IGNORED

As January Is Nearly Here...

formerly known as ivan

im guessing most people have been thinking of players they would like to see join us in the next transfer window.

so you would you like to see?

left winger is obvious. 3 possible tagets commons, boyd (maybe a bit to pricey), woolford from scunny maybe?

would also like to see us sign pitman from bournemouth. scored for fun over the last few seasons even when they were struggling. maybe better than vokes.

add to that a left back, but noone really springs to mind.

im guessing most people have been thinking of players they would like to see join us in the next transfer window.

so you would you like to see?

left winger is obvious. 3 possible tagets commons, boyd (maybe a bit to pricey), woolford from scunny maybe?

would also like to see us sign pitman from bournemouth. scored for fun over the last few seasons even when they were struggling. maybe better than vokes.

add to that a left back, but noone really springs to mind.

Woolford isn't a bad player at all, more right sided though I think? Don't think he's played too much this season, so not sure if out of favour, or injured.

Also needed in Jan - Basso and Trundle off loaded from the wage bill. That would free up a fair bit of cash.

Also needed in Jan - Basso and Trundle off loaded from the wage bill. That would free up a fair bit of cash.

I'd echo that Woodsy, although I think we may be stuck with Trunds til the end of the season - he didn't even make the Swansea bench in their last game (don't think he was injured either). Also, Basso may hang on until the summer so he can move for free and get a better signing on fee (last one he'll probably get).

Ideal signings for me would be Commons/Boyd on the left, a decent right winger that will get to the byeline and pull balls back for the strikers to attack (no names spring to mind though so perhaps i'm being optimistic), and cover at left back. Plus a third choice keeper if Basso does go - promote Henderson to no.2 and get a youngster in to be number 3. I'd say Left back is probably lowest on my wishlist as I think Macca does a good job there and we have Fonts/Tanga as cover there if necessary.

I'd like to see us lining up 4-4-2 as follows:

Gerken

Orr Carey Fontaine McAllister

New Winger Hartley Skuse New Winger

Maynard Haynes

Squad players:

Henderson

Riberio J Wilson Nyatanga

Williams Elliott Sno Sproule

Saborio Clarkson

Plus ones for the future:

Akinde, Plummer, Jackson, Kington, Edwards, Walker

Get rid of:

Basso - he wants out so get him off the wage bill

B Wilson - injured but not good enough at this level

McCombe - out of his depth

LJ - for his own good

Artus - too many in front of him in the queue, would have made it by now if he was going to

Trunds - never done it for us and a considerable strain on the wage bill

I would like to see us go for Dave Martin at Milwall. Looks to be a really good player whenever i have seen him play and i think he can play on the left hand side aswell. Not perhaps a household name with many of our fans (dont think ive ever seen his name mentioned on here) but he looks to have all the qualitys to make the step up.

The addition of a left winger would certainly mean a revert back to 4-4-2 which would mean playing a right winger aswell, IMO Sproule is not up to a starting role and we would need to get in somebody esle. Some people have mentioned Taylor from Oldham which i think is a good shout.

Other than wingers i cant imagine us bringing in anyone else in January to be honest.

Taylor from Oldham or Wallace from PNE given their financial problems.

Taylor is out of contract in the summer and PNE are open to offers by all accounts.

I wholeheartedly agree with this

didnt realise preston were struggling for cash but Wallace would be a no brainer if available

Also i think its pretty much known we had a good look at taylor last close season so that would suggest weve doen some homework on him, rather than panic buying in a position thats a bit hit and miss at best of times. plus everything i have heard about him seems positive.

Both genuine left wingers aswell

If boyd becomes available he will get better offers and will go for big fee. Commons isnt a genuine winger, he wants to play in hole, has attitude problems and goes missing far to often. Derby fans i know think he is pap and living off one good seasons performances. Shades of mcindoe or even that maltese fella who we nearly signed.

Wallace and Taylor good realistic shouts, failing that theres always the prem youngsters on loan but i imagine the whole championship would be after them

fingers crossed

I would like to see us go for Dave Martin at Milwall. Looks to be a really good player whenever i have seen him play and i think he can play on the left hand side aswell. Not perhaps a household name with many of our fans (dont think ive ever seen his name mentioned on here) but he looks to have all the qualitys to make the step up.

cracking player, would love to see him at city

Dont no weather your being sarcastic or not, but why the hell would we need ANOTHER central midfielder?

I certainly wasn't being serious!! If anything we need to GET RID of two central midfield players and at least one Centre Half. That might free up some space for players who do their stuff in that lush, untouched green area on the edge of the pitch.

I certainly wasn't being serious!! If anything we need to GET RID of two central midfield players and at least one Centre Half. That might free up some space for players who do their stuff in that lush, untouched green area on the edge of the pitch.

What 2 midfielders have you got in mind?

If we want to sign a worthwhile winger we may have to consider selling off an asset to raise the funds to balance the squad.

In midfield Elliot has attracted alot of interest in the past and although his form has dropped would still command a decent fee.

In the other area you mention, defence, the only contender would seem to be Fontaine.

The problem is we have some excellent players that we really need to keep, and build the team around, and others we might wish to shed that perhaps no one else would want to pay a reasonable fee for.

Both Elliot and Fontaine should be kept in my opinion, unless a mind boggling fee is offered - perhaps Oldham would consider swapping Taylor for Sproule? :dunno::devil:

I'd like to see us get in a central midfield player and a centre half.

Haha! Pissing myself! Personally I'd like to see us offload 1, possibly even 2 CM and ideally Basso +Trunds, but you've got to ask yourself how likely that is! Then at least one winger, maybe 2 and a LB. However this is very unrealistic and as much as we ned to bring in some width I'd rather not sign anyone if we don't sell it as I don't want to get out of our depth financially. Should someone like Williams part though clearly we'd need a wide player, preferably left. I also think Artus needs to move on for the sake of his career, he's nota young lad anymore and will NOT be given a chance!

I would like to warn any potential winger that comes here that he will be asked to tuck inside and track back and your creative freedom will be limited. If you then have the cheek to moan about this as all left wingers should be performing these duties after all it is a team game you will be frozen out and sent out on loan.

I would like to warn any potential winger that comes here that he will be asked to tuck inside and track back and your creative freedom will be limited. If you then have the cheek to moan about this as all left wingers should be performing these duties after all it is a team game you will be frozen out and sent out on loan.

I'm sure that'll be clause 4.1 section 3 paragraph 12. :whistle:

The addition of a left winger would certainly mean a revert back to 4-4-2 which would mean playing a right winger aswell, IMO Sproule is not up to a starting role and we would need to get in somebody esle. Some people have mentioned Taylor from Oldham which i think is a good shout.

Other than wingers i cant imagine us bringing in anyone else in January to be honest.

Spot on about David Martin mate, thought for a long time that he would be ideal for us. Cracking left foot, goes past people and stands a cross from the BY LINE :noexpression: to the back post. We havent seen anyone since probably Mark Gavin who put far post headers on a plate for our strikers.

Spot on about David Martin mate, thought for a long time that he would be ideal for us. Cracking left foot, goes past people and stands a cross from the BY LINE :noexpression: to the back post. We havent seen anyone since probably Mark Gavin who put far post headers on a plate for our strikers.
Hardly ideal if were going to play Maynard and haynes upfront.

Archived