IGNORED

A More Positive And Imo More Rational Review

B-Rizzle

Ive just seen the highlights on player and its given me a chance to look at everything a second time...

I think we played alright yesterday, we started off well but then conceded 1 goal that was a clear mistake and another that was just bad defending all round (he was onside aswell by the way). We responded well after half time, created heaps of chances and were well worth a point if not more.

The problem we had in my opinion was that there were too many individual mistakes all round yesterday. McCombes was the only one that truly got punished so he has been the scapegoat but the defence and midfield all misplaced loads of passess and the strikers missed some fantastic opportunities. For me that was the story of our day, Individual Mistakes.

Other than that i thought we did pretty good, the lads gave it their all and worked hard. I asked myself the question why are we conceeding late goals and I think its partly psychological now, we're expecting it to come. But also we lose concentration. Carey should have beaten the little guy in the air. Fontaine jogged to the ball and was beaten in the air by another little guy. McCombe then made a fantastic block but elliott and carey were ball watching and didn't pick up henderson who did the rest. We lost concentration, 3 clear mistakes there.

People need to calm down a bit. We need to sort these mistakes and late goals yes and we do need some more wide players but so many people on this forum lose the plot after a bad result. Seriously! Chill out!

What happened to we always believe? Up the Reds!

Ive just seen the highlights on player and its given me a chance to look at everything a second time...

I think we played alright yesterday, we started off well but then conceded 1 goal that was a clear mistake and another that was just bad defending all round (he was onside aswell by the way). We responded well after half time, created heaps of chances and were well worth a point if not more.

The problem we had in my opinion was that there were too many individual mistakes all round yesterday. McCombes was the only one that truly got punished so he has been the scapegoat but the defence and midfield all misplaced loads of passess and the strikers missed some fantastic opportunities. For me that was the story of our day, Individual Mistakes.

Other than that i thought we did pretty good, the lads gave it their all and worked hard. I asked myself the question why are we conceeding late goals and I think its partly psychological now, we're expecting it to come. But also we lose concentration. Carey should have beaten the little guy in the air. Fontaine jogged to the ball and was beaten in the air by another little guy. McCombe then made a fantastic block but elliott and carey were ball watching and didn't pick up henderson who did the rest. We lost concentration, 3 clear mistakes there.

People need to calm down a bit. We need to sort these mistakes and late goals yes and we do need some more wide players but so many people on this forum lose the plot after a bad result. Seriously! Chill out!

Thats why i'm so annoyed cos we have had this problem since last season yet still nothing seems to get done about it.

sounds like a team low on confidence, i wonder why?

Some how this needs to be arrested as ive seen it time and time again where a decent squad has a wobble and unless they turn it around can spiral, in some cases can quickly get drawn into the relegation dog fight

sounds like a team low on confidence, i wonder why?

Some how this needs to be arrested as ive seen it time and time again where a decent squad has a wobble and unless they turn it around can spiral, in some cases can quickly get drawn into the relegation dog fight

True but class/quality usually prevails and I think that's what will happen with this group of players.

True but class/quality usually prevails and I think that's what will happen with this group of players.

I agree with you but also remember classy quality players need to be played in their natural positions.

Imo playing a big wage earner out of position is costly in more ways than one.

First you aint gona get the best out of the player

Secondly your better off buying a player who plays that position for half the wages from the lower leagues

Better still play your youngsters, their NOT going to do any worse than the out of postion first teamer.

Ribs for Skuse

Wilson for Boom (ok straight swap)

Akinde to be played a lot more often (i rate him highly)

Clarkson as above

Archived