IGNORED

To Those Of You Who Thought Yesterday Was The Worst Performance Under Gj

Bcfc-Chris

I just really don't get how you can say this. Cardiff away this year was a hell of a lot worse a that Peterborough draw at home was worse as well IMO. I think we should all just get behind the lads because we all know the seasons not over yet. We have an excellent squad this year and most people exspect playoffs, I think this is a reasonable targes but the league as a whole is a lot stronger than previous seasons.

so come on everyone let's get behind GJ and the

lads :englandsmile4wf:

Of course it wasn't anywhere near the worst but people love to go crazy over that sort of thing.

I can remember us playing against Notts County and losing 2-0 at home in the FA Cup. That was much much much worse.

We actually played OK going forward yesterday, it was just individual mistakes at the back (mainly from McCombe) that cost us.

I just really don't get how you can say this. Cardiff away this year was a hell of a lot worse a that Peterborough draw at home was worse as well IMO. I think we should all just get behind the lads because we all know the seasons not over yet. We have an excellent squad this year and most people exspect playoffs, I think this is a reasonable targes but the league as a whole is a lot stronger than previous seasons.

so come on everyone let's get behind GJ and the

lads :englandsmile4wf:

your last defeat is always the worse one,

I thought the Sheff Wed performance a few weeks back was worse than this especially first half. When we resort to McCombe lumping 40 yards balls forward then you know things arent good. That has been happening more and more lately but it was especially noticeable for me in that game!

Yes, that was a very poor game.

Sheff Wed played really well unlike the Blades. I didn't see Carlisle and that was probably worse.

What disturbed me is how badly we played for most of the game on Sat and how abysmal the distribution was throughout.

The latter can be fixed easily enough - just punish them for making long passes and we hopefully get Orr and Fonts back.

But we don't have the bottle or the leadership to play as well as we can do. We can't rely on scoring from free-kicks once in a blue moon. And that's not easily fixed.

Sheff Wed played really well unlike the Blades. I didn't see Carlisle and that was probably worse.

What disturbed me is how badly we played for most of the game on Sat and how abysmal the distribution was throughout.

The latter can be fixed easily enough - just punish them for making long passes and we hopefully get Orr and Fonts back.

But we don't have the bottle or the leadership to play as well as we can do. We can't rely on scoring from free-kicks once in a blue moon. And that's not easily fixed.

Youre right they did play really well. They were however aided by our own poor performance. They had several key players missing that day and we still didnt have a clue how to break them down. The players change i.e. Hartley, Sno, Haynes etc but we still cant play with any imagination or creativity. When Sno was signed for the season many city fans on here and in the pubs were claiming play offs at the very worst and probably rightly so. After 6 weeks or so a player who looked in a different league to anything we have got in that pre season friendly has suddenly looked average at best! That worries me greatly!

Youre right they did play really well. They were however aided by our own poor performance. They had several key players missing that day and we still didnt have a clue how to break them down. The players change i.e. Hartley, Sno, Haynes etc but we still cant play with any imagination or creativity. When Sno was signed for the season many city fans on here and in the pubs were claiming play offs at the very worst and probably rightly so. After 6 weeks or so a player who looked in a different league to anything we have got in that pre season friendly has suddenly looked average at best! That worries me greatly!

I didn't see the friendly.

First game I saw Sno he was immense. There was this hype that he could pinpoint a 40 yd pass anywhere on the field. I didn't see any of that. Instead I saw a guy who could receive the ball at almost any height, control it, draw in defenders, and lay the ball off for someone to exploit the space. This is an ideal tactic for the Championship where closing down is the norm. And on Saturday it looked as if we were starting to exploit that space.

This won't help advance my point at all but I don't care. Last season, we tried to play Stern John in a similar role. I think it worked better than anything else we did but Stern John was too far forward and you need at least 2 more forward players to make it work. Also John could be tackled. I still haven't seen Sno get tackled.

2nd game I saw Sno, he passed it to opposition forwards 3x, twice in the direction of our goal. He won MoM (underserved) and I think he won it again 3rd game I saw (also undeserved).

But his short passing has got better. With Sno, the 4-3-3 makes sense. We have no left winger, our fullbacks can't really cross the ball and so without him, we're somewhat reliant on through balls, 1-2s (Haynes & Saborio) and wonderful 30 yarders from Maynard.

Sno also gets knackered after about 70 mins and people tend to remember the end of the game, not the beginning.

Classier players often do sink to the level of the team - which is why saying bring in this player or buy that player is a bit naive. Our main problem at the moment is we don't seem to believe the result is in our control - and seemingly have no-one able to instill that in the team.

Saturdays game was frustrating. We were wasteful infront of goal and defensively inept. It was not the sort of performance that our supporters are willing to pay money to see, and rightfully so.

However, people must have incredibly blinkered memories to describe it anywhere near the worst... The commitment was there, and chances were created.

I'd say the cup defeat to Carlisle was probably the worst performance i've ever seen under Johnson.... Fortunately I was out of the country during our nine match losing run but i'd imagine home defeats to the likes of Hartlepool Southend Chesterfield and Notts County werent too clever either!! In our promotion season I seem to remember a couple of stinkers too... losing 4-1 at home to Blackpool, and 1-0 to Cheltenham.

This won't help advance my point at all but I don't care. Last season, we tried to play Stern John in a similar role. I think it worked better than anything else we did but Stern John was too far forward and you need at least 2 more forward players to make it work. Also John could be tackled. I still haven't seen Sno get tackled.

/quote]

Like most, I thought Stern John was awful up front - too lazy, as a start. But....

...the one time I saw him show a bit of potential was Birmingham away, where he played a bit deeper and looked like a good link man.

Not enough on its own to make me want him back, but I can see there's something in this.

As for Saturday being our worst performance under GJ, or even in the Championship - no way.

Those of us who were at Portman Road for the 6-0 would take some persuading anything was as bad as that - we were lucky it wasn't 10 - especially those of us who had gone to Ipswich for the weekend, along with an Ipswich fan, and had to spend the evening and the journey back with him. Do I sound scarred?

Saturday was disappointing, but (for me) largely because it wasn't that different from lots of our performances recently. We just managed to throw in some defensive howlers and missing some good chances into the mix.

Saturdays game was frustrating. We were wasteful infront of goal and defensively inept. It was not the sort of performance that our supporters are willing to pay money to see, and rightfully so.

However, people must have incredibly blinkered memories to describe it anywhere near the worst... The commitment was there, and chances were created.

I'd say the cup defeat to Carlisle was probably the worst performance i've ever seen under Johnson.... Fortunately I was out of the country during our nine match losing run but i'd imagine home defeats to the likes of Hartlepool Southend Chesterfield and Notts County werent too clever either!! In our promotion season I seem to remember a couple of stinkers too... losing 4-1 at home to Blackpool, and 1-0 to Cheltenham.

You are correct. Carlisle at home in the cup was easily the most inept performance by a Gary Johnson side. Truly abysmal - the fact that Johnson had them out training until 11:30pm suggests to me that he didn't feel the players selected lifted a finger for the club on the night. The other games you mention were poor but they were not a patch on Carlisle.

You are correct. Carlisle at home in the cup was easily the most inept performance by a Gary Johnson side. Truly abysmal - the fact that Johnson had them out training until 11:30pm suggests to me that he didn't feel the players selected lifted a finger for the club on the night. The other games you mention were poor but they were not a patch on Carlisle.

Notts County 2-0 loss at home was worse than Carlisle. NC were a poor League 2 side at the time, rather than an average League 1 side like Carlisle yet they made us look awful. Both were very similar actually.

Archived