IGNORED

Thank You Gentlemen

Who Shot JR?

I would just like to say a big 'thank you' to Fontaine, Carey, Saborio, Nyatanga and Sproule for a great City Redz party tonight - you were FANTASTIC with the children. My boys loved it! The Saborio 'pile on' was the highlight of the evening!

Gentlemen - you are a credit to the club! :innocent06:

haha, Sabario pile on. Sounds like a good laugh for the kids. No everyday you get to pile on an international player.

I would just like to say a big 'thank you' to Fontaine, Carey, Saborio, Nyatanga and Sproule for a great City Redz party tonight - you were FANTASTIC with the children. My boys loved it! The Saborio 'pile on' was the highlight of the evening!

Gentlemen - you are a credit to the club! :innocent06:

Thats excellent when the players give back to the community for aspiring lads and lasses...

Good on Ivan for going so soon after all he's been through.

Sounds like much fun was had by all, would love to see some pics.

Regardless of what people think about his football (which I personally like), Ivan comes across as a really caring, genuine bloke who has a lot of time for the kids (always signing on a matchday). Top man.

Regardless of what people think about his football (which I personally like), Ivan comes across as a really caring, genuine bloke who has a lot of time for the kids (always signing on a matchday). Top man.

Yes. Its always good to see the other side of players. Unfortunaletly football is a results business and there is often no empathy from games. I would say, similarly, it took alot of courage for Ivan to be there after his last month. Well done that man.

I was at the party as well and was going to start a smililar thread but have only just turned my computer on.

A great big thanks to all of the City employees who organised the event, also to David Loyd and Sarah Jane.

Special thanks to Ivan, I think everyone knew how difficult it must have been for him to attend.

I have met Ivan, Louis, and Liam at open days before and they are always great with the kids but it was nice to meet Saborio and Nayatanga tonight. Two great blokes who really got involved with the kids, they got a right pasting in the soccer area!! They were a real credit to the club.

There has been a lot of bad mouthing about the club this week but for those who were there tonight (and I am sure most were at the game Saturday), it showed the other side of the coin. Nights like this mean so much to the kids and they will remember it for years to come. My two did not shut up about the Saborio pile on!! On Saturday we will be back on the terraces cheering on the boys against Ipswich and last week will be a distant memory. The kids however will see the lads they were rolling around with, playing on the pitch.

Bristol City football club - you can be proud of yourself tonight (that includes you scrumpy, what a tough job!!). Well done to everyone who was involved. The only downside was that it was not as well supported as I think the club may have hoped, I hope this does not put them off from doing it again.

I look forward to seeing the photo's on the website.

Bristol City football club - you can be proud of yourself tonight (that includes you scrumpy, what a tough job!!). Well done to everyone who was involved. The only downside was that it was not as well supported as I think the club may have hoped, I hope this does not put them off from doing it again.

With reviews like these let's hope that the word gets spread and the Club do it again. I didn't go but I'm really proud of the Club for putting this on. I think it's a great idea and I applaud everyone at the Club who helped make it happen.

When is the 'City Redz' party for the grown-ups?
I used to help run the City Junior Strikers and the kids loved the Christmas parties. One particular one springs to mind when Shaun Goater and Greg Goodridge did the Conga with all the parents and kids following behind. They took the kids outside , up and down stairs and they all had a ball. These parties were great and the parents loved them as much as the kids. Ooh how I was wish I was still a Junior Red......................... :chant6ez: Alas there is now nothing for the kids at the Gate, no clubroom, no away trips . I miss all the fun we used to have and I am sure that the older ex Junior Strikers would say the same. Good days filled with laughter.

I used to help run the City Junior Strikers and the kids loved the Christmas parties. One particular one springs to mind when Shaun Goater and Greg Goodridge did the Conga with all the parents and kids following behind. They took the kids outside , up and down stairs and they all had a ball. These parties were great and the parents loved them as much as the kids. Ooh how I was wish I was still a Junior Red......................... :chant6ez: Alas there is now nothing for the kids at the Gate, no clubroom, no away trips . I miss all the fun we used to have and I am sure that the older ex Junior Strikers would say the same. Good days filled with laughter.

Going by your support start date seems a while since you've been a junior red . :innocent06:

Hats off to all the volunteers. I am sure those kids will have lots to remember and you probably helped shape their lives. well done.

Archived