IGNORED

Lee Trundle

Portland Bill

Ive just seen that Trundle is not getting a look in at Swansea, stuck on the bench and getting the odd 2 mins game time(sounds familier!) here and there.

Im guessing that he will be back at Ashton Gate after Xmas?

My thoughts are that he may get used as part of any deal to bring in the much needed wide left man.

Makes me think thats possibly why Johnson didnt bring in anyone on loan, he stated that the deal will have to wait for January at the time.

Your thoughts?.

Ive just seen that Trundle is not getting a look in at Swansea, stuck on the bench and getting the odd 2 mins game time(sounds familier!) here and there.

Im guessing that he will be back at Ashton Gate after Xmas?

My thoughts are that he may get used as part of any deal to bring in the much needed wide left man.

Makes me think thats possibly why Johnson didnt bring in anyone on loan, he stated that the deal will have to wait for January at the time.

Your thoughts?.

I hope you are right Bill but I read it that he wanted LT / AB off the wage bill before signing anyone else in January. If LT comes back then I am more sceptical about a signing in January TBH.

I think there is little chance in any interest in him at all in January, let alone us being fortunate enough to use him in a swap deal for a player in a position we need.

I therefore expect he'll see out the remainder of his contract in the reserves and be released in May.

Guest zider_head

sorry ? play him ? come on please I know its friday but play a million pound player ? as if

On a serious note would rather see him on the left wing than Elliot etc

He's burnt his bridges by saying he wants to stay at Swansea. I personally think they won't want him. Funny how the swans fans have gone all quiet on him since he's re-signed... reality is he might have to come back here and see out the end of his contract.

Either that or we pay it up in January.

He did a job for ten mins here or there but lets not pretend he's the answer to our lack of width.
I'm not pretending, I'm thinking if any left winger signing hinges on him leaving then were in the shit if he doesn't leave. So that then leaves us with a problem, Do we continue to operate without a left winger which hasn't been too successful or do we play someone there who is more suited to playing there then any of our other players? I could actually see Trundle fitting into the left side of a attacking front 3.

Trundle is not good enough for the Championship in ANY position. This is why he hasnt got in our team OR in Swanseas team.

Obviously id have liked him to do well at Swans so we could sell him but the only positive thing about his lack of impact is that i thought it would stop people having blind faith in him! It appears i was wrong

Totally agree , if he comes back what we got to lose some of his better performances i seen last season was when he played out wide on the left

It's a very reasonable idea, Trundle certainly whipped in some good crossses from the left on the few occasions he played there last season.

Also noted this week how several posters have said we could do with someone to time waste at the corner flag in the last couple of minutes so we avoid conceding in the last seconds.

Not many better at bamboozling and frustrating the opposition in that situation than Trundle.

IF he comes back, we should look to use him, if only sparingly, to our advantage, NOT freeze him out.

Often in the past when a player goes on loan to a club a permanent deal was already arranged, will be interesting to see if this is the case or not

No it's not. Trnuds has said this bfore and a few weeks ago on Soccer AM said he was still trying to pursuade the Chairman. I'm just hoping he goes to free up the wage bill, because if he does come back, make no mistake about it he WILL play in the reserves!

I'm not pretending, I'm thinking if any left winger signing hinges on him leaving then were in the shit if he doesn't leave. So that then leaves us with a problem, Do we continue to operate without a left winger which hasn't been too successful or do we play someone there who is more suited to playing there then any of our other players? I could actually see Trundle fitting into the left side of a attacking front 3.

And what happens when he runs out of steam after 20 mins?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love nothing more than for Trundle to come back and force his way into GJ's plans by playing well but realistically it's not going to happen. Gary can be stubborn and i'd be surprised if Trunds even gets on the bench for us unless there's an injury crisis. Gary was unhappy with the condition that LT came back in after the summer break and once you're in GJ's bad books there seems to be no way back as I'm sure Blackman and others would testify.

4-3-3 is perhaps the only formation he could slot in on the left, certainly not in a 4-4-2. But why would we play him there ahead of Sno who is currently first choice in that role (even though he should be playing centrally) and even Clarkson who opertated in that role for Motherwell?

A swans fan at work just cannot see how he would fit into the current Swansea formation. They signed him because they were short of forwards, but that is no longer the case, and the signing of Cotterill will probably have sealed his fate. I think we will either buy out his contract, or loan him out to Yeovil (or similar) and carry on paying most of his wages.

A swans fan at work just cannot see how he would fit into the current Swansea formation. They signed him because they were short of forwards, but that is no longer the case, and the signing of Cotterill will probably have sealed his fate. I think we will either buy out his contract, or loan him out to Yeovil (or similar) and carry on paying most of his wages.

Trundle's days as a championship player are behind him.

I think he will be released back to us in January and will then rot in the reserves until May when a league 1 club will then offer him a much reduced pay deal to come to them as a free agent for the start of the 10/11 season..

Trundle doesn't like living outside of South Wales so I think it will be Swindle or Cheltenham so that he can commute.

When he is at a club that treats him right then you will without doubt get the best out of him GJ treated him like shit! as you can now see even tho he ain't starting many games he is enjoying his time back with the club that is closest to his heart and he's scoring goals when they are needed!

ONE A JACK ALWAYS A JACK.......

When he is at a club that treats him right then you will without doubt get the best out of him GJ treated him like shit! as you can now see even tho he ain't starting many games he is enjoying his time back with the club that is closest to his heart and he's scoring goals when they are needed!

ONE A JACK ALWAYS A JACK.......

You are right about treated like shit. It seems more than ever that if your face doesnt fit at City you dont get a game.

Gavin Williams is the classic case,

Archived