IGNORED

Idiots

Rob k

calling for the managers head and moaning about this tactic and that, you do realise we had 14 attempts on goal (20 if you include off target) to there 5. How on earth is it the managers fault that only 2 of these chances were converted?

Some people do not understand what they are watching and some of our fans are extremly thick and would be better off staying at home on a saturday.

calling for the managers head and moaning about this tactic and that, you do realise we had 14 attempts on goal (20 if you include off target) to there 5. How on earth is it the managers fault that only 2 of these chances were converted?

Some people do not understand what they are watching and some of our fans are extremly thick and would be better off staying at home on a saturday.

thats what football brings out in people and long may it continue, if it didnt what a boring game it would be,

you do realise we had 14 attempts on goal (20 if you include off target) to there 5. How on earth is it the managers fault that only 2 of these chances were converted?

Might it be partly the manager's fault that three of their five attempts ended up in the back of our net?

Some people do understand what they're watching, and that having lots of shots doesn't necessarily mean that you've played well overall. Were you at the game?

Plenty of fans are staying at home on a Saturday. It's hard to know what our true attendances are as we count all the season ticket holders whether they are there or not. I'm not one of the stay at homes but I can understand why people wouldn't want to pay getting on for £30 to watch us play at the moment.

I believe anyone who thinks Johnson should go now is wrong, and that the club's best interests are served by the stability that his tenure brings. But we are clearly underperforming this year, bearing in mind the money we're spending on wages, and it's reasonable for people at least to ask how much the manager's performance has to do with our situation, and to hope he might change things.

...not sure about "idiots" - there are some really good threads on here at the moment...

I don't think for a moment that it's the managers fault if players can't convert chances on the day - but I'd be amazed if Gary didn't feel that there are things he needs to do to address the failure to turn chances into goals

although I am reluctant to use the term "idiots" - I think those that cannot see any problems or weaknesses with our performances and tactics this season are possibly slightly more worrying than those that do - the inference is that however badly we perform and whatever the results nothing is ever wrong with GJ and the Team - if you accept that position then you are bound to flag up any valid "moans" as idiotic -

fact is we are not playing well, GJ makes some dumb decisions and if that is how anyone sees it it does not make them idiotic - it shows we actually care about the Club and want to improve things - all this look where we are now is academic - we are where we are and we could be playing better and if we had had width (which GJ has failed to address and only now seems to acknowledge) then we may hve been doing better - likewise, Boom Boom is a lovely bloke but is not good enough at this level - GJ is supposed to be the best manager in ther world (almost) (according to many on here) - me, I would have thought he would have spotted this by now?

My opimion on yesterday is that I think GJ is being a bit naive by marking a lump (Henderson) with a another lump (McCombe). A this level I think we would cope better by standing off such players, with Carey,Nytanga and Fontaine, much like at the beginning of the season. We would also stand a better chance of defending faster,skillful strikers (like West Brom)

Now if that makes me an idiot, ok I'll take that! I've been called worse!

although I am reluctant to use the term "idiots" - I think those that cannot see any problems or weaknesses with our performances and tactics this season are possibly slightly more worrying than those that do - the inference is that however badly we perform and whatever the results nothing is ever wrong with GJ and the Team - if you accept that position then you are bound to flag up any valid "moans" as idiotic -

fact is we are not playing well, GJ makes some dumb decisions and if that is how anyone sees it it does not make them idiotic - it shows we actually care about the Club and want to improve things - all this look where we are now is academic - we are where we are and we could be playing better and if we had had width (which GJ has failed to address and only now seems to acknowledge) then we may hve been doing better - likewise, Boom Boom is a lovely bloke but is not good enough at this level - GJ is supposed to be the best manager in ther world (almost) (according to many on here) - me, I would have thought he would have spotted this by now?

Excellent reply.

GJ is the only person who knows why he constantly plays players out of position, changes formations every week and numerous times during a match and has done nothing about the lack of width. It is no wonder the players are confused about where they should be playing.

Unfortunately he continues to play players who are out of their depth at this level. You cannot blame the players because they are only as good as they are. GJ has good promising young talent out on loans. Ribierro could fill the right back spot in Orrs absence, Skuse should be in the middle of midfield challenging LJ and Elliott.

The team selection changes weekly and it nearly always includes McCombe and/or LJ who are two players struggling at this level. Only GJ knows why Fonts and Nyatanga are on the bench watching lesser players perform.

Only GJ knows why he signs players who are NOT natural athletes in his words and rarely plays them. I believe we HAVE got the players in the club for us to do well but unfortunately GJ is trying to put square pegs in round holes.

Absolutely spot on, and one of the most sensible and probing posts I've read on here in a while.

I think I am speaking for the majority when I say that we really would like to see some form of entertainment at the Gate? I am now in a place where I don't look forward to going to the game anymore and I never thought I would say that - I have been a season ticket holder for many years?

A lack of width? Nobody has the ability to go past players and create? We are playing players out of position where they don't look comfortable or happy? Morale on the terraces is pretty poor - need I say more? I don't mind losing provided they have given 100% and at least all tried hard?

I think what's coming out is largely frustration after another largely emotive, poor performance?

That just about sums it up very nicely ;)

Good responses in this thread. As to being thankful for where we are,yes, but we need to continuously improve. Our football at the moment has taken a backward step. Cast your minds back to the footy we played when we met the Blades two years ago at the gate.

So, with the players we have what can we change? Not a lot in my mind as we have too many central players.

Perhaps we could give Sno a spot in the middle, i'd like to see him and Gavin. Marv is out of sorts, LJ isn't the answer either.

Possibly we could line up with Haynes on the LH side of midfield and give Clarkson a go up front.

Can someone please tell me why you spend £800,000 to then go and **** a players confidence by leaving him on the bench, and how must he have felt when you then go and put a central defender in the middle????

So the fact that a lot of us are calling for us to play with some width and asking why we dont play with a winger, makes us idiots does it?.

If you cant see it you must be about the only one.....other than the manager.

I think I am speaking for the majority when I say that we really would like to see some form of entertainment at the Gate? I am now in a place where I don't look forward to going to the game anymore and I never thought I would say that - I have been a season ticket holder for many years?

A lack of width? Nobody has the ability to go past players and create? We are playing players out of position where they don't look comfortable or happy? Morale on the terraces is pretty poor - need I say more? I don't mind losing provided they have given 100% and at least all tried hard?

I think what's coming out is largely frustration after another largely emotive, poor performance?

Spot on that man.

I posted on this subject some three weeks ago; we need to encourage fans through the gate.

I know people will say I am a part time fan (left five minutes early yesterday) but I get so frustrated watching us leak goals.

I have been a supporter for over 50 years, and despite having some of the potentially best players and manager in that time.

We are NOT making the best use of them.

Spot on that man.

I posted on this subject some three weeks ago; we need to encourage fans through the gate.

I know people will say I am a part time fan (left five minutes early yesterday) but I get so frustrated watching us leak goals.

I have been a supporter for over 50 years, and despite having some of the potentially best players and manager in that time.

We are NOT making the best use of them.

You've hit the nail on the head, at the moment something is wrong...and has been all season. Gary needs to put it right. It's a round trip of over 100 miles for each home game and more besides when we are away...and like others I'm seriously questioning whether the rewards of, say, a trip to Doncaster...or Leicester on a mid week are really worth the effort that has to be made to get there....the answer for me this season is no in both cases...

I would suggest that if the thought of coming on to a football forum and reading people's OPINIONS is so repugnant to you then you find something else to do on a Sunday morning!!!

Some of us have spent twenty plus years PLAYING the game whilst some of us COACH the game and therefore DO have at least a basic understanding of what is going on out there. You do not need to have much experience of playing, many coaching badges or much spectating experience to know that the massive problem with our playing style is lack of width. For crying out loud, even the manager himself has now come clean and admitted it.

What would the club actually be if only the "enlightened" such as yourself were turning up on a Saturday? Bankrupt is the word you are looking for clever boy!!

Regards

Extreme Thicko

Archived