this question. It's surely a yes or no answer.

We are under performing at the moment and I actually think GJ is to blame. It was he that stated that this was a season in which we'd challenge. I actually believed him.

Lets hope come May he's proved right. I'm not holding my breath.

That was in the past, I thank him for getting us to where we are now but you can only live on past glories for so long. Look at Darren Ferguson for one. There is no time for sentiment in football anymore. Despite all the money we spent in the summer mainly on wages all we have got for that extra investment is a extra point from this stage last season.

This time last season Forest were rock bottom of the table, A year on and with a new manager they are flying high in 4th.

The problem is we all know we have a team capable of performing much better than they currently are, We have some of the best players we have had in a long while yet we are doing a bit shit. You have to then ask yourself is it down to the players or is it the manager? I look at it and see Johnson failed to bring in any wingers and then tries getting out of it by saying Chelsea don't play with wingers, Yes Johnson they do but they are Chelsea and have much better players for the formation where as we don't. Johnson wont bring in a player unless he is right for the club, Yea well obviously that is working now isn't it Johnson? Then because he failed to bring in the RIGHT type of players for positions where we are lacking he then plays players out of position and can't play a standard 4-4-2 effectively because of this. He would rather play players out of there natural position and in a unfamiliar role than give youngsters a chance and instead ships them out on loan to get 1st team experience when actually we could actually do with them gaining that experience here. Would players like McCombe, Johnson, Sproule and Williams get into any other Championship side? I really think Johnson's loyalty to players is like blind faith as eventually they always end up letting him down.Our expectations are high because even as recent as this week Johnson has said we were at least aiming for the play offs.

I'm sure the 10k plus a week for some players helps make it up tbh, If they stopped making silly mistakes and playing liek crap they wouldn't get abuse would they?

You want constructive criticism? How about Johnson buys 2 wingers, 1 left and 1 right and maybe even 3 if they can cover at full back as well, Ships certain players out to make way for these needed signings. Go back to playing 4-4-2. don't play 2 pacy strikers together because it simply doesn't work especially when your team like to lump it forward. Don't leave it so late to always bring on subs, If it's not working fix it don't always cling to hope that the players that got you into it may get you out of it cos they wont most of the time and get them running up Brean down 5 am on a sunday morning following a poor result. They all get win bonus's when we win what do they get when they lose. Cos of what ever punishment he is dishing out now clearly aint working.

Quite.

I would be genuinely interested if one of the (tiny) minority of people who booed Lee Johnson when his name was announced yesterday or one of the (much larger) minority who booed McCombe after his mistake yesterday would care to explain how that was supposed to help the team? I don't personally agree with booing the team full stop, but I can imagine people being very frustrated after last night. However, booing during the game? Going 'whoosh' whenever McCombe touched the ball? Seriously, what is that about?

Quite.

I would be genuinely interested if one of the (tiny) minority of people who booed Lee Johnson when his name was announced yesterday or one of the (much larger) minority who booed McCombe after his mistake yesterday would care to explain how that was supposed to help the team? I don't personally agree with booing the team full stop, but I can imagine people being very frustrated after last night. However, booing during the game? Going 'whoosh' whenever McCombe touched the ball? Seriously, what is that about?

Couldn't agree more on vocal abuse of our own team...no idea what that achives

...but on the general point of personal criticism...I think many of us are frustrated by the performances of people working in an entertainment industry...you pay your money (to people who earn a hell of a lot more than almost everyone watching at AG) and I believe you earn a right to express an opinion...

Football's a tough business...and it's extremely well rewarded at Championship level. So whilst I don't believe in boo-ing players because it harms team morale I think fair comment on the performance of the side and of the players is what they should expect....

Archived