IGNORED

Stern John

tropicalsurfer

:bounce:

Much underrated player, Stern John. As I've said before, we looked most like scoring last season when he was paired with Maynard.

I don't judge a player by how quickly they jog off when substituted. You don't say the same thing about Hartley, do you?

Conserving one's energy isn't such a bad thing.

Much underrated player, Stern John. As I've said before, we looked most like scoring last season when he was paired with Maynard.

I don't judge a player by how quickly they jog off when substituted. You don't say the same thing about Hartley, do you?

Obviously we weren't watching the same player then...

Likely to play tomorrow. How the hell are we going to cope with his blistering pace and work rate?

pick someone simular to mark him BOOM BOOM :noexpression: :w00t:NO DONT Garry I`m joking :pray:

I get the impression you're winding people up at times, but on this occasion, I agree with you. For many people, a good player is one that simply runs around a lot. John was experienced and intelligent enough to pick out the right positions rather than running around like a headless chicken for 90 mins.

Stern John had a decent touch and vision but was brought here to score goals on the back of one good season and reverted to his normal contribution of very little which wasn't enough.

He was a bad signing because we signed him looking for a goalscorer and that's something he isn't really.

Stern John had a decent touch and vision but was brought here to score goals on the back of one good season and reverted to his normal contribution of very little which wasn't enough.

He was a bad signing because we signed him looking for a goalscorer and that's something he isn't really.

Indeed had a bad patch with us which could spurr him on even more to perform well against us a curse in the making but I'm hopeful of a decent result today

Indeed had a bad patch with us which could spurr him on even more to perform well against us a curse in the making but I'm hopeful of a decent result today

It wasn't a bad patch with us, it was an entirely normal patch for his career - it was just we signed him on the basis of the one good season he had had the year prior.

Maynard seems to be doing better without him.

Because Maynard has got better - tho he's scoring nearly all his goals from 30+ yards out.

Stern John seemed to be the only partner Maynard's had who was on his wavelength. He wasn't a bad target man either. I think Haynes is better and Saborio will be eventually. Think we'd struggle to fit SJ, Maynard and Haynes in the same team so no great loss on letting him go. And didn't we loan Velicka to replace him?

So it probably isn't SJ's fault he doesn't play for us any more. I didn't like the abuse he got last season and so I feel inclined to stick up for him this season too. Just hope he doesn't play too well today. :fingerscrossed:

So did Bas Savage..... Bas was very talented and full of skill - but he just never managed to use it when it mattered, ie - on the pitch!

where is good old bas nowadays? i miss watchin him fall over the ball and such haha

his first goal for us didnt he go down appealin for a penalty then the ball hit him n went in? im sure it was summin stupid like that :superman:

Archived